I throw my hands up high and have a party for one

I'm having a Me Party
A party by myself
A Me Party
I don't need nobody else
I'm having a Me Party
I'm the first and last to show
There's no one at this party that I don't already know :D

Hello and welcome to another one of my pre-trip reports. If you’re new to my TRs I have plenty linked in my signature down below. My name is Ashley, I am a 29, mom to three rambunctious boys, Disney enthusiast, and stay at home mom, I also do some side jobs to help pay for all my Disney vacations :earsgirl:.

IMG_2485.JPG

I will be going to the Walt Disney World resort from November 5-10th as for a conference. I am going in early and staying after the “work” part so I can experience all of the new offerings at WDW since I was there in January, attend MVMCP, and Food and Wine:drinking1.

A lot of the details for my trip are still up in the air, because the work portion hasn't been given to me yet. I am going solo, which is quite scary for me. I have never traveled by myself other than just flying to meet up with someone. But this will be five whole days of me time. Since the work part of my trip is taking two days, it didn’t make sense to ask someone to come with me and my husband needed to stay home with the boys anyway. It will be very interesting to navigate the parks by myself. So any tips on solo travel would be much appreciated. :disrocks:

I am flying from Dallas Love to MCO via Southwest on the morning of November 5th. I am staying at the All Star Movies Resort. I wasn’t particularly thrilled to stay here, but it was cheap and serves its purpose for the trip. I did pay for preferred for the convenience and I will feel a whole lot better getting to my room at night if it’s closer to the buses. I am not sure which section to request, so if you know a good one let me know.

Right now I have 10 day park hoppers, which obviously I don’t need, but I am very likely going to be getting an AP. I have also already purchased my Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets. I have never been before and I am so excited to get to see MK all decked out in its Christmas finest. I probably wouldn’t have gone to the party solo, but also really didn't want to miss it since I would be there.

I am so excited to experience all new things on this trip and I hope you will join me in my excitement of planning it.

Last edited:
How fun! I went on a semi-solo trip last spring, in the fact that I stayed at Pop all by myself, but I was doing some group activities/meals with a larger group. I loved being able to do what I want, when I wanted, and not have to worry about anyone! I always felt safe, and it was such a neat experience to be on my own!

I'm here! Love the title!!!

I hope you have a great time! I've never done a whole trip solo, but always enjoy the solo time I do get in. I admit that I had a battle with myself the other day when a cheap airfare came up and I was tempted to just go down to WDW myself (have an AP right now). I resisted, though - but I think it would be a blast! I was just thinking today how it sometimes feels like my life is basically a series of giving other people what they need, one thing after another - a solo Disney trip feels like the needed break from that, just doing whatever you want and not worrying about anyone else for a bit. :cloud9:

I hope you love the Christmas party too! :santa:

I am joining...going solo the same time (until DH arrives before our cruise)! I am so excited just to do what I want to do! But I am sure I am going to meet up with lots of new friends at AEP!

Wow this sounds like a great opportunity for you! I'm sure it will feel weird being without your family but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

How fun! I went on a semi-solo trip last spring, in the fact that I stayed at Pop all by myself, but I was doing some group activities/meals with a larger group. I loved being able to do what I want, when I wanted, and not have to worry about anyone! I always felt safe, and it was such a neat experience to be on my own!
That's what this will be like. Hopefulyl I'll meet some other Disney loving folks and can go to the party with them, but also be able to explore on my own. I am really going to love not having to worry about someone else and purely do what I want.

I'm here! Love the title!!!
Thanks

I hope you have a great time! I've never done a whole trip solo, but always enjoy the solo time I do get in. I admit that I had a battle with myself the other day when a cheap airfare came up and I was tempted to just go down to WDW myself (have an AP right now). I resisted, though - but I think it would be a blast! I was just thinking today how it sometimes feels like my life is basically a series of giving other people what they need, one thing after another - a solo Disney trip feels like the needed break from that, just doing whatever you want and not worrying about anyone else for a bit. :cloud9:
I had that same battle last year when I had an AP, so hard not to justify a quick trip. You are right about giving other people everything, perks of being a mom and wife I guess :rotfl2:. It will be so weird, but good to have nobody else to worry about.

I hope you love the Christmas party too! :santa:
I think I will, I love Christmas and having been dying to see MK with all the decorations.

I am joining...going solo the same time (until DH arrives before our cruise)! I am so excited just to do what I want to do! But I am sure I am going to meet up with lots of new friends at AEP!
I feel the same way, nobody's wishes but mine matter and I can do what I want. I hope to meet some friends at AEP, but I am a painfully shy person, so we'll see.

Wow this sounds like a great opportunity for you! I'm sure it will feel weird being without your family but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!
It will be very weird. I love alone time and independence, but I feel like it will be weird when I am alone, but surrounded by thousands of people who are there with others, if that makes any sense at all.

I like to think of myself as pretty knowledge about all things Disney, but even if I know about things, I haven't necessarily experienced them for myself and that is the big theme of this trip. My whole goal is to experience as many new things as I can, to help expand my overall knowledge about WDW. With that in mind, I have created a Disney Must Do list, of the top ten new (to me) experiences for this trip. If you had read my trip reports before, I have done this is the past and I always find it's a nice challenge during the trip.

1. Four Parks/One Day

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, so this isn't exactly about expanding my Disney knowledge, but I just really want to do it. I have done three in one day, but never four. I think it will be quite fun. I really only have two full days to explore the parks, so it's kind of a necessity as well. Keeping in the vein of new experiences, I will probably purchase the express transportation for at least that day, so that will be a new thing as well.

2. Attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Mickeys-Very-Merry-Christmas-Party-2015-3-640x426.jpg

Considering I have already purchased the ticket for this one, I think it's safe to say that I will be going. My main goal for the party is to do mainly party things, specifically the parade and fireworks. I will probably not go on many rides, if any and I really just want to enjoy the ambiance and soak it all in.

3. Eat at Food and Wine Booths

th.jpg
I am having such a hard time right now. The menus came out last week, and OMG I want everything. Of course I am one person and can't possibly eat it all, but I will be having at least two, possible three meals there to sample as much as I can. Stay tuned for details on that.

4. Watch Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After.

Happily-Ever-After-Fireworks-Show-2.jpeg
This one is going to be quite the struggle for me. I Haven't watched the fireworks in front of the castle in a long time. I have gotten quite spoiled being able to watch them from other places in the Magic Kingdom. However, since this will be my first time to see it I want it to be in front, so I can see the projections. I am just not sure I want to deal with the crowds. So we'll see how this works out.

5. Visit Wilderness Lodge

6253160851_7099abd715_b-1024x692.jpg
While my ultimate bucket list is to stay at all the resorts, for right now I have to settle at least having visited all the deluxe ones. The only two left on that list are Boardwalk (my conference is there so that I will definitely see) and Wilderness Lodge. I have never really had a reason to go here and it will be hard to fit it in, but I am going to try and make it over there for a quick look around.

6. Have a drink at Abracadabar

Disney-World-Boardwalk-AbracadaBar-551x600.jpg
I actually haven't heard anyone talk about this place, so I have no idea if it's good or not, but the concept is really intriguing to me and I would like to give it try. If it is not too crowded I will try to stop by there one day after the conference.

7. See Rivers of Light

Rivers-of-Light-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-Walt-Disney-World-1.jpg
This is a show that I have been waiting for forever, as I'm sure most of you feel the same. I have been avoiding spoilers on this, because I really want to just experience it myself before I make a judgement. I have listened to the soundtrack though and I love it, so I'm hoping the visuals live up to that.

8. Visit Pandora

Pandora-Animal-Kingdom-Image-.jpeg
This obviously had to be on my must dos. I have been trying to avoid as much as I can about this land, again so I can experience for myself firsthand and I can't wait to try all the new stuff.

9. Have a Nutella and Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hallow

th (1).jpg
haha sorry for the small picture
This has been on my list of foods to try for awhile and I always seem to forget once I'm there. So it is definitely a must do this time around.

10. Do a Solo Character meet

Mickey Mouse  rehearsal room at Town Square Theater (Ali Nasser, photographer) photo(c)Disney_1.jpg
This final one is more about pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I love meeting characters, its fun and let's me be a kid again for a minute. I was super apprehensive doing it on my adults only trip and it ended up being fun, but I think because my husband there, I was more comfortable. The thought of doing it alone feels weird, and I think that might stop me. I hope that once I'm there, the chance to be a kid again takes over and I am brave enough to do it, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I hope you have a fantastic time! I'm going in Sept with my BFF, just two 50 year old women that love Disney and had major health issues with kids when we went before, so neither of us have really gotten to see much of Disney. Our last day we are doing all 4 parks, it helps that Epcot has night EMH!

Fantastic List!

I am with you on the Character meets, I have only done them with our girls, so I am not sure what it would even be like as an adult only!

And if you like Nutella, the waffle is WONDERFUL! So good!

I'm here! Awesome! How exciting to get a solo trip! I'd like to maybe try it someday, but I'm sure it will feel very different. I love all your goals for things to do while you're there. I'd also like to visit a few of those places. Looking forward to following along!

I generally just follow silently but I'm here from your family trip report. Sounds like you have a great list started for your trip! I love the nutella waffle from Sleepy Hallow- waffle, nutella, a and fruit definitely a great combo! I also love the Christmas party. If your a fan of Christmas time you will love the party especially if you plan to just soak it all in. Christmas time at Disney is the best!!

Following! I cannot express how truly wonderful solo Disney trips are Once you get used to having nothing in your hands but a phone/camera to take photos, (no stroller pushing, hand holding, or general pack-muling for the family) it's pure bliss. I wish you much peace and fun during your trip!

I hope you have a fantastic time! I'm going in Sept with my BFF, just two 50 year old women that love Disney and had major health issues with kids when we went before, so neither of us have really gotten to see much of Disney. Our last day we are doing all 4 parks, it helps that Epcot has night EMH!
I'm sorry about the health issues in the past. That sounds like an awesome trip though. I hope my best friend and I can do a trip like that one day.

Fantastic List!

I am with you on the Character meets, I have only done them with our girls, so I am not sure what it would even be like as an adult only!
That's how I felt before I did one with DH, but it was actually fun. I just don't know how I can go to Disney and no see Mickey.

And if you like Nutella, the waffle is WONDERFUL! So good!
I LOVE nutella, I can't wait to try this.

Sounds like a great list! I hope you're able to fit it all in!
Me too

I'm here! Awesome! How exciting to get a solo trip! I'd like to maybe try it someday, but I'm sure it will feel very different. I love all your goals for things to do while you're there. I'd also like to visit a few of those places. Looking forward to following along!
Thanks for joining in, it will definitely be an adventure. Can't wait.

I generally just follow silently but I'm here from your family trip report. Sounds like you have a great list started for your trip! I love the nutella waffle from Sleepy Hallow- waffle, nutella, a and fruit definitely a great combo! I also love the Christmas party. If your a fan of Christmas time you will love the party especially if you plan to just soak it all in. Christmas time at Disney is the best!!
Christmas is the best, I seriously can't believe I get to experience it at Disney (even though really it's early November. Thanks for joining in.

Following! I cannot express how truly wonderful solo Disney trips are Once you get used to having nothing in your hands but a phone/camera to take photos, (no stroller pushing, hand holding, or general pack-muling for the family) it's pure bliss. I wish you much peace and fun during your trip!
Sounds absolutely amazing, I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter