I'm Just Here For Brunch: A 16 Day DR *Update 8/3

I stay at OKW all the time and had no idea they served food at the Gurgling Suitcase. Learn something new every day. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Following along! Yay for brunch! I am torn between Homecoming and springing for Cali Grill brunch for an upcoming trip. My heart says CG and my wallet says Homecoming. :rotfl2:

Great start! Mike and I love brunch, but we never seem to go at Disney. Raglan Road looks fabulous. Can't wait for more reviews .

Long time lurker to your dining reports! I'm glad you started another one. The ride from NJ is bad. We did it straight through a couple of years ago. Going down isn't bad but going home is horrible especially when you get on the turnpike. In Oct we went to Ragland Rd for brunch and it was really good! We sat outside which unfortunately the service is terrible. Can't wait to hear more!!

Looking forward to your report!

Ugh, I can just feel your misery from here on that drive down. Our drive is about 10 hours, but it can be so miserable cooped up in that car, especially when you're both exhausted. I understand the need to just eat, relax, and crash out.

Hope the rest of the trip is better!

Oh Jeri congrats on your house!!
I love your DR b/c you guys make the best plans & seem to have the best suggestions!! I just booked brunch @ RR since you rave so much about it, I totally trust your judgement! :) We JUST purchased DVC ourselves & will be spending as much time as possible @ Disney Springs on our summer vacation!!! I. Can't. Wait! Thanks for the AMAZIN' reviews!!!!

Oh & we are driving for the 1rst time from Western PA! I'm a tad nervous, but trying to save, see some sights on the way down & my hubby wants some true southern BBQ! We will get 2 hotels to break it up & hopefully make it easier. The way home I didn't book any hotels, we'll just wing it. We'll prob. end up getting a hotel but we'll see if we'll just feel like getting right home. Do you have any tips for the long drive?

Last edited:
Following along...love all the details..Also,staying at Old Key West is actually on my bucket list...

I have to try RR brunch. I love me some brunch! If you ever make it to Bucks County, ill give you some good brunch options :)

Great to have you back Jeri! I've really missed your TR's. So sorry about the house issues. That REALLY sucks!!!

Sounds like a rough first day but at least it ended well! Can't wait to hear the rest :)

So true! I quickly forget the drive once we enter Disney property. :laughing:

We're doing brunch at RR for the first time next month and your reviews have us very excited! We had a hard time deciding between RR and Homecomin' though. Have y'all done brunch at Homecomin'?

Awesome! I must say... I like Homecomin' brunch better. The drinks are way better and I just loved the brunch entree I had there. Pics of that brunch should be up soon, but it's definitely my fav. RR is great too, ut if given the choice I would take Homecomin' 9 times out of 10.

Sorry you didn’t like the Iced Irish! I’ve had that before and enjoyed it.

I get wanting to branch out from favorites but I totally understand longing for what you know you love which is why I usually get the Kiss Before Shrimp!

Glad you liked it! I definitely seem to be in the minority on that drink. Maybe it was my expectation of what it would taste like just didn't match up.

It's so hard to try new things when you have favorites! And I am very much a creature of habit. I have not tried the Kiss Before Shrimp. I am intrigued...

Following along! :wave2:

Yay! Welcome welcome!

Following along. Love OKW, but always stay near the Hospitality House for easy access to the Gurgling Suitcase :rolleyes1

Thanks for joining in! I tried to get closer to the hospitality house but no dice. It seemed like a lot of the closer rooms were being refurbished so that may have had something to do with the lack of availability. I think I would have gone there a lot more often this trip if we were closer.

Loving the trip report so far!
So excited to get there in 45 days!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks! You're so close! That's always so exciting. :cool1:

Great start! Looking forward to your report!

Hey! Welcome! Glad you're joining in on here too!

YAY! Enjoyed your Insta version and can't wait to read along :)

Woo hoo! :cool1: Thanks for joining in on here too!

Following along! I'm afraid reading your reviews are going to make me change all of my April reservations.

:laughing: It is very possible!

Following along

Welcome! :goodvibes
:thanks:So glad you are starting your food report!!! Your Instagram pics got me excited for the real thing. No more teases. Now we get it all!

:laughing: Now you get to see it all and read about it all! The good the bad and the ugly, although it was mostly just good this trip. :thumbsup2

Sorry. Late joining the party!
Looking forward to reading along

Yay! Welcome!

Yay!!! I’m soooo glad you’re back!

:cool1: Thanks! It's good to be back!

Isn't the ONLY way to drink coffee is by adding a lot of creamer?

:rotfl2: You are so right!

Great first review. Haven’t seen many reviews if Raglan Road brunch.
We always have big plans for arrival day and then basically end up eating and sleeping too :rolleyes:

Thanks! We love RR brunch. So many good options to chose from and the entertainment is always great.

But eating and sleeping are never a bad way to vacation. :thumbsup2

I stay at OKW all the time and had no idea they served food at the Gurgling Suitcase. Learn something new every day. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Yes! The food was so good too. All perfect food to pair with fruity cocktails. :thumbsup2

Following along! Yay for brunch! I am torn between Homecoming and springing for Cali Grill brunch for an upcoming trip. My heart says CG and my wallet says Homecoming. :rotfl2:

Brunch is the best right? :rotfl: I am right there with you friend. I wanted to do Cali Grill brunch soooooooo badly this trip but my wallet gave me a serious side eye after I booked it. I canceled in favor of other brunches and I have to say that Homecomin' brunch is fantastic! Not the same views and there were no unlimited mimosas, but it fantastic.

Great start! Mike and I love brunch, but we never seem to go at Disney. Raglan Road looks fabulous. Can't wait for more reviews .

Thanks! It's so hard to give up your whole morning in favor of brunch in Disney, but it is definitely well worth it. :thumbsup2

Long time lurker to your dining reports! I'm glad you started another one. The ride from NJ is bad. We did it straight through a couple of years ago. Going down isn't bad but going home is horrible especially when you get on the turnpike. In Oct we went to Ragland Rd for brunch and it was really good! We sat outside which unfortunately the service is terrible. Can't wait to hear more!!

Welcome! Thanks for commenting! :goodvibes Ugh, sorry to hear you are also experienced with that terrible drive. It's a mental challenge, to be sure! I have worried about that with sitting outside. I feel like sitting outside leaves you forgotten about whenever outdoor seating is an option. Or you're harder to get to or something. More posts coming up today!

Looking forward to your report!

Ugh, I can just feel your misery from here on that drive down. Our drive is about 10 hours, but it can be so miserable cooped up in that car, especially when you're both exhausted. I understand the need to just eat, relax, and crash out.

Hope the rest of the trip is better!

Yay! Welcome!

Long car rides are rough. It's funny the perspective it gives you though. Now when I've had to make trips that are about 5 hours the past few years it seemed like nothing! :laughing:

It is definitely much better after that drive! :thumbsup2

Oh Jeri congrats on your house!!
I love your DR b/c you guys make the best plans & seem to have the best suggestions!! I just booked brunch @ RR since you rave so much about it, I totally trust your judgement! :) We JUST purchased DVC ourselves & will be spending as much time as possible @ Disney Springs on our summer vacation!!! I. Can't. Wait! Thanks for the AMAZIN' reviews!!!!

Oh & we are driving for the 1rst time from Western PA! I'm a tad nervous, but trying to save, see some sights on the way down & my hubby wants some true southern BBQ! We will get 2 hotels to break it up & hopefully make it easier. The way home I didn't book any hotels, we'll just wing it. We'll prob. end up getting a hotel but we'll see if we'll just feel like getting right home. Do you have any tips for the long drive?

Thank you so much! We love our cute little house!

So glad you are trying RR brunch! You will not be disappointed. Congrats on DVC! That is sooooo exciting. I just love it. I'm spoiled now. :laughing:

Breaking it up like that should definitely make it a lot easier. My tips would be to just take your time, have LOTS of tunes prepared so that you don't get bored and bring lots of drinks! I never bring enough to drink. Oh, and google the I-95 rest stop and food guide. It helps decide where to stop for food sometimes during the drive. I will always hold out for a Chick-Fil-A if I see one is coming up so that I don't get stuck eating McDonalds. :laughing:

Following along...love all the details..Also,staying at Old Key West is actually on my bucket list...

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes OKW is such a beautiful resort. You really feel transported.

I have to try RR brunch. I love me some brunch! If you ever make it to Bucks County, ill give you some good brunch options :)

Girrrrrrrrl me too! I'm headed out for brunch after my next post actually. :laughing: I am always down for some new brunch options!

Great to have you back Jeri! I've really missed your TR's. So sorry about the house issues. That REALLY sucks!!!

Yay! Thank you! I have hated being away for so long. I appreciate that. It was a rough summer and fall, but now all is right with the world. For now anyway. :laughing:

I love your reports! You two are adorable! Thank you for sharing- you made my day!!!

Aww thank you so much! :goodvibes

following

Welcome welcome! :goodvibes

After brunch we took the boat back to OKW and got Lindsay all settled in the room and then we grabbed a bus to Epcot. So exited to be here!

We rode Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Living with the Land, Soarin' and Gran Fiesta (my fav) and then headed around World Showcase for dinner.

At the end of our trip last year Rob noticed Tutto Gusto and was very intrigued. We has been talking NON STOP about going there for the past year, so this was objective number one for this trip. We have never eaten here for some reason and we were super excited to try it out. I apologize in advance for the pics as the lighting in here is not the best for photos.

They do not take reservations here, so we were a little worried we would have trouble getting in, but it was no problem at all. They took us right back to a seat in the corner right by all the wine.

This was Rob's one place he wanted to really do it up at and spend a bunch of money, so we took our time looking over the menu to make our selections.

He was all about a wine flight, so he started with the Grand Tour.

He loved the flight and there was only one he found a bit too sweet for his taste.

I went with the sangria, which was excellent. some big chunks of fruit and the wine they used for this was perfect.

Cheers!

Rob really wanted a bunch of meats and cheese but was scared off a little with the price. Even though he kept saying he wasn't going to worry about the price and throw caution to the wind, he was a bit worried. :laughing: So I suggested he get a bunch of the paninis because they had all the different meats and cheeses and came with salad and were much more reasonably priced. And he actually listened to me! The paninis are $12 for 2 or $16 for 3, so he got all 5 for only $28. These are the choices. Proscuitto di Parma; Fior de Latte Mozzarella & Pomodoro; Carciofi and Fontina; Gorgonzola Cremificato; Fontina and Salametto.

So much bang for your buck doing it this way and Rob said he was so glad he went with this option. He will probably do this same thing again next time. It was so much food! I snagged a bit of the wedge salad too which was good.

They have other options that pair three items together but our server said you can mix and match, so that's exactly what my SIL did.

I cannot remember exactly what the cheeses were on this but she got one of the cheese selections and white asparagus.

She also got the Bruschetta di Capri.

This was so much food that she had to box a bunch of it up. I stole most of her bread though. :laughing:

I went with the Meatballs Parmigiana.

Holy cow. These were heaven. Easily the best meatballs I have ever had. They were gigantic and I loved the bread that came with them. I made Rob eat half of one and he also loved it. I would have a hard time getting anything but these again.

I also got a pasta selection I can't even seem to find on the online menu. I got cheese tortellini in a cream sauce with prosciutto and peas.

Soooooooo rich and amazing. I would have liked just a little more prosciutto, but it was delicious as it was.

There was also an insert in the menu for a dessert shooter trio with a glass of proseco that caught Rob's eye so he ended his meal with a sweet touch.

The shooters were raspberry, salted caramel and tiramisu. I tried some of the salted caramel and it was delicious. Rob is not a big sweets person, but he really loved these. I believe the price on this was $18 which is pretty good for the drink and the shooters.

We got so much food! We tried so much on this menu, which was great because now we have a really good idea of what to get here next time. We cannot wait to come back again next trip! This was a lot of fun with my SIL too. I would say, the more the merrier here. It was a really good time. Service was spot on and the atmosphere was very relaxing. Also, we had the cutest little boy run over and high five Rob in his eagles jersey and then run back to his dad on the other side of the restaurant. It was adorable.

As we were leaving Italy we could see the MK fireworks going off and a sweet CM, who said it was her last night of work here, got a picture of the three of us.

This looks so delicious especially since I love Italian food and I am starving:thumbsup2

The meatballs look like my type of pick with that bread, yum!

On our way out of Epcot I stopped for my late night dessert at Kringla Bakeri.

School Bread is one of my favorite WDW snacks. I love the flavor of the bread that is only very lightly sweetened but has all the sweetness from the custard in the middle and the glorious icing and coconut on top. Yummmmmmmmmmm! I had this back in the room that night while watching the finale of Dirty John.

Good night from Epcot!

The next morning after a great night of sleep we got up and took the bus to DS for our 10:30am reservation at Homecomin' where we are trying their brunch for the first time. :banana:

We were seated right away and our server was just adorable and super knowledgeable. We ended up finding the manager at the end of the meal to give her a compliment because she was so awesome.

Rob and I loooooooooove us some Homecomin' so we were super excited to try out this menu. We had the worst time deciding because everything sounded so good.

The drink menu looked equally amazing.

I loved their Royal Sangria so I decided to give their White Peach Sangria a try. Moscato with muddled orange and mango, fresh peach puree, peach moonshine and a moonshine soaked peach wedge.

Whoah! That peach wedge will knock you on your butt. :rotfl2: This was so tasty and not very boozy tasting until you bite into that peach. Loved it!

So I learned a tip here. With the Church Lady Deviled Eggs they come as $12 for 6 eggs, but you can get as many eggs as you want for $2 per egg. Game changer! I have been dying to try these but Rob doesn't like deviled eggs and I know I'll have a stomach ache if I eat 6 deviled eggs. You can also do this with other appetizers like the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits. They are $15 for 3 or $5 for one. She also told us that even though they took the Ham Ham and Jam biscuits off the menu they can still make those for $5 per biscuit and you can mix and match with the Thigh High Biscuits. Dropping knowledge on us this morning! Rob took advantage of this later in the trip. :thumbsup2

So, I got 2 Church Lady Deviled Eggs for $4.

These are, without a doubt, the best deviled eggs I have ever had in my life! I hate deviled eggs that have crunchy things in the creamy egg part. I don't want onions or celery or relish or anything and I was worried these would, but thankfully they do not. Just creamy dreamy eggs. And that crispy bacon on top is next level. So good!

For my entree I got the Hallelujah Biscuit. Open-faced biscuit topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken, two over-easy eggs, pimento cheese, pecan-smoked bacon and smothered in a sawmill gravy with choice of side. I went with the Potato Gratin Mash.

Hallelujah indeed! This was amazing. All these ingredients are so decadent and when combined... Hallelujah! The potato gratin mash was basically mashed potatoes with melted cheese. So freaking good. Between this and this eggs I thought I was going to burst from being so full. It was one of the best brunch meals I have ever had.

Rob went with the Fried Greens, Eggs & Ham. Open-faced biscuit topped with griddled country ham, fried green tomatoes, over easy eggs, shaved country ham, dressed arugula and remoulade sauce. He went with bacon as his side.

He raved about this! He really enjoyed his entree as well.

My SIL got the Short Rib Hash. Two sunny-side up eggs over our short rib hash with grilled corn succotash, potatoes, onions, red bell and Fresno peppers served with a cheddar cheese drop biscuit and choice of side. She also went with the potato gratin mash.

This looked heavenly. She liked it a lot better than her short rib omelette at RR the day before. She couldn't even come close to finishing it, so Rob had some of it. The three of us were so full we could barely even walk!

Brunch here was a huge success! I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that I can't get that meal every weekend. :laughing: Service was great, food was amazing, drinks were excellent and the price was reasonable. And they take TiW and even let my SIL use it when we were doing separate checks. Homecomin' for the win as always.

If you can't get a reservation here, come when they first open as seating seems to be easy at opening and then the place fills up fast. It's also not a bad place to eat at the bar if there are only a few people in your party and you can't get a seat. I am not one to eat at the bar, but I don't mind it here. If you don't have a reservation for brunch here on your next trip, do it! You won't regret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!