i want adventure in the great wide somewhere - running journal! (comments welcome)

I was going to ask if you're volunteering this year - you're running!?!? CONGRATS!! I'll be running it too!! So jealous of that marathon beer.
Thank you! So excited to have another DIS-er out there. If you're comfortable DMing me your bib # I'd love to track you and cheer as I run!
Ooh boy, another Dis-er to cheer for. I will be working finish line bag check, but will be cheering while I work.
I'll definitely be stopping by to say "hi" even though I'm not checking a bag because I'll walk by gear check on my way to the hotel to shower! :)

Thank you! So excited to have another DIS-er out there. If you're comfortable DMing me your bib # I'd love to track you and cheer as I run!

I'll definitely be stopping by to say "hi" even though I'm not checking a bag because I'll walk by gear check on my way to the hotel to shower! :)
If it's the same as before, I'll be on a bus corresponding to some range of bib numbers. Will let you know.

Boston Marathon Journal
Oh my God. I'm running the Boston Marathon tomorrow. I have a lot of thoughts but I'll save those for tomorrow. Let's just say, it's been a long time coming (- Taylor Swift).

April 9: 5.00 miles • 55:21 • 11:04 avg pace
Easy miles on a Tuesday night followed by my last salad until after the marathon. I was pretty steady here, with miles at 11:00, 11:03, 11:14, 11:04, and 10:58. It was colder than I expected, and I had worn a tank top and capris and ended up changing into a long sleeve that was sitting in my car.

April 11: 4.00 miles • 43:07 • 10:46 avg pace
Tuesday morning before work. We're back in the office 4 days a week so I didn't stay long after the run. It was another cold morning - why couldn't this be the race weather? Miles were 10:55, 10:48, 10:54, 10:28.

April 13: 3.00 miles • 32:15 • 10:44 avg pace
Saturday group run and my last run before Boston! A shakeout, if you will. "Laps" were 11:11, 10:34, and 10:27. It's fun ending on a downhill. I really should race a 5k while I have this fitness... but I did swear to taking off a whole month. Anyway it was a bit warm but I stuck it out in long sleeves and long pants. I wore literally nothing I ever run in and it was all terrible. Leggings wouldn't stay up so I had to carry my phone, the shirt was cotton. Just a mess.

I'll report back tomorrow! I went to the expo on Friday and Saturday so lots of photos to come!

Enjoy your race tomorrow @xjillianpaige! That is literally a unicorn race :D
Have a great race!!
I’m excited to read all about your Boston Marathon experience!! Good luck!
Have the most fun tomorrow!
Congratulations on finishing your marathon 👏🦄
Congratulations!!

:cheer2:
Congrats!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank you all for the well wishes in advance of the race and the love since finishing! <3 Recap coming sooner than later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter