If all Resort Points cost the same which resort would you buy and why

TIA!
If I was given a free 100 points, I'd like either the BCV for the pool and the ability to walk around the entire resort in the rain and stay dry or VGF because I like the styling of the resort.

Now I don't own either one of them. Instead I bought BWV because the price was cheaper and the standard rooms are cheaper, but I would have been smarter to have split my points between BWV and BCV. I also own at BLT because the cost and points are cheaper, and I love being able to walk back to the resort.

When you split your points do you have to wait until the 7 month booking window to be able to use all of them?

TIA!

When you split your points do you have to wait until the 7 month booking window to be able to use all of them?
Points can only be used at their home resort between 11-7 months. What most people do when they have points split between resorts is alternate years and either bank or borrow points to book their stays.

So if I had 50 points at BWV and 50 at BCV, I might borrow points from next year to book BWV and then bank my BCV points. Next year, I would use current and banked BCV points and stay there. And then I would bank any leftover BWV points that I didn't borrow the previous year.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Points can only be used at their home resort between 11-7 months. What most people do when they have points split between resorts is alternate years and either bank or borrow points to book their stays.

So if I had 50 points at BWV and 50 at BCV, I might borrow points from next year to book BWV and then bank my BCV points. Next year, I would use current and banked BCV points and stay there. And then I would bank any leftover BWV points that I didn't borrow the previous year.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That's really helpful! Thanks!! My husband are looking for enough points to be able to go every year, but would still like the option of banking/borrowing sometimes to take the kids and their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter