If you have IHG points- check out the updated rates

Mrs Daisy

Earning my feathers
I have about 70k points floating around in my IHG account, which typically can pay for about 2 nights at a Holiday Inn Express or Staybridge Suites in Orlando at 30k per night. IHG point costs seem to stay the same no matter what time of year it is; however, they seem to have updated the system in the past week or 2. They lowered a lot of the properties and made the price fluid based on date. They dropped the rates in August by half, so I can now stay 5 nights at a Staybridge Suites (4 nights plus 1 night free using points). I've been avoiding IHG hotels lately because some of the resort fees are hovering about $20 a night (not even including parking fees), but they still have a handful left without parking or resort fees. Hope this helps someone!

Good info. We're mainly Marriott folks but do have an IHG account. I don't think we have a lot of points, though. I'll have to check.

I’ve found that places are reducing fees or removing them. You might call to ask, the website may list the whole fee. Worth asking. Wyndham reduced $10.

Ps, I hate fees that aren’t optional. Just build it into the price!

I’ve found that places are reducing fees or removing them. You might call to ask, the website may list the whole fee. Worth asking. Wyndham reduced to $10.

Ps, I hate fees that aren’t optional. Just build it into the price!

I have about 70k points floating around in my IHG account, which typically can pay for about 2 nights at a Holiday Inn Express or Staybridge Suites in Orlando at 30k per night. IHG point costs seem to stay the same no matter what time of year it is; however, they seem to have updated the system in the past week or 2. They lowered a lot of the properties and made the price fluid based on date. They dropped the rates in August by half, so I can now stay 5 nights at a Staybridge Suites (4 nights plus 1 night free using points). I've been avoiding IHG hotels lately because some of the resort fees are hovering about $20 a night (not even including parking fees), but they still have a handful left without parking or resort fees. Hope this helps someone!

That is great, I love the Staybridge Suites LBV if anyone is looking.

They will be competing now with so many not willing to travel. Hopefully all brands will ease up on point requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!