If I'm not booking 11-months out, shouldn't I just buy the cheapest points avaialble for resale?

But the "Busy DVC" season is Oct-Dec right? I'm thinking in my future Feb or May/June qill probably be my time to go.

The other thing I've thought about is if I get more points per year on a OKW or SSR contract I can bank/borrow for 1brs instead of a studio. That being said it looks like sometimes AKL isn't that much more expensive than SSR except for the dues.

AKV is the perfect balance between cheap-available-desirable. Realistic chance of getting a contract for 95-105 a pt, a decent amount of time before expiration and my wife doesn't ever complain if we "have" to stay there! Dues are only $1 more a point which still seems odd to me. They must be using off brand giraffe food...

AKV is the perfect balance between cheap-available-desirable. Realistic chance of getting a contract for 95-105 a pt, a decent amount of time before expiration and my wife doesn't ever complain if we "have" to stay there! Dues are only $1 more a point which still seems odd to me. They must be using off brand giraffe food...
:rotfl2:

This post really helped me decide that at this point DVC isn’t for us, thanks to everyone that posted. We live in Canada and if our exchange rate was better I’d consider it a bit more so I could use it as an exchange rate hedge (eg in 2011 our currency was on par with USD which would make sense for buying, today it’s roughly $135 CAD=$100 USD), but at this point because of exchange rates and I don’t think we’d want to put out the money for the real home resort we’d want, it’s best for us to pass. I did have the same thought as the original poster but now realize it’s not that simple. Thanks to everyone for their feedback

This post really helped me decide that at this point DVC isn’t for us, thanks to everyone that posted. We live in Canada and if our exchange rate was better I’d consider it a bit more so I could use it as an exchange rate hedge (eg in 2011 our currency was on par with USD which would make sense for buying, today it’s roughly $135 CAD=$100 USD), but at this point because of exchange rates and I don’t think we’d want to put out the money for the real home resort we’d want, it’s best for us to pass. I did have the same thought as the original poster but now realize it’s not that simple. Thanks to everyone for their feedback
Sometimes “ no decision” is the best decision. There are plenty of reputable renters if you still want to stay in DVC deluxe resorts. No commitments, no financial outlay, plenty of savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts