Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

I don't know. We were all on the upper section and the lower was empty. It was a good view though and we were told we could go down to the lower if we wanted. It was also chilly, so I don't know if that played a part in it.

Very odd. I thought the whole point of having it downstairs was to prevent having to move. Hmm... May have to rethink this one.

I don't know. We were all on the upper section and the lower was empty. It was a good view though and we were told we could go down to the lower if we wanted. It was also chilly, so I don't know if that played a part in it.

Yes as previous posters have said, if it is chilly and or windy, they put everyone with the package on the upper portion of the patio with the wind flaps down during dinner. The bottom is left empty. Then people can move to the lower level to view Illuminations if they want to. We have sat on both levels many times. They both have pretty good views.

I'm confused. If they could no longer take requests, then how did you get the table on the upper patio?
I asked for a patio seat when I checked in and they said they could no longer take requests. But I think they mentally noted it. The patio wasn’t even close to full so it wasn’t really an issue to get a seat out there.

Very odd. I thought the whole point of having it downstairs was to prevent having to move. Hmm... May have to rethink this one.

If it is cold or windy they will seat you upstairs. The lower is a half flight of stairs below. When Illuminations starts, you can either stay on the upstairs patio or move to the lower patio. The lower patio is still blocked off for those who paid for the package and has tables and chairs that you can sit in. When we did it, probably 3/4 of the package guests remained on the upper patio while the rest of us moved to the lower. It allowed for a lot more space and either patio provided a great view. For us, this arrangement was not a negative in any way.

If it is cold or windy they will seat you upstairs. The lower is a half flight of stairs below. When Illuminations starts, you can either stay on the upstairs patio or move to the lower patio. The lower patio is still blocked off for those who paid for the package and has tables and chairs that you can sit in. When we did it, probably 3/4 of the package guests remained on the upper patio while the rest of us moved to the lower. It allowed for a lot more space and either patio provided a great view. For us, this arrangement was not a negative in any way.

Thank you!! I am going in July, so hopefully cold will not be an issue. :)

Anyone see reservations for the first week of October? I have to wait till Monday to reserve. Since we need a table for two, I want to make it my first reservation if it is being offered. Hoping to snag something on the 6th. Will be sad if we miss Illuminations, but still want to see the new show. So either way we are good.

We did this on Monday and had a great time. A few thoughts:

1) Alcohol: As others stated, they did feel the need to tell us about the alcohol policy. One drink at a time, if you're not finished, they'll take the drink and leave your refill. No big deal here IMO. We still managed 6 drinks a person.
2) View: We sat in the lower section as it was warm enough. We had the first table, which gave us a great view though I can see a few tables would be more obstructed. We were near the gate, which a few people used randomly. It was supposed to be blocked off but a few people decided that was the way to the bathroom I guess and we did need to move chairs for them a few times. However, the view was also impacted by #3...
3) Umbrellas: Why they don't just remove them, is beyond me. They did ask to put them down for other guest's viewing; we didn't really have an issue and said sure. We aren't rude. However, once it was down, I couldn't really talk to anyone else at the table. My husband actually had to move seats as he could not see the lagoon anymore at all. We actually mentioned this, "Well now one of us can't see the show at all" and they didn't really have a response. We luckily had empty seats, so he moved, but it's just an awkward situation that would be negated if the umbrellas were removed at 7PM. Josh at EasyWDW mentioned this as well, it really is an issue.
4) Food: The pacing seemed* a bit off for the night, as there was a long wait for the appetizer and a long wait for the entree, but the food was very good and just what we expected. Some other reviews mentioned dessert was served during the show. *We had our dessert after the show. Perhaps they tweaked this a bit. If the longer waits between the food was so we could have dessert at 9:20, then I am all for it, versus rushing through.
5) Service: It was great. We left an extra tip with cash. A few other tables near us did as well. We were asked for new drinks with dessert as a last call, which we thought was a nice touch. We were not rushed out at all and were offered a to-go cup to enjoy that last beverage on the way out of the park. We didn't leave the table until around 9:40, and had a mostly empty park for us to walk through and take photos of the topiaries.

Overall we'd definitely do it again, the experience was very enjoyable and overall a good value for us. We didn't pick our food or drink options based on "value" and I estimate we came out $100 ahead versus a la carte. We'll miss illuminations and the memories we have of it but we are excited for what the future brings.

Last edited:

Anyone see reservations for the first week of October? I have to wait till Monday to reserve. Since we need a table for two, I want to make it my first reservation if it is being offered. Hoping to snag something on the 6th. Will be sad if we miss Illuminations, but still want to see the new show. So either way we are good.
I would be curious to know this too. My window is open until October 2nd. I can pull it up for the 1st, but not for the 2nd. It's greyed out on that date. I wonder if that is finally signaling something?? Can anyone else see it past the 1st?

I would be curious to know this too. My window is open until October 2nd. I can pull it up for the 1st, but not for the 2nd. It's greyed out on that date. I wonder if that is finally signaling something?? Can anyone else see it past the 1st?
I can see space available for Oct. 3 & 4, as well as Oct. 2. Oct. 2 shows space for 2 or more.

Sometimes, there are no tables for 2, but only for 3 or more.

It still shows as IllumiNations Dining Package.

I can see space available for Oct. 3 & 4. Sometimes, there are no tables for 2, but only for 3 or more. Is still shows as IllumiNations Dining Package.
Darn, I was getting excited. It's weird, the 2nd is just greyed out for me. But it's not greyed out for BoG or anyplace else. And I have been searching 4 when I look, but it's won't let me click on the 2nd.

Ignore me, I logged out and back in, and now I see it.

Darn, I was getting excited. It's weird, the 2nd is just greyed out for me. But it's not greyed out for BoG or anyplace else. And I have been searching 4 when I look, but it's won't let me click on the 2nd.

Ignore me, I logged out and back in, and now I see it.
Try a different browser. That might help.

We just booked this for 9/29. We went back and forth whether to add this, but between the reviews, we think we'll still keep it. If the reviews change in the next 6 months, we might cancel. FWIW, you can book the package out at least until 10/5 (that's our last day and can't see anything past due to 180 day mark).

Reactions: eva
Update: I just reserved a table for two on October 6. As a matter of fact I was seeing availability for a table of two every night that week up to the 12th. Now we will just have to wait and see if it is still Illuminations or the new interim show. We are going either way.

Side Note: So excited that I got all our ADRs for that week at the exact times I wanted! Doing the happy dance!

Looks like we will be seeing EPCOT Forever. Sad to see Illuminations go, but love to see something new too. My reservation is still showing up. So I think they are continuing the package with the new show.

Ok, reading through the reviews here, can anyone explain to me why this package is better than just dining at the appropriate time at Spice Road Table?

From what I understand, it isn't hard to get a waterfront table there, especially if you show up a little early for your reservation and are willing to wait. You don't have to pay extra, it is a single credit on the dining plan and since it is pretty.much where I used to like to watch Illuminations from before it was built, seems like a good location to me.

Am I missing something with the dining package or even the desert party?

Ok, reading through the reviews here, can anyone explain to me why this package is better than just dining at the appropriate time at Spice Road Table?

From what I understand, it isn't hard to get a waterfront table there, especially if you show up a little early for your reservation and are willing to wait. You don't have to pay extra, it is a single credit on the dining plan and since it is pretty.much where I used to like to watch Illuminations from before it was built, seems like a good location to me.

For me, I'm gluten-free and the reports from Spice Road Table are not great. R&C has always had good gf options for me.

I think that’s probably why, you don’t have to show up early or wait. That’s why we are doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter