• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need camping help.

Jeanne434

<font color=navy>Teacher's pet and now sucks up to
This is not about camping in WDW but maybe someone here can help out. My DD will be graduating from boot camp in August. We are thinking of taking a family camping trip out to see her before she ships off to Texas for med school training. I don't know where to begin to look for camping options between Boston and Missourri where her boot camp is. Is there a web site someone can reccomend to help me find camo sites between here and there? What about attractions along the way? I don't think there is a whole lot happening in Missourri in August and I suspect it is going to be ungodly hot but it MIGHT be fun!
Please send me links to any places that you can think of that might help! thanks in advance for your help!

Try woodalls.com or tldirectory.com for information on campgrounds. You may also want to purchase a good map program, like MS Streets and Maps to help you set up your trip. They typically offer not only directions, but attractions, etc., even campgrounds for any location.

Good Luck

Another option is AAA. They will help set up a camping trek and give you all the maps, attraction info, etc. for free. Well, free provided you are a member! ;)

Try KOA.com, goodsam.com & by all means check the fort where she is going through basic to see if they have a campground! Most Army forts have campgrounds & it costs anywhere from $8 to $15 a night. Your DD can let them know you will be staying there. I stayed at Fort Jackson SC for a week while my DD was graduating from basic. It was a beautiful place! If either you or your spouse is a veteran you are entitled to stay at these campgrounds! Some are open to the general public. Call first & check.

If you go to goodsam.com you can go to the link on their site where you can plan your entire route. It will give you all the info on all the campgrounds between home & destination, arrange the best route & estimate time & tolls & scenic routes. It does everything including giving you the phone number to call ahead for a reservation. A great investment is the Trailer Life CD you can bring in your laptop & plan as you go also or change your plans as need be. It costs $19.95 & it's well worth it!

Have a great trip!

:wave:

Thank you all for so much help and so many tips! I just love dis folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter