I95 Travel On Saturday Morning

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
Leaving South Jersey 8am on Saturday ....what has been the travel through Baltimore/Washington approx. 10am-12pm on Saturday mornings?????
Thanks

at that time of the day, unless there is some type of accident. Saturdays and Sundays are usually fine (no construction!)

through south carolina and Georgia on sat. can get busy on 95. We came back from HHI last Sat. and were only going 35-50 mph. on the North bound. At walterboro, SC on the south bound it was not moving. Sunday is less busy. Also we noticed when we went to Savannah, the the GA highway patrol was out in force. SO watch your speed.

Saturday will avoid the locals going to work, so that's a plus. And the timing seems ok too.
But don't expect a peaceful, country like drive. Traffic around Balto. and DC is horrible any day, any time. One of the worst non-accident, non-construction backups I've ever been in was at the "mixing bowl" one Sunday aftrenoon. Traffic was backed up almost to I-66. Incredible. I kept looking for the accident, looking for the construction--and there wasn't any.

I just made the trip south of Washington D.C. two saturdays ago around noon to 1:00 pm. The traffic was heavy but manageable. However, once you get south of D.C. there is a bottle neck on I-95 just after the Exits to Potomac Mills in Virginia. The lanes go from 5 to 3 once the HOV lanes merge in with the rest of the lanes. There was quite a backup there and it took many many miles to recover from that bottleneck.

Bart

Last year we left on Sat morning at 8 and arrived at the Auto Train in Lorton, Va by noon....which was great. Hoping to do the same this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter