Ibotta

starswilldiex

Princesd Holly
Ibotta is a great way to save money for disney. I started getting serious about using it in late June. I had an account since 2014 with $.75 but never really got into it. Just cashed out this weekend to paypal $97.16 which after being transferred to my bank account i will use my red card to purchase 2 $50 disney gift cards.

So how do you use it? Select stores, select offers from the stores. Purchase the offers and scan the reciept along with the barcode of the item or items you have purchased and your account is credited within 48-72 hours. If you make purchases on amazon, ebay, boxed, or jet thru ibotta you can also recieve cash back and sometimes even bonuses.

Add teammates by adding other people that are ibotta to your facebook to complete monthly bonus challenges.

Now maybe you know someone that already is on ibotta? Good, get their referral code because i am following the board rules and not posting.

I just wanted to share how you can really save money with this app and work it. I belong to a bunch of facebook groups that tell me about potential deals but 95% of these i got on my own and at target!

My goal is to eventually get $1,000 towards our next trip! So far $100 is down lol

I love Ibotta. I also use CheckOut51 and Receipt Hog using the same receipts. Receipt Hog is a slow earner but it eventually adds up :)

I love Ibotta too. I've been using it for a little over a year and have earned $214 so far. The best is when an item is on sale, and I have a coupon for it, AND it is an Ibotta item. Boom!

Up until recently, I was cashing out for Walmart gift cards and using them (along with lots of Walmart gift cards earned via Swagbucks) to buy discounted Disney cards at Sam's Club. I recently started cashing out Ibotta for PayPal, since I'm also stashing cash for a Hawaii mega-trip in a couple years. :)

I love Ibotta. I also use CheckOut51 and Receipt Hog using the same receipts. Receipt Hog is a slow earner but it eventually adds up :)
Sounds like I need to look into CheckOut51 and Receipt Hog too! I've also been using Fetch Rewards, but the earning is very slow with that one. It's very minimal effort so I inch along anyway. :hourglass

I've just started using Ibotta. Not a lot earned yet (haven't done any applicable shopping since I signed up), but I think it'll be useful in the long run.

I use the 2% back at best buy when it's available on ibotta.

When I have gift cards from best buy deals to turn into disney gift cards. I think it has the no rebate on gift card purchases on there, but it still works!

Can you get points at the grocery store or Amazon? What about Walmart? I don't shop at Best Buy so not sure if it would be worthwhile for me.

Can you get points at the grocery store or Amazon? What about Walmart? I don't shop at Best Buy so not sure if it would be worthwhile for me.

Definitely. In fact, I would say Ibotta is mainly a grocery store app. They are branching out to other retailers, but if you download it and look at the categories, it's a lot of grocery. I consider Ibotta to be coupons in reverse. You shop (use regular coupons if you like) and when you get home you scan your receipt and the product bar codes for any rebates Ibotta is offering. That money goes into your account.

Two weeks into using Ibotta and I have $17.19 ready to withdraw. Not a ton and I'm not buying things I wouldn't normally buy. I'm also not shopping a whole lot...but I figure it takes five minutes to see what rebates I have available and scan a receipt.

With the holidays coming, I will undoubtedly be in JoAnn's a lot...so the 10% cash back is going to come in handy.

I love iBotta! It's by far my fastest earning rebate app. If you don't already, checkout eBates too. More for online shopping and non grocery items but every little bits helps. I don't earn very fast with Checkout51 (I just don't tend to buy the things they have on there) but I figure if I'm already doing iBotta I might as well do them too. We are currently saving for a Remy dinner on our Disney cruise next year (so we need about $250) and I think I've saved about $65 towards it since May with another $20 about to come out of iBotta and just waiting to hit my cash out threshold on checkout 51. Plus I've gotten about $30 from eBates since May or so. All for buying things I would have bought anyhow- love it!

I don't like how the produce items on checkout are locked until you earn more with the brand names. I am trying to cut back on same of the brand names but we do buy a lot of produce. Oh well.

UGH! I agree I hate this too! I feel like it should be the other way around if anything!

I started using it in June and have $117 so far! I am so so psyched! My only beef is that sometimes I wish I could do a deal multiple times, and some times I can, but it would be nice to always do it!

When my son was really young, his formula was on Ibotta with $4-$6 per purchase. I just got back into it yesterday, and I'm finding a lot of the brands or items are things that are not carried in store. For example, Pull Ups Cool and Learn has a $3 rebate and another $2 bonus (when you also buy Overnight Pull Ups). I've looked in 4 different stores and can't find it. It's frustrating. I did earn about $7 just from 3 shopping trips this weekend.

I investigated the app... but I am forbidden from using it because I happen to live further north than many other consumers. :(

What does it take to trigger the $10 welcome bonus? I have submitted two receipts, each with a specific brand rebate (and another any brand rebate), but it hasn't given me the bonus. It just told me it's giving me another week to get the bonus.

I've been using Ibotta since Feb 2014 and have noticed fewer of the any brand rebates for things like milk and bread. Those are rare now. Even the any brand pizza and ice cream come with a catch, you have to buy something in addition to them. I use to use Checkout 51 but only for produce, and they've caught on and locked those. I do use SavingStar but not as often. With Ibotta I tend to do best with the Best Buy 2% rebate. Especially at Christmas or when DH is in need of new toys, lol. Also, the monthly level rewards use to be better. $1 reward for buying 10 items is not worth it. Especially when there isn't much worth buying at the stores that I shop at. It would be nice if there was consistency in the products available at all stores. I'm not making a special trip to shop at Walmart when Kroger is less than .5 a mile away, is cleaner, and more checkouts available.

When I cash out my money I do it through PayPal and it becomes my 'mad money'. I almost always use it on running apparel.

What does it take to trigger the $10 welcome bonus? I have submitted two receipts, each with a specific brand rebate (and another any brand rebate), but it hasn't given me the bonus. It just told me it's giving me another week to get the bonus.
It should kick in soon. If it doesn't email them They're good about replying

How often do some of the % off rebates refresh? I have some stores I visit often that would help earn more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter