I was warned....

DizzyStitch

Mouseketeer
We are staying at SSR right now and I can’t believe someone did this at the resort. I put a nice shiny new Mickey Annual Pass magnet on my daughters car and someone was bold enough to remove it for themselves. So for anyone else thinking about putting an older magnet on their car that is shiny and new, think twice. Someone else needed it more I guess.

Yeah, My DVC and AP magnets disappeared. Not at Disney, but locally here in Texas.

I've had one stolen locally. I don't put them on vehicles anymore. People are really pathetic to put their hands on others' property, but they do.

some enterprising etsy sellers will make stickers in the same designs - once my DVC magnet was stolen, I did that. It sucks but now I don't worry about it. :)

We usually just put them on our fridge. I was walking through the parking lot of my office complex the other day and saw one on a new SUV. I remember thinking to myself ‘I wonder how long before someone takes it?’. Sad. It’s a problem everywhere. But I was happy to see that I work with a fellow DVC member, even though I don’t know their name. ;)

People sell them on eBay, too. I know because I sold some myself. I just have all our family members get one and sell all the extras, would NEVER steal to make a buck. Not even sure how people can sleep at night knowing they have someone else's property, or sold someone else's property. I could never live with myself, even over something small like that. While the law differentiates between $10 and $10k, I'm happy to say that mine, and most peoples' morals do not. It's just those few bad apples out there ...

I have had mine fall off twice. Once was in a car wash. Can’t remember what caused the other one to fall off. Found it both times.

I have had mine fall off twice. Once was in a car wash. Can’t remember what caused the other one to fall off. Found it both times.

I lost my magnets last year. And a week after going for a car wash, I had a big "aha" moment! That they probably fell off during the wash. I then went up to the car wash office, and sure enough, they were there! So don't lose hope, go right back to the office and check. Good luck!

I've kept my DVC magnets on my fridge so no problem there. My brother repairs car washes, and regularly pulls out magnets and antenna toppers from cars. He has a nice collection, including a DVC magnet and a couple of mickey antenna toppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter