IHG hotels

Tenacious K

earning my beers
For those that have the IHG credit card and/or use IHG reward night points, what are your favorite locations to stay at? Mostly Orlando, doesn’t necessarily have to be an exclusive Disney trip, but if you have stories of other locations that would be interesting as well. What’s your favorite way to pay? (All points or the cash/point method) Do you usually spend your entire length of vacation at the IHG hotel or do you usually split stay?

(I realize a lot of this is situational based on individuals preferences, but I just like to hear other people’s perspectives since I learn a lot from it :D)

Our very best deal using our annual free reward night was at the Venetian in Las Vegas. We got a fabulous suite for free--the only thing we were responsible for was the $30 per night parking fee. No idea how much it would have been using points because we only needed one night.

Our very best deal using our annual free reward night was at the Venetian in Las Vegas. We got a fabulous suite for free--the only thing we were responsible for was the $30 per night parking fee. No idea how much it would have been using points because we only needed one night.
Parking is free at the Venetian and Palazzo. There is a $39 resort fee..$43 with tax. I also used 60,000 ihg points to stay at the Palazzo earlier this month and it was by far the best redemption.

I think one of our best uses was staying about 15 minutes away from Niagara Falls in St. Catherine. We were able to get two nights for the number of points one night would have cost us right near the falls.

We have never used our points in Orlando, preferring to use them here or there when we just need one or two nights. We actually just spent two nights in Oklahoma City this weekend. Watch your emails for special offers; we utilized an email bonus during this stay which gained us an additional 6000 points, so we paid for the room rather than using Rewards Nights this time.

Also, they used to leave a bottle of water and a snack in our room upon arrival, but lately have been giving us a choice: snacks or points (300-500). We take the points.

We've used our IHG reward points all over, they accumulate quickly since the hubby travels a lot for work. One place where we really get value for the points is the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort in Jamaica - it's not luxury, but it is an all inclusive resort! A couple of other favorites are the Holiday Inn French Quarter in New Orleans & the Holiday Inn and Suites in Ocean City, Md.

Parking is free at the Venetian and Palazzo. There is a $39 resort fee..$43 with tax. I also used 60,000 ihg points to stay at the Palazzo earlier this month and it was by far the best redemption.

Oops, it must have been a resort fee. Regardless, it was a great use of a reward night.

Our best redemption was the Holiday Inn in Aruba. We stayed three nights x 2 rooms for free using our anniversary nights (husband and I both have a card) and our sign up points. Sadly, the points required for this resort have now gone up but I would definitely stay there again. Absolutely beautiful location!

Disney we stay Disney, at my wife's orders. Only one trip ever to WDW, Grand Floridian. Disneyland, last couple of visits, Grand California, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier previously. Have stayed Hilton, Homewood Suites, Best Western there too. Even stayed at the KOA once, slept on the ground back when i was in College and we had no money. KOA was where the parking garage is now.
Anywhere else, Holiday Inn Express at my wife's orders, and we use up rewards points as soon as we can. Best deal, San Diego, $70 a night after using points.

Hong Kong Intercontinental Hotel. Usually stayed a night or 2 and moved onto Hyatt or SPG since we have points / cards there too.

Don;t know if this is allowed, forgive me if I'm doing something wrong but checkout The Fairy Godblogger's blog. She uses IHG for their travel through Europe. I think she is on these boards somewhere because that is how I found her. Great trip reports too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter