• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you have used points to book cruise & paid cash for a child...

global_mom

DIS Veteran
We have the opportunity to book our family on the 3 night cruise on Jan. 3 using points as we have some "extras". Whan talking with MS I inquired about the cash price for the children. We would have 2 rooms and one of these rooms would have 3 people so we would technically only have one child in the head count.

The point cost for the child is 39 points or the cash price is only $281. It seems that the 39 points would be worth more than $281 so we were leaning toward paying cash for the child and keeping our 39 points.

If anyone has done this can you give opinion as to which way we should go?

Thanks so much!

Well it would depend...can you bank those pts, or is there an oppertunity(hmmm SP) to use them or will you just loose them if you cant do either?

If you can bank I say Bank and pay the cash unless the $$$ will be a burden on you.

We have not used our pts for cruising but we were going to for the Mexican Riviera and do a back to back for 14 days...pay cash for one week and pts for the next. But we decided to do 7 days GrandCalifornian Concierge and do 3 days DL, 1 day waterpark,1 day Knotts Berry and 1 day universal than hope on the ship for a 7 day cruise. It was much cheeper and we still had pts left for 7 more days. So we are also going for 4 days at New Years and 3 days with my girlfriends at the end of school year. So you can say we will have our cake and eat it to:thumbsup2

I know many people that have used there pts. It is not the best bang for you bucks/pts but there there to use and enjoy the best way that works for you. Me if I had had more than 400 pts than yes we would have utilized the with cash and pts and left some for a week at WDW/DL.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter