If you are attending MNSSHP...

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
do you plan on doing anything in the morning like a park?

Up in the air as to whether we want to take it easy so the kids can enjoy the party.

what are your plans that morning?

We plan on sleeping in that morning, having lunch at our resort, and then some swimming in our resort pool.

I arrive at MCO at 9:15am on my September 1st party day.
I will go to my resort then get lunch at DS and head to MK around 3pm and wait to be let in for MNSSHP.

We're going to Epcot, but much of that time will be spent at a breakfast/brunch at the Garden Grill. I figure that will be our big meal for the deal, so we can just eat quick things later.

But my boys really don't believe in sleeping in, not unless we've really worn them out. :) I'm hoping they'll sleep in a little the next day!

We are arriving on 9/1 and we should be at our hotel around 9:30. We plan to swim if it's not to much trouble then head to MK to get there before 4:00.

Dressing up?
My sister and I will be.
I'm Snow white and she is Belle in her blue village dress.
Maybe we'll see each other. :)

DS is 7, has been 4-6 at prior parties. My plan for party day is total energy conservation mode! Nap/downtime is a must. Mostly/all resort time.. but have to be careful he doesn't get totally worn out at the pool. It can kind of be a bummer 'wasting' a day, but it pays off later when we can splurge and stay up late.

We are staying at the Poly, so having breakfast at Ohana followed by lounging/swimming at the resort until we depart for the parks after 3.

We often do a half day at Animal Kingdom and then stop back at our resort for a quick break and to freshen up.

We are planning on spending a couple hours in the pool then making sure at least my toddler gets a nap at the resort before heading to the party.

We are going to sleep in and possibly have a pool day. Dinner at 3:30 at Ohana and then heading to the party. We will have a 4 year old and don't want to be going from early morning until midnight.

Our flight arrives in MCO at 1045 on 9/26 and doing pool and quick service lunch at resort POFQ then head to party around 4ish.

We are having a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (11:45) then I booked the Wonderland Tea Party for my daughter at 1:30 or 2:00. I need to check the time on that. We have Alice in Wonderland themed costumes so it worked for us to do an Alice day.

And we plan on being at the gates a little before 4. Jack and Sally are at the top of our meet and greet list.

We are rope dropping AK, but only planning to stay until 11:00. Then rest and snacks and drinks at AKL until party time. Oh! And getting all awesome in our costumes.

Bon Voyage breakfast, followed by pirate adventure cruise for DD while DH and I wander around. Maybe swimming and a little rest before the party. No park that day, though.

One year we did a half-day at AK the morning of, then the next day went to MK and it was too much-at least the MK day after a late night was. It was also a last minute addition and the kids were 8 and 5.
Last year we had no plans morning of the party and took the next day off as a mid-week break and just swam. The day off helped us push through the final 2 long park days we had planned.
I'm pretty sure this will be the plan for next year, but am considering a late afternoon in a park the day after the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!