If you couldn't stay at a DVC resort...

yasuern

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Then were would you stay in The 1st week of December?

Originally we were going to WDW then a chance to go to Mexico came up and so we rented out our Ressie at OKW - But the place we were to stay sustained some damage and the owner didn't want us to have a week of folks doing repairs and such so he offered to reimburse us and we took him up on it as if the owner was weary as am I.

Okay so we switched our flights to Orlando and for the last 2 nights we are at RPR at US. But of course DVC is not available and I really don't want to spend a lot of money - off site is okay with me as it will give my dgt who has no clue how good she has it at WDW/DVC a reality check!

So long story to ask...

Were would you stay? Would prefer a suite type unit or condo in the area but open to all suggestions:)

Thanks in advance

Sue Marino:goodvibes

I would stay in a FW trailer, no doubt about it! I do not like off site at all, and I love riding bikes around FW and seeing how the campers decorate their places. We ride bikes over there and we stay at VWL for some nights during our December visits.

Bobbi:goodvibes

If you are looking for lots of space with low cost, you could try the Sheraton Vistana (I know, I know...). Seriously though, we have done this in the past through GREAT rates ay Allearsnet. We got a 2BR for $49/night. This ws only about a year and half ago or so. So keep your eyes open for the codes on Allearsnet.

Aother off site option wourd be to get a vacation home (whole house). The last time we did this, we paid $99/night. Again, there are lots of deals and specials out there for these.

Masry at Mousesavers has great rates on the Doubletree Suites for this time of year (I think I just read $89/night in the latest newsletter).

As for on-property:

What about the value suites at the All Stars? These go fast, but people cancel, too. Worth a shot.

I also think the cabins at FW might be a great option.

You could aldo do 2 rooms at a value....you get some space and beds, but no kitchen facilities, etc.

Just some thoughts...

I'd probably stay in a townhouse or condo at Windsor Hills Resort. We stayed in July and it was very nice at $770 for 7 nights in a new 3BR/3BA townhouse with pool, full kitchen, laundry.

That said, I'd still rather stay on site in a suite. But the value at WH is excellent.

My family likes Embassy Suites--"free" cooked to order breakfast in the AM and "free" cocktails in the evenings.....

If you know of anyone close to you that is a member of RCI. They have a "Last Call Vacation" section. These are timeshares that were put back, or left, in the system. You have to book 45, or less, days out. There is usually an extensive amount of Orlando timeshares available. Ie. No worries about availabilty. And some are Gold Crown. And one bedrooms are $232 for a week, 2 bedrooms $264. Then, because you are not an owner you pay $65, or $275??? for five year coverage if you think this will be a regular thing, for a visitor's pass.

We are leaving soon for Williamsburg. And our total, taxes included, is $323 for a full week.

However, I also give a thumbs up for the FW Cabins. FW is so beautiful and peaceful. And it's lovely to walk around and see everyone's Christmas decorations.

Lisa

Thanks for all the input:goodvibes

We have decided to place ourselves on a waitlist until 31 days out and then if nothing comes up - rent a condo in the WDW area.

Well we can dream:wizard:

Sue:)

At Christmas time.....

I also like the FW cabin idea...
People decorate their sites at holiday time....Fun to walk around...
Campfires at night would actually be awesome when
it's not 100 degrees:goodvibes

A boat ride away from Contemp...monorail..and Magic Kingdom...
Lets not forget about being so close to the WL where
the decorations are awesome....

Every time I'm on the magical express bus.....I realize
Offsite....would "feel" completely different....Lose some magic.
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter