If I cancel 31 days out, my points go back in my bank, correct?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I am thinking of making a reservation for summer... I have 75 banked points that need to be used by may 31, 2019... just thinking of grabbing a ressie just in case but not entirely sure we will go.. but as long as I cancel at 31 days prior all will be fine right? No holding points etc.

Thanks, KIM

For some stupid reason I can never remember if you are safe at 31 days or if the points go into holding at 31 days. So, I do any last minute cancels at 32 days lol. But if you cancel by 32 (my cancel date) days your points will definitely not go into holding.

Do you have any current reservations? If so, you might be able to swap out current 2018 UY points for those banked points so you can bank them into 2019 if you wish. You’ll need to call member services to do that.

For some stupid reason I can never remember if you are safe at 31 days or if the points go into holding at 31 days. So, I do any last minute cancels at 32 days lol. But if you cancel by 32 (my cancel date) days your points will definitely not go into holding.

Do you have any current reservations? If so, you might be able to swap out current 2018 UY points for those banked points so you can bank them into 2019 if you wish. You’ll need to call member services to do that.
I just banked these points jan 31... thinking I would be able to use them fall/spring 2019... I am still learning... so now I know they need to be used by may 31 2019... that is my issue...

I just banked these points jan 31... thinking I would be able to use them fall/spring 2019... I am still learning... so now I know they need to be used by may 31 2019... that is my issue...
So, these were 2017 June Use Year points that you banked into 2018. I personally don't like banked or borrowed points hanging out in my account. I prefer the flexibility of regular points. Do you currently have a reservation using 2018 points (June 2018-May 2019)?

So, these were 2017 June Use Year points that you banked into 2018. I personally don't like banked or borrowed points hanging out in my account. I prefer the flexibility of regular points. Do you currently have a reservation using 2018 points (June 2018-May 2019)?
yes! I just made a ressie at poly for july using 73 of my 75 banked points.

Once you are inside 30 days to include the 30th day, they go into Holding. So by midnight of the 31st day you should decide.

Canceled reservation points retain their status, banked points are still banked and will expire at the end of the UY that were moved to.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter