• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I-trolley

eazyrider

Superdad
Does anyone know whether you can catch the trolley at at a hotel or near one. We will be at the Royal Pacific

The I-Ride Trolley runs down I-Drive, Universal Blvd., and parts around. I don't think it drops by Universal Orlando directly. I think you have to walk a bit to catch a trolley. You can also try the Orlando bus system, Lynx. Check them out at www.golynx.com.

The closest the I-Ride stops to USF is on Kirkman near Major and, yes, it's a haul. I saw quite a few people doing it this week though! The site for info on the trolley is www.iridetrolley.com.

I was one of those people you saw doing that this weekend, but I didn't think it was that long of a walk. If you are not a walker (as a New Yorker I am) yes it will be a walk, but not too bad. When you exit the RP go to your right and keep walking- towards Universal Boulevard. You will have to cut through the landscape, but you will see a small trail already formed on the grass. You will cross one road (not very active) and then another road (that goes nowhere) and then you will be on Universal Boulevard- there is a light right there, just wait for the cars to get the red and you can cross safely. You will now be on the overpass of I-4, walk to the right and you will come upon the entrance ramp to I-4, but there is a light there also, just push the button to cross and wait for the light, now you will be behind Skull Kingdom, keep walking to the corner and you are now on International Drive. To put it in perspective visit the Concierge area and you can see Wet N'Wild and Skull Mountain- and you will see its not that far.

Originally posted by manhattan
I was one of those people you saw doing that this weekend, but I didn't think it was that long of a walk. If you are not a walker (as a New Yorker I am) yes it will be a walk, but not too bad.

Yo, manhattan, check out where I'm from! :cool:

With all the walking you have to do while IN the park, the saving of a few bucks is not, in my opinion, worth it. Especially if you have to walk back to it after a full day at the parks! ugh...

Great instructions, though!

Originally posted by Robinrs
The closest the I-Ride stops to USF is on Kirkman near Major and, yes, it's a haul.

Sheesh, Robin! From Major & Kirkman it's not all that far to CityWalk. You obviously been spoiled by having Spider-Man sweep you into his arms and whisk you to the parks.

Originally posted by kellymonaghan

Sheesh, Robin! From Major & Kirkman it's not all that far to CityWalk. You obviously been spoiled by having Spider-Man sweep you into his arms and whisk you to the parks.

I WISH!! :p

Alright, IMHO it's a looooooong walk from the parking garage! I don't like adding one more step to my vacation! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter