I thought about it and I am not comfortable

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I don't feel comfortable making adr this trip because I don't understand what my gf family member can and can't eat I don't live with her so any places on site that take walk ups for lack of better word

Do they take them? Yes, your chances of actually getting in with a walk up are pretty slim. You can, however, make same day ADRs, we do it all the time. As a matter of fact, we rarely make them any earlier than the day before and most often it's mid day just walking around.

As someone who has dined GF at Disney there really isn't any TS restaurant that can't offer multiple options. Many meals are already gluten free and many that aren't can often be altered. If you want TS meals you really do need an ADR anymore.

Thanks everyone
A friend of mine as a celiac son, and it's certainly easier to get G/F options at sit down restaurants than at quick service. It's also something they will undoubtedly be used to dealing with at places with such high throughput as WDW. You can call the restaurant if you are anxious?

Why not ask your GF family member what they can or cannot eat? Introduce that family member to where they can look at menus on their own and tell you what they would prefer? Being gluten free is not a crime and that person might feel good having you take an interest in their diet and their needs.

I don't feel comfortable making adr this trip because I don't understand what my gf family member can and can't eat I don't live with her so any places on site that take walk ups for lack of better word
My son is gf, and one of the reasons we vacation with Disney is how well they accommodate gf. All ADR restaurants will have multiple good gf options. That should not stop you from making reservations at all.

When you make a reservation online, you will have the option to add special diet/allergy notes. You can select wheat/gluten and it will be noted on your reservation. Your family member will be offered an allergy menu when you arrive, or you will have the option to speak to the chef if she's not comfortable just selecting from the allergy menu.

You can google the allergy menus for the restaurants you're considering and show them to her beforehand as well. I don't think you'll have a problem, and I wouldn't try doing a walk-up.

We have traveled with friends and family with a wide variety of allergies and every restaurant has been wonderful. When making the ADR you can click on Special Dietary Requests and click on the box for Gluten. Every time we did this when we went to the restaurant - someone would come over and ask "Who has the allergy?". It was wonderful how every Disney restaurant handles food allergies. Make the ADRs and enjoy.

Why not make a list of the restaurants you would like to go to and then ask your gf to look at the menus and make a final decision? You can also book last-minute ADRs BUT it might be risky in term of availabilities. The smaller the party size, the easier it is usually to find a last minute ADR (previous day or day off). If your party size is bigger than 4/6, I wouldn't risk it.

I just want to add that I'm another gluten free person and I've had MANY gf meals in WDW! Go ahead and make those ADR's. I love eating in Disney and never had an issue or gotten sick.

There are many resources online you can google that provide information about the gluten-free menu items at Disney. This is one that I use frequently when planning ADRs: http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/dining-resources/menus/

Also, if your gf family member likes fried chicken I highly recommend getting a reservation at 50s Prime Time - they have a gluten-free fried chicken plate that was so good it made me cry!!! They even have gluten-free smores for dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter