I want to FINALLY win at losing

Oh boy, I am so sorry that you are feeling discouraged. You are making positive changes though. Sending hugs and encouragement not to give up.

Thursday night and managed to get in lots of walking and stay under calorie allotment. Also finished up the monster rocks which turned out very cute. Cleaned off my patio in anticipation of fall decorations. I love Autumn. Made some healthy meals to take to work, and cut up veggies for snacks. Also encouraged my lil princess to eat healthier. So all in all I think today was a successful day. Next week is the last weekend of summer, not ready for it to end, but after all the school supplies leave the stores the fall decorations come in LOL today I saw my first bottle of pumpkin spice creamer at the store :daisy:

I hope I don't come across as not happy. That wasn't my intention. I like to think I have a good attitude, very sarcastic, but good nonetheless LOL I was just irked that scale was not showing all my hard work. It seems to be having now :ccat: kind of like this emoji, the lbs come and go. A little bit more go now. I have noticed that with counting calories I am very mindful of how I want to "spend" my calories. I am tending to go more quantity now as in a huge salad as opposed to a small sandwich. So I don't eat bread, pasta, sugar LOL all those things people say they give up to lose weight. I didn't set out to do that, it just sort of happened. This week I discovered these noodles called spaghetti zero I think? They are noodles made out of mushrooms and only 15 calories. They taste just like noodles, so I chowed down on some with some yummy spaghetti sauce. Totally healthy and way low in calories. I was a happy camper. I can't wait to try them in some sort of stir fry, I am thinking ginger should be involved. I read a line about making weight loss your hobby so I am working on that. If I want to eat something I try to find ways to make it as healthy as possible and lower the calories. The diet is mainly what I am focusing on right now. Is hard to find time to just exercise right now, so I work on eating right. Perhaps next week when the small person goes back to school then I will officially work out.

Hmmm, I'll have to check and see if those mushroom noodles are available where I live. They sound good! Have you tried using a spiral slicer with zucchini? Raw zucchini noodles with pasta sauce taste terrific and are much lower in calories than pasta. That is great that you are giving up the simple carbs and modifying the recipes to make them healthier. You are doing such a great job!

OK how come low calorie costs more? I went to California Pizza Kitchen for the first time today and they had section of choices for under 650 calories *yeah* the only drawback was the choices were among the most expensive on the menu. I still got the chili relleno though (which was yummy) just so I could have a guilt free lunch. Healthy food always seems to cost more it seems. I logged in 13910 steps so far today and 1700 calories, leaving me with 500 calories to spare thanks to all those steps :yay: The scale says I've lost five lbs since I started dieting seriously. It isn't a big loss, but still it's a loss. I am hoping that since it is that special TOM that perhaps it would show more loss. Maybe by next week. Today was the last day of summer for the small person and me. Back to work for me tomorrow and back to school for her on Monday. The summer was ok, not great due to June being a bust because I sprained my knee and couldn't go anywhere. July was fun, and August went by too fast. Small person still says summer was great, so I am going with it. She is easy to please at this age :flower1: We got her teacher's name today and part of the class list. Seems like a lot of boys in her class LOL I am hoping her teacher is nice and does a great job. My small person is very smart but nocturnal like me so she hates getting up early for school, hence she dislikes school. I also start school next week, got the one class I really wanted, but had to settle for a different class than first choice for the other. I can deal with it. I just have to be focused in making sure I stay on top of diet, exercise, school (hers and mine), and work LOL piece of cake right? :cake:

Congrats on the 5 pound loss! That is a big deal! Agree that buying the fresh, whole foods costs more than the processed "loss leaders" that grocery stores push. I won't lie and say it is inexpensive to eat a healthy diet, with lots of produce and organics, but will likely save money in the long term. Healthy eating will hopefully help you avoid future health issues that would result in expenses like lost wages and increased medical bills. I am sure that you understand this, but am just adding some support for the extra spending! There are little tricks to cutting the grocery budget that I have learned, such as buying the fresh produce that is actually in season. Where I live, strawberries were as high as 7.99 during the winter but only 3.99 - 4.99 during the summer. Since cucumbers are in season, I can reduce the amount of expensive fruits in my smoothies without skimping on taste or nutrition by adding a cucumber to the smoothie and subtracting some of the fruit. Though I don't have a lot of time to shop around, I do have certain stores where I buy certain staple foods and the saving do add up. Good luck with the upcoming school year and little person!

OK still around and still plugging along with my fitness pal LOL Friday before work i was thrilled to see the scale was being so kind to me, it makes all of what I am working towards worth it when I see results. They aren't big results, but still results nonetheless. Back to school this week so trying to find a routine that will work. I got up early today and walked before was time to take lil princess to school. Walking to school added more steps. I've already taken over 9000 steps and it is just after 10 a.m. Yeah Me :yay: so just have to behave with my calories and I will have an awesome day.

I didn't do too well tracking my calories this past week. I was tired after all the new school stuff (mine and the small person's). I thought I did fairly well, but the scale didn't think so. So this week I am going to be more mindful of tracking. I guess it matters a great deal as evidenced by the naughty scale LOL

You should be proud of yourself for resolving to do better and not giving up! Still cheering you on!

Thanks Kriii :) I think that's the key, never giving up. Life gets in the way, becomes hectic, temptations crop up, dieting becomes a challenge. Plus add in Autumn and pumpkin spice LOL and it is almost impossible to diet. So just take it one day at a time.

All this going to school is helping me keep my steps up, and I am doing borderline well with my calories. I have found that Sundays are my bad days because I am too tired from work to make good choices. I take healthy snacks, but those cupcakes just screamed my name this weekend LOL how could I ignore them.

Thanks Kriii :) I think that's the key, never giving up. Life gets in the way, becomes hectic, temptations crop up, dieting becomes a challenge. Plus add in Autumn and pumpkin spice LOL and it is almost impossible to diet. So just take it one day at a time.

All this going to school is helping me keep my steps up, and I am doing borderline well with my calories. I have found that Sundays are my bad days because I am too tired from work to make good choices. I take healthy snacks, but those cupcakes just screamed my name this weekend LOL how could I ignore them.

Hope tomorrow isn't a bad day for you, and that you are doing well!

:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:wooohooo I finally broke thru and moved down into a different number range :maleficen:ccat::figment::hmghost::simba::stitch:
so we are all celebrating LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!