Illuminations Cruise

jessie2

Mouseketeer
Hi

Does anyone know if 13/14 year olds would be classed as children on an illuminations cruise, and how strict Disney are on the 10 or 12 passengers on a Pontoon.

Are these the boats which we have seen go towards Epcot under the Boardwalk bridge, we have often wondered where they were going?

Thanks

Jessie:)

it doesn't matter if they are children or adults, you pay for the whole boat. I was told it would take 10, or 12 if some were kids. I assume this is just because it would be uncomfortable with 12 adults in it.

Bev

Jessie, yes they are the boats you will have seen moored under the bridge. We have done two cruises now and both times we have received very bemused looks from folks on the bridge, obviously wondering if we are some sort of VIPs!

Having done the illuminations cruise in February I would say that 10 adults is really a maximum on the pontoon boats for comfort's sake if nothing else. If there were a couple of children then you could probably stretch it to 12 though.

Someone else may correct me but isn't the Breathless a bit larger? Although more expensive and harder to book it may be worth considering if you have a big party Jessie.

I would very definately recommend the cruise if you can do it - we loved it, even in the pouring rain!!

Thanks for the replies, I now have to be on the ball and very lucky with the reservation. That's another little mystery solved Deb.

Jessie
:)

jessie,

I don't know if I was just lucky, but I completely forgot to call at noon, remembered at 2pm (so 9am there time) and called then, and there was still one available.

good luck

Bev

Breathless is a Motor Launch and has a lower capacity than the pontoons (6 or 8 V thinks).

I think I will try for a pontoon and take it from there.

Bev, after your last reply I wondered if you got through straight away and if you had managed to get a reservation, now I know. Are you sharing with anyone?

I have had a very lazy day today and took the chance to go through the newly posted old trip reports (if that makes sense) whilst having the house to myself. Hope you are not going to scare Katie again this year!

I had to smile at one of Angel's comments about the carrier bags being saved, I have a lovely collection, all neatly folded some from each year since 1996.

Jessie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter