If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It! - WISH October Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

QOTD: “Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty that comes of hard work.” (This is a quote by one of the Imagineers who wrote Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real, the book that is my inspiration for the posts this month)

I love this quote because it speaks to me on such a deep level! In my weight loss journey I started out being able to stay on track easily and I saw results fast. But after a couple months, it seemed like it got so much harder to keep up, plus my weight loss slowed down even though I was still doing the work! I was tempted to quit because I lost sight of my goals and felt weighed down by all of the effort it was taking to reach them. Has this ever happened to you? How to you keep yourself committed to do the hard work required to meet your goals?

Bonus QOTD: What's your favorite Disney memory?

I love this questions and the quote! I have posted this before but I feel it's applicable, from art of weight maintenance book.

"What I’ve found is that it’s less about being motivated than it is about being conditioned with your habits — having the keystone habits in place that will keep you doing those things even when motivation is waning, which it will. One of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to feel motivated in order to do the behaviors necessary to keep you at your goal weight. I have found just the opposite to be true; if you do the behaviors, you then receive motivation. You feel better. Those behaviors bring on a determination to do more healthy, positive things"

I am still working on it to be honest. The thing is something that worked last year, may not be the best way forward today. Sometimes it's hard. Trying to have minimums consistently is one way I deal with it. I decided to take calorie counting break earlier this year and it was not smart move.

Just a quick hello from the start of my vacation! Yesterday was a travel day and while I tried to make healthy choices, a 10 hour flight kind of screws up a day to some degree. Too little moving, too many temptations. However, I was impressed that the airline food came with nutritional information. That is new! And the pasta dish, which was quite tasty, was only 430 kcal.

Today started with a healthy breakfast that has already been tracked. Hopefully I can keep this up!!! @HappyGrape is my big inspiration for tracking while on vacation. It already helped me to avoid the blueberry muffin for breakfast!!

Hi Everyone! I have been missing from the WISH boards for what seems like a year! Ok two months, but still.... Things got really crazy really fast! Coming back from vacation and trying to get myself together, then hurricane Irma (we were out of power for 10 days!), and then a major project at work that devoured my life for another 10 days... But I am happy to say, things are back to normal finally and I actually have a little time for myself.

I've been reading through this month and so happy to see new faces!---well screen names but you know what I mean :) I missed the old gang too of course!

I read through this month and see I've been missing out on a wonderful month too-- such wonderful and inspiring discussion!!!

Just going to jump back in here with just a little under a half of the month to go. I did join WW and have seen mild success... I desperately needed to change my diet and that is happening slowly. As they always say, "you can't out-exercise a bad diet".... which is what I've been trying to do, but I'm at the point now where I have to get my food together if I want to see any more progress. This time with WW, though, I am going to meetings. Last time I tried to do all online, but I find knowing that I am going to go get on the scale in front of a real live person who is recording this is keeping me a bit more accountable.

To that end, my goal is to track for the rest of the month (something I am hit or miss on, which explains only my mild success LOL!).

-- And now for a little retrospection.... It's been exactly two years since I got on the WISH boards and decided to make some changes. I wanted to loose 30lbs and according to some of my old tracking apps I officially hit that goal today. Anyway, DH said we could book a weekend at GF once I hit my goal.... however, that was A) before we went to Tokyo and blew our big trip travel budget for the next two years :rolleyes1 and B) that ended up not being quite the motivator that I thought it would.

What DID end up being a great motivator has been how I have been feeling, how my clothes are fitting, and - most importantly for my vain self - how my pictures are looking.

So here I am... seeing the first major goal, and feeling really appreciative and proud, but also seeing that I definitely have a little more work to do. 10lbs more would put me in the healthy BMI range (and I don't think I've seen that since college!). So that's my WW goal/long term goal.

IMG-1358.JPG

I keep this photo in my favorite album to keep looking at to see that progress is being made... even on days that I struggle and fight with myself to get up out to the gym.... it took two years finding out what fails for me, but magic is happening.

QOTD: “Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty that comes of hard work.” (This is a quote by one of the Imagineers who wrote Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real, the book that is my inspiration for the posts this month)

I love this quote because it speaks to me on such a deep level! In my weight loss journey I started out being able to stay on track easily and I saw results fast. But after a couple months, it seemed like it got so much harder to keep up, plus my weight loss slowed down even though I was still doing the work! I was tempted to quit because I lost sight of my goals and felt weighed down by all of the effort it was taking to reach them. Has this ever happened to you? How to you keep yourself committed to do the hard work required to meet your goals?

Bonus QOTD: What's your favorite Disney memory?

This QOTD speaks to me today! I feel like this is exactly where I am. Not that the past few months have been easy, but the more I am loosing the harder it is to loose more. I'm still going to the gym 4 times a week and the scale hasn't been moving - even though I *thought* I was eating well (plugging an avocado into the WW app changed my perspective on that real quick-- yeesh!).

So WW is how I am trying to combat this. Changing another piece of the puzzle to see if that can project me towards the next step in my journey :)

Bonus: Two many to choose from, but sticking out right now-- once in Epcot a security guard stopped me and started questioning me. It was really freaking me out bc I didn't think I had done anything wrong. Then he proceeded to tell me he was giving me a citation! It was actually a "Disney citation" for impersonating a character since I was wearing Minnie ears :rotfl: He had me so freaked out! Disney is so random and hilarious sometimes!

Ok, I've rambled enough for my missing two months now. Haha! Have a wonderful rest of your Thursday, y'all!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I have been missing from the WISH boards for what seems like a year! Ok two months, but still.... Things got really crazy really fast! Coming back from vacation and trying to get myself together, then hurricane Irma (we were out of power for 10 days!), and then a major project at work that devoured my life for another 10 days... But I am happy to say, things are back to normal finally and I actually have a little time for myself.

I've been reading through this month and so happy to see new faces!---well screen names but you know what I mean :) I missed the old gang too of course!

And we are so happy to see you!!

Just going to jump back in here with just a little under a half of the month to go. I did join WW and have seen mild success... I desperately needed to change my diet and that is happening slowly. As they always say, "you can't out-exercise a bad diet".... which is what I've been trying to do, but I'm at the point now where I have to get my food together if I want to see any more progress. This time with WW, though, I am going to meetings. Last time I tried to do all online, but I find knowing that I am going to go get on the scale in front of a real live person who is recording this is keeping me a bit more accountable.

To that end, my goal is to track for the rest of the month (something I am hit or miss on, which explains only my mild success LOL!).

Yay for another WW buddy! I'm in online only through November but I think I want to upgrade to meetings when my 6 month commitment is up. I'm hoping that will help with these last stubborn pounds. Plus I'm all about hitting lifetime!

-- And now for a little retrospection.... It's been exactly two years since I got on the WISH boards and decided to make some changes. I wanted to loose 30lbs and according to some of my old tracking apps I officially hit that goal today. Anyway, DH said we could book a weekend at GF once I hit my goal.... however, that was A) before we went to Tokyo and blew our big trip travel budget for the next two years :rolleyes1 and B) that ended up not being quite the motivator that I thought it would.

What DID end up being a great motivator has been how I have been feeling, how my clothes are fitting, and - most importantly for my vain self - how my pictures are looking.

So here I am... seeing the first major goal, and feeling really appreciative and proud, but also seeing that I definitely have a little more work to do. 10lbs more would put me in the healthy BMI range (and I don't think I've seen that since college!). So that's my WW goal/long term goal.

View attachment 278033

I keep this photo in my favorite album to keep looking at to see that progress is being made... even on days that I struggle and fight with myself to get up out to the gym.... it took two years finding out what fails for me, but magic is happening.
Contrats on hitting your initial goal! That's some amazing progress :)

This QOTD speaks to me today! I feel like this is exactly where I am. Not that the past few months have been easy, but the more I am loosing the harder it is to loose more. I'm still going to the gym 4 times a week and the scale hasn't been moving - even though I *thought* I was eating well (plugging an avocado into the WW app changed my perspective on that real quick-- yeesh!).

So WW is how I am trying to combat this. Changing another piece of the puzzle to see if that can project me towards the next step in my journey :)

Bonus: Two many to choose from, but sticking out right now-- once in Epcot a security guard stopped me and started questioning me. It was really freaking me out bc I didn't think I had done anything wrong. Then he proceeded to tell me he was giving me a citation! It was actually a "Disney citation" for impersonating a character since I was wearing Minnie ears :rotfl: He had me so freaked out! Disney is so random and hilarious sometimes!

Ok, I've rambled enough for my missing two months now. Haha! Have a wonderful rest of your Thursday, y'all!

Oh man, I would have freaked out too if I thought the Disney security guard was writing me up! But that's awesome :) What a fun memory.

So things for me have been off this week. I am not sure what is going on but since Tuesday I have been light headed and dizzy. I am also just feeling off. I am going to give it a few days before I head to the doctors.

I did decide to take tomorrow off of work. My kids are and husband were already off. We were going to go to a farm for some fall fun but my daughter can't do most of it with still being on crutches. So we have decided to go to the zoo instead and then get pumpkins. We will rent a wheelchair at the zoo for her to use since our zoo is very hilly. She will just get tired out too quickly.

QOTD -- I have lost sight of what I was doing in the past and even more recently. I just try to remember what I need to do and the reason why I am doing it.

My favorite memory is from the first time we took the kids. I have 2 from that trip. The first one was of my son. He had just turned 6. The first thing we did on the first day was seeing the Princesses at MK. This was when they meet at the town hall and it was Cinderella, Aurora and Snow White (or maybe it was Belle). The first one we came to was Cinderella and my son was not happy. He did not want to do all of this princesses stuff. He went right up to her and that the only reason why he was their was so he could do what he wanted to. She turned that right around on him. They had a nice conversation about how he needed to see the princesses too so he could find his own princess. She loved that and to this day will not argue to see one.

The second was when we saw Rapunzel. She was meeting next to the castle at this time (the place that Brave meets now). We were their early and had to wait for her to come out. My daughter was coloring at the table with my husband while my dad and i kept our place in line. As soon as She saw Rapunzel come out she stopped coloring and stood by my dad with her mouth open and staring at her until we got to the front. They she had to take her hair out of its pony tail to show Rapunzel how long her hair was. It was really cute. She was only 4 at the time.

Thursday
1 )) Did I do my steps (11000 goal) Yes, I did 13000. I think 13 maybe my lucky winter number!
2) Were my calories in balance Yes
3) Did I do my 3 weekly workouts without overdoing it (only T, T and S) Yes, and actually I think Thursday is better day for me!
4) What did I do great today, what worked well
I increased the weight of my workout little and this worked well. I really enjoyed it. Food waste this week was only 1 euro, half bag of spinach compared to about 20 last week, so shopping with plan in mind worked well.
5) What can I do better
I had few prawns from my son's meal and they didn't agree with me much. This is not the first time this happens and perhaps I will avoid them going forward. I love prawns so not happy about it but I felt so bloated and uncomfortable last night (after having 3!) just not worth it. I can't eat mussels since I was 23 and ti seem this is another food that doesn't agree with me

I love doing the daily questions and I will keep going with it. When I said I will be in maintenance I thought I have figured it all out once and forever, and this was not the case. Having chance every single day to look at the day and review/revise the plan today took the pressure to try to have it figured out, or the pressure to make a big plan long term. Plan, review, change if needed, repeat. It also helps with bad days. I can easy say - this was not good, but instead of saying I blew it all out it's just one day and if I was trying too hard, or the day plan didn't suit me, or if I need to work on my saying no - I get to, the very next day I get to adjust the plan.

Last edited:
Has this ever happened to you? How to you keep yourself committed to do the hard work required to meet your goals?

your quote and question fit funnily into something I was doing at work today that had me thinking about myself also. It was for a summary of a Professional Development event I recently went to on Social Thinking by Michelle Garcia Winner - the things that were standing out to me were.

You can only succeed at what you can imagine (visualise) and ...
You don't DO a goal - a goal is a thought
You DO the plans to get to the goal - a plan is an action
Our self talk affects what we do

I don't think I have previously committed to the hard work or the plan to get there mainly stayed at the goal/thought phase - there have been lots of reasons for this but I have been healing along the way and feel a little more ready for some hard work at the moment.

Just a quick hello from the start of my vacation! Yesterday was a travel day and while I tried to make healthy choices, a 10 hour flight kind of screws up a day to some degree. Too little moving, too many temptations. However, I was impressed that the airline food came with nutritional information. That is new! And the pasta dish, which was quite tasty, was only 430 kcal.

Hope you have a great holiday - hope you find the balance between relaxing and enjoying your trip and staying healthy :-)

Welcome back :Pinkbounc You look wonderful in that pic - congrats on hitting your original goal. 10 days without power ugh ... we struggled when it was like 12 hours here at the start of the year. Hope apart from that yours and your families homes were ok and everyone was safe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I had my second VB12 shot this week - don't know if I am noticing any difference yet. Also, whilst there I weighed in .... looks like I have lost 4kg (or a bit over 8 pounds) over about 6 weeks. Is it weird that I am really not noticing that loss though?? Or is that just an indication of how much I am actually carrying that I may not notice it straight away. The only thing I can thinks is I moved by bra fastening to the next row - it is a fairly new one and I had just had put it down to stretch but did think that was quick - so maybe it is a little bit of stretch and a little bit of me.

your quote and question fit funnily into something I was doing at work today that had me thinking about myself also. It was for a summary of a Professional Development event I recently went to on Social Thinking by Michelle Garcia Winner - the things that were standing out to me were.

You can only succeed at what you can imagine (visualise) and ...
You don't DO a goal - a goal is a thought
You DO the plans to get to the goal - a plan is an action
Our self talk affects what we do

I don't think I have previously committed to the hard work or the plan to get there mainly stayed at the goal/thought phase - there have been lots of reasons for this but I have been healing along the way and feel a little more ready for some hard work at the moment.

Healing is so important- I'm glad you took the time to do that first and it's exciting to feel well enough to move on to the next phase!

Well I had my second VB12 shot this week - don't know if I am noticing any difference yet. Also, whilst there I weighed in .... looks like I have lost 4kg (or a bit over 8 pounds) over about 6 weeks. Is it weird that I am really not noticing that loss though?? Or is that just an indication of how much I am actually carrying that I may not notice it straight away. The only thing I can thinks is I moved by bra fastening to the next row - it is a fairly new one and I had just had put it down to stretch but did think that was quick - so maybe it is a little bit of stretch and a little bit of me.

It took me until about my first 10 lbs to notice anything and it's similar to what you mentioned- little things like my clothes fitting a different way or being able to see my cheek bones. And I've found that these indicators are much more satisfying than the number on the scale!

QOTD: When an Imagineer is working on a new attraction, they have to think about how it fits in to its ‘land’, as well as the rest of the park. How do your weight loss/lifestyle goals fit in with the rest of your life? The life of those around you?

Bonus QOTD: Congrats- you just [hypothetically] won a free weekend at a Disney park! Which park do you go to and what are your must do's on this super short trip?

Q How do your weight loss/lifestyle goals fit in with the rest of your life? The life of those around you?

It's complicated question, right? I have lifestyle goals that I am committed to, but no longer have specific weight in mind. I don't need everyone to be on board, but I cut some people out of my life too for being too pushy with their restrictive dieting and being anti medicine. I also found some maintainers on my fitness pal that i am able to reach out for support as need. I think actually I have only cut one person - I am perfectly fine with people doing their thing as long as they don't try to interfere with what I do

I really liked California adventure, would love to sleep at MK castle so I am really not sure! I could spend few days at Epcot during food and wine too. Too hard.

Yay for another WW buddy! I'm in online only through November but I think I want to upgrade to meetings when my 6 month commitment is up. I'm hoping that will help with these last stubborn pounds. Plus I'm all about hitting lifetime!

Yes! I definitely want to hit that lifetime! That's another little motivator :-)

They she had to take her hair out of its pony tail to show Rapunzel how long her hair was. It was really cute. She was only 4 at the time.

LOL! That's soooo cute!!!

Also, whilst there I weighed in .... looks like I have lost 4kg (or a bit over 8 pounds) over about 6 weeks. Is it weird that I am really not noticing that loss though??

First of all, congrats on that loss! Woohoo!!! But yeah, I was going to chime in same as below.... It wasn't until I was down a pants size that I started noticing. I was at Disney for the weekend, had packed without thinking about it, went to put on my shorts and they were uncomfortably too big! That's when I noticed things were changing.

It took me until about my first 10 lbs to notice anything and it's similar to what you mentioned- little things like my clothes fitting a different way or being able to see my cheek bones. And I've found that these indicators are much more satisfying than the number on the scale!

Seriously though! I really thought the scale would cause much more celebration, but instead I find myself celebrating (and sometimes obsessing over...) pictures and clothes that show me my journey.

QOTD: When an Imagineer is working on a new attraction, they have to think about how it fits in to its ‘land’, as well as the rest of the park. How do your weight loss/lifestyle goals fit in with the rest of your life? The life of those around you?

Bonus QOTD: Congrats- you just [hypothetically] won a free weekend at a Disney park! Which park do you go to and what are your must do's on this super short trip?

Interesting question! My new lifestyle is definitely creating some bumps in the road. But I think overall it's making me be a better life planner. For example, I get home later now due to the gym, so meals have to be planned for and ready to cook when I get home. I've even started delegating to DH more to pick up some of the slack when it comes to cooking and meal prep. Thankfully, he doesn't mind :) Unfortunately, my weekly dinner with my family has suffered a little bit as well. I've committed to making the gym a priority and so sometimes we have to reschedule, or I have to go the the gym near where they live and have a later family dinner, etc. There have been work arounds, but it's not always easy to try to fit everything in. But like I said, it's making me plan my whole week out in advance and meal plan to a degree so that I can find the time to get to the gym and eat healthy.

Bonus: Hmmm, I think I would want to go to MK for either the Halloween party or the Christmas party! We hardly ever do those anymore, and I just love the festive atmosphere!

How to you keep yourself committed to do the hard work required to meet your goals?
I keep an image in my mind of being thinner, fitter and especially feeling healthy. I am fearful of going back. I think at some point in the not too distant future I amy need my thyroid removed and I know some people have issues with weight afterwards so gtting to a healthy weight before hand is necessary in my mind.

How do your weight loss/lifestyle goals fit in with the rest of your life? The life of those around you?
I am on my own journey here. My DH can eat whatever he wants and he is not active he just never gains weight, My DS 19 , I have to try and force feed him just to keep him from not being a skeleton. DS 21 is like me but keeps active, plays sports so he gets away with eating what he wants for now but when he is between seasons like ice hockey the weight goes on and then right off agin when it picks back up. I make "my" food plus their food. A lot of times I just eliminate the pasta/white carbs and add more veggies to my meals. It is a bit more work to always do that but worth it.

@Lady Marie, check out Connect on the WW app. I found that to be very helpful, great food ideas, success stories and the like.

Thursday
1) Did I do my steps (11000 goal) Yes, I did 13000 again.
2) Were my calories in balance No
3) Did I do my 3 weekly workouts without overdoing it (only T, T and S) Yes, and actually I think Thursday is better day for me!
4) What did I do great today, what worked well
I had some great not diet and exercise achievements.
5) What can I do better
I had late dinner, and little too big and couldn't sleep well at all last night. Two nights in row - Thursday prawns, yesterday too late meal and little too big as I kept picking on snacky food on offer after my meal. I will have crazy busy day today, and will be tired and feeling far from optimal and found out that we are eating in my in laws and they use too much powdered garlic and make my stomach really uncomfortable and don't eat much veggies. I haven't seen them for awhile and it won't be appropriate to bring my own food but perhaps I can bring extra vegetables.

I had to laugh at the comment that you can't exercise away a bad diet. That is totally DH! He told me what/when he has for snacks at work. I was flabbergasted! He eats breakfast at 6:15 then is snacking before 8?! I don't get it. I eat breakfast at 7 and have a snack at 10:30. Sure, sometimes I'm hungry before then, but I don't eat because I know it'll set me off for snacking the entire day.

QOTD: I'm just plugging away at my goals. Right now logging food is really working for me (but not today!!). I don't like going over. And those black lines on the scale are a great visual. They keep me motivated. I think I'm just determined to make my logging and step goals. I'm not sure what's so different this time, but I feel different about it. Maybe it's because we've an empty nest so there are no distractions!

Goals seem to be fitting in fairly well. I'm making it to the gym every morning wayyyy before the sun is up. I love the people I take class with/play pickleball with. I have so much fun with them. That really helps. Making it to yoga after work is not always working, but I'm still trying. I need to up my game, though. I haven't lifted any weights in a couple weeks and truly nothing I do makes me break a sweat. I'd like to change that. Still thinking about how that will look. I don't think I want to take another class at the gym. I may break out my C25K schedule again, but running caused some issues/pain I'd like to avoid! I have a jump rope and think that'd be fun. Just need to make sure my sports bras are up to it!

Happy weekend everybody! I’m off on a girls trip for the next two days and I’m so excited! I even packed healthy snacks and drinks :)

Be sure to update your progress for the month!

I’ll admit mine is not great. I cought a cold early last week which turned in to bronchitis. So I haven’t done a true workout since last Monday. Yikes. I’ve been trying to get some extra walks in so I can at least be moving but I actually miss my weights! I just don’t want to spread my germs all over the gym so it may be a few more days until I feel well enough to go back.

I’ve been doing well with points as far as eating goes. Really well, actually. So it’s annoying that the scale seems stuck yet again. But at least I’m maintaining and not gaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!