Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

I understand. I was actually trying to find the end date for bookings for others who still want to book it. I have my booking for first week of May all safe n sound.

I would probably call then if you really need to book for 2. They can't make you have 3 people.

Make the ressie for 3, the go,back later and adjust it to 2.
If it doesn’t work, you can always cancel, get the refund, or chance
Showing up, pleading your third could not make it, sick etc., and they might
Grant you the refund. It has worked for us several times.

There's no problem if only two show up for an ADR made for three. As long as even one person shows up for an ADR, there won't be any charge for a no-show for the others. So leave the ADR for three and, when you check in, just explain there will only be two. We traveled with another couple who sometimes just weren't up for our dinner ADRs. We told the restaurant that there would only be two of us, and there was never an issue.

Make the ressie for 3, the go,back later and adjust it to 2.
If it doesn’t work, you can always cancel, get the refund, or chance
Showing up, pleading your third could not make it, sick etc., and they might
Grant you the refund. It has worked for us several times.

You have to pre-pay though.

There's no problem if only two show up for an ADR made for three. As long as even one person shows up for an ADR, there won't be any charge for a no-show for the others. So leave the ADR for three and, when you check in, just explain there will only be two. We traveled with another couple who sometimes just weren't up for our dinner ADRs. We told the restaurant that there would only be two of us, and there was never an issue.
That won’t work because this is all paid in advance as a package.

So this is pretty lame..... why on earth would there be availability for 3 but not 2? I just don't get it! :( Why would they force you to pay for 3 then have to refund the additional person? How many chairs per table? So if I was solo, are they not going to allow me to book this??
NOwhere on the site does it state a minimum of 3 people required to book it!?

So this is pretty lame..... why on earth would there be availability for 3 but not 2? I just don't get it! :( Why would they force you to pay for 3 then have to refund the additional person? How many chairs per table? So if I was solo, are they not going to allow me to book this??
They allow bookings for two, for tables for 2.

They don't want tables that are partially unfilled, as that is less money for them. So, they'd rather hold out for a "3" then let you book the same table as a "2"

It’s definitely isn’t a minimum of three to book it, I booked it for two. Must be one of those famous Disney glitches.

Last edited:
I was able to book for 1 for July 18 a few weeks ago. I could have done it online, but could not find a way to use a gift card to pay it off, so I had to call. But there was no problem booking for 1.

It's worth a call to see if they would book the 3 for a party of 2.

I booked for two people at my 180 days for September 11 so maybe they have two top tables to fill and then four top tables to fill, thus letting you book 3 for a four top table.

Good luck and keep trying.

Book the third person as a child under three and there is no prepayment. I have had to do this a couple times with dessert parties.

I am really try to book this event for 2 on April 18th. I am obsessing and trying several times a day, without success. Has anyone ever had success with booking a reservation last minute for the Illuminations package. As a back up, I have 7:25 reservations to the Rose and Crown for dinner. I figured I would arrive at 7:30pm to check in. I will be honest with our server and tell them we are not leaving until after Illuminations and will tip well. Another question, do they still allow those in the restaurant to go to the private area outside to watch Illuminations? Thanks.

I am really try to book this event for 2 on April 18th. I am obsessing and trying several times a day, without success. Has anyone ever had success with booking a reservation last minute for the Illuminations package. As a back up, I have 7:25 reservations to the Rose and Crown for dinner. I figured I would arrive at 7:30pm to check in. I will be honest with our server and tell them we are not leaving until after Illuminations and will tip well. Another question, do they still allow those in the restaurant to go to the private area outside to watch Illuminations? Thanks.

I’ve found quite a few times when making ADR’s that the times I want don’t show up on the main dining page in MDE, including my recent attempt to book the Illuminations Dining Packge. However when I clicked on the restaurant or packge I wanted it takes you to the restaurant page with the description but there is also another search block on that page. Each time I was able to do the search on that page and get the times I wanted. Not sure if it was a fluke or luck but hats how I got the dining package this time.

I’ve found quite a few times when making ADR’s that the times I want don’t show up on the main dining page in MDE, including my recent attempt to book the Illuminations Dining Packge. However when I clicked on the restaurant or packge I wanted it takes you to the restaurant page with the description but there is also another search block on that page. Each time I was able to do the search on that page and get the times I wanted. Not sure if it was a fluke or luck but hats how I got the dining package this time.

I did not book through the MDE app I went to the Disney.com site and entered my information to bring up my reservations and then I clicked onto things to do and under that all dining and went to the illumination dining event and proceeded from there to book it

Just was able to make a reservation for 2 for September 30

Great news! I am hoping for any date for our trip the following week. Really hoping for October 6.

Great news! I am hoping for any date for our trip the following week. Really hoping for October 6.
If it's still showing at that point. Current rumor has it ending 9/30, which is the date some of us are gambling on.

If it's still showing at that point. Current rumor has it ending 9/30, which is the date some of us are gambling on.

I wonder if they will continue the dinner with the new show. If so, we will still try to reserve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter