I need some help deciding...

SharonEM

Earning My Ears
I’ve been planning a first-time trip to the fort for my extended family and was able to snag a 12 night premium meadows reservation over Christmas and NYE. My sister has one for 12 nights full hookup. Due to half of our people backing out, we’re going to just use one reservation but can’t decide which. With the group I have now the cost of premium meadows, rental RV, and rental golf carts would be more than some are comfortable with. So I’m wondering if we can go with out the golf carts. OR should we stay in a full hookup site and keep the golf carts. Or am I crazy and we absolutely must have the golf carts. Please help...my head is spinning. o_O

If you can make it work for you, I would definitely keep the golf car rental. Having to ride the internal bus to get anywhere for 12 days would be aggravating to me. If you don't want the cost for the total time you are there, maybe you could plan on having it the days you will be not entirely in the parks. You will want it for at least night to take a drive around and look at all the decorations!

We love staying at the Fort! Happy Planning!

You didn't say what you will be camping in/with. If you have a rig under 40ft, I would definitely go with the Full. The biggest complaint I have heard about the Full sites is the distance to everything (pool, trading posts, external bus depots, Trails End, boat dock). With the golf carts, the distance becomes a non-issue. Personally, I would probably book a Full ($ savings, remoteness, they feel a little more open) if I could be assured I would fit in the site. My trailer is 42 ft and there aren't as many long sites compared to the Premium loops.

j

Just my opinion, depending on size of your rig, I would stay with full hook up and try to keep the cart. It will be much easier getting around, and absolutely try to plan a day to go looping and see Christmas decorations and campsites at The Fort.

We stayed in a full hook-up a couple of years ago and had a perfectly wonderful time. I would keep the golf cart and go with full hook-up if it fits the budget better.

Sharon,

I agree with everyone else. As to carts, they are an expensive convenience and not a necessity. Since you will be there at Christmas, however, the cart is an easy way to get around to see all the campers' decorations. Halloween is another time of year that a cart is handy for the same reason. Thus normally I don't endorse a cart but if you'll be there at Christmas and already have the cart reserved, keep it and use it. Put the savings of the Full site versus Premium Meadow towards the cart cost.

You'll have fun!

Bama Ed

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I feel more confident presenting the full hookup with golf cart as an option to the group and it sounds like we’re in for a really great experience at the end of the year.
:thanks:

Having a golf cart to go looping in is awesome during the holidays. We love going to see all of the decorations.

That being said, it's a total splurge, IMO. We now only rent one during the holidays and use bikes for any other trip. Plus, we now all have Razor scooters so we can get back & forth from the different areas pretty easily, if we don't want to use our bikes. For me, it's hard to justify a cart for the entire week just to go back & forth to the boat or pool--at $70'ish a day. But, holidays are one time I'd lean more towards getting one.

As long as everyone is able-bodied and can walk the parks, I think you'll do fine without a golf cart.
We stayed in the 500 loop. We walked (with our children, ages 4 and 9) to the marina to catch the boat to the MK, and we took the internal buses to the pool and to the outpost. BTW, I thought the bus service was efficient.

You didn't say how many persons you wound up with, but the carts only carry four adults. I'vee seen them overloaded, however, that seems dangerous to me. Sometimes an extended cart is available. You could check on one of them. Also, you mentioned a rental rv, which most are around 30 ft. They will fit a full hook up site easily. Hope this helps and definitely have a wonderful time.

Your going to go looping to see the x mass stuff right? You will most definitely need a golf cart! Another idea is to grab the cart for half your stay. And plan the looping and fort activites in that time frame. I got one for halloween, its needed to see all the loops, in fact i had it for half the trip then added the 2nd half on as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts