I Picked Rose & Crown and San Angel for Lunch, Whatcha Think?

Emme

DIS Veteran
We are trying two new ones this time for lunch at Epcot...Rose & Crown and San Angel. Can we have your opinions please, all good, bad or indifferent are welcome;).

We are; me, dh, and 16 year old ds...we are hearty eaters and enjoy our food times together as a family. How do these two sound? Thanks!

Emmy

Rose&Crown and had fish and chips which we enjoyed,sorry have not had lunch at San Angel.::yes:: :wave2:

Fish and chips at Rose and Crown are awesome. Unfortunately, we've had two pretty dismal meals at San Angel, but the atmosphere is beautiful. On our last trip, we had a FANTASTIC lunch at Chefs de France, which is also a beautiful setting. Their lunch special is delicious and plentiful! (Sorry to offer a negative opinion on San Angel, but our last experience was so bad, we won't be returning.)

Flyball, we ate at Chef's last time and loved it::yes:: ! Oh my is was sooo good!

What was the problem with the San Angel? Bad, food, service, or just plain yuck:eek:
Thanks for the input!

Emmy

We just had lunch at San Angel Inn this past September. It was our first time here, and we all enjoyed it (me, DH, DD11 and DS9). Delicious margaritas, spicy salsa, Plato Mexicano and soft beef tacos were awesome. DH had the steak platter which came with a chicken burrito. Even the guacamole was good! We tried the churros for desserts (similar to fried dough, but much lighter).

The restaurant itself is gorgeous. And you can do the little boat ride. The ride now has important meaning to us, as it is the first time DD and DS did a ride without us!. It was fun to sit in the restaurant, sipping my margarita, while the kids floated by me in the little boat!

We ate at noon, and by the time we left, it was starting to get busy.

I must say, one of our least favorite meals ever was at San Angel, which is a shame since the atmosphere is so great! You may enjoy it, we will never do it again.... We love so many others at Epcot so much: Le Chefs is my favorite, with Le Cellier a close second, followed closely by Marakesh (which is good and so very fun) and Alfredo's..... (I always spend a fortune here cause love it all, especially that sampler platter dessert!!).. enjoy!

I love San Angel Inn - been there too many times to count. As a matter of fact on my Nov trip I am forcing myself NOT to go there so I can try something else. IMO - it's got the best ambiance of all the Epcot restaurants. Never had a bad meal here. I like to try the specials because they aren't often items that can be ordered at standard Mexican restaurants elsewhere.

I've only gone to Rose & Crown once and enjoyed it very much. I had prime rib which tasted pretty much the same as any other prime rib I've had (which is not to say it was bad - it was excellent). On my next trip I am going to try something a little more authentic like the fish and chips.

We have eaten at San Angel about a dozen times and R&C several times, as well. Do not order Taco Bell type food (tacos etc.) at San Angel. Go for the specialty meals. That's my best advice. Tell the staff you are willing to wait for a table by the river. It is so beautiful...We love it! Most of the time the service is fine. Sometimes there is a bit of a language barrier and the CM's don't seem to realize they're supposed to be Disney friendly.

I like R&C. My DH doesn't... We found the fish to be greasy. The cottage pie is very good.

Originally posted by Emme
Flyball, we ate at Chef's last time and loved it::yes:: ! Oh my is was sooo good!

What was the problem with the San Angel? Bad, food, service, or just plain yuck:eek:
Thanks for the input!

Emmy

We have really not enjoyed the food at San Angel, Emmy. We are NOT picky eaters at all, but the food quality here is subpar IMHO, especially compared to the others we've tried in Epcot and our local Mexican restaurants. My daughter actually became ill after our last meal at San Angel. I realize this can happen anywhere, but it was sort of the last straw for us. The service was also not particularly friendly. As another suggestion, we really enjoyed the Tangierine Cafe on our last trip in September. I know this is more of a casual meal, but their Schwaarma platters were delicious and plentiful. The outdoor cafe is beautiful and quiet. I hate to deter anyone from trying anything, because I know everybody's tastes and experiences are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter