I'm Just Here For Brunch: A 16 Day DR *Update 8/3

Tutto Gusto seems amazing! Glad to see they added back their tapas type menu as they got rid of it for a bit of time.
That brunch yum! Thanks for tip about being able to individually order the biscuits or eggs! My mother would love those eggs as well but 6 would do her in.

while watching the finale of Dirty John.

Ha! We watched this too, and I bet the school Bread made an awesome treat!

I just learned that Homecomin' was serving brunch and since it's one of our fav DS restaurants, I can't wait to try it!!!

Tutto Gusto seems like one of those hidden gems kind of like Olivia's. I don't think that restaurant gets enough love...

Following along, I love your reviews! Thanks so much for sharing that about the apps at Homecomin. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that knowledge on our next trip.

We absolutely love Tuto Gusto! Such a nice place to relax enjoy a few glasses of wine. Will have to try the food next time, everything you ordered looked great.
I have been wanting to try Chef Arts Smith for so long, now I’m more interested in brunch. Everything looked FANTASTIC!!! YUM!

Any idea how late you can enter Tutto Gusto to eat. Can you show uo at like 8:45 with the park closing at 9pm?

Now I'm extra excited for our upcoming trip! We just changed our last-day brunch to Homecomin' and now I'm positive we made the right decision. It looks amazing!

We always want to try Tutto Gusto but either we're not in the area when we're hungry or the place is packed. Will try again this trip!

I've already liked a few posts, but I am officially joining in! I stumbled upon one of your older dining reviews a few months back when I was researching Nine Dragons for my upcoming trip and I got hooked! I read all the reviews you had tagged in your signature. I love your adventures and dining choices and how you capture them on DISboards! Can't wait to see what you post :)

Hopping aboard a little late! I seriously just booked Homecomin brunch for me next trip right before reading your reviews. I think I made a good decision. Looking forward to reading more

Loving your reviews! I've always wanted to eat at Tutto Gusto, but we never seem to be able to fit it in. Hopefully on our upcoming trip! Everything you had looks so delicious! I'm so excited to do Homecomin Brunch! We've got it booked, and will be eating there with my sister and her husband! It's a first time for all of us. I have no idea what I"m getting, but after looking at the menu you posted, and your entrees, I'm thinking my husband will go with what you had, and I'll probably get Rob's choice. My sister is allergic to corn, so I have no idea what they'll be able to do for her, but definitely nothing with grits. Yum, can't wait to try the Garden Mary!

Holy crow.... I feel like a whole new world dining knowledge just hit me! Tutto Gusto now on must try list and Homecoming hints are heaven! Thanks for always keeping these fun, and informative <3

Oh, it's so good to see another DR from you!!! That trip down to FL sounds like it was harrowing! I flew down at the end of January just a few days after you left the World. I don't know how I made it either with 60 below zero wind chills in Chicagoland the day I left, and then my return home trip had to be delayed due to a snow / ice storm which ended up being the best day of my trip. Loved Festival of the Arts!

I'm heading back down near the end of April for F&G and looking forward to trying some of the brunches you just reviewed. I've had the CG brunch 3 times, but like you, would like to conserve monetary resources and try something a little different, as well.

I am SO glad you are here! I've missed a bit, but not too much. I am so sorry about the house - that is seriously awful. I just moved into mine in June and was terrified of something like that. I'm thrilled you were still able to go. Looking forward to more reviews! Those eggs look amazing.

We are probably going back end of September, but some of that depends on Bella getting potty trained correctly (most stubborn child ever).

Love your dining reviews? Do you happen to have any reviews from Disneyland? We are leaving Friday and would love to read yours if you have one.

Following along. Looks like a good start to the trip once you made it there :)

Thanks for joining in! All the fun happens once you're off I-4! :laughing:

I want to try homecoming brunch badly! I loved it for dinner. So glad you enjoyed it!

You must try it! I think I like brunch better than dinner.

Tutto Gusto seems amazing! Glad to see they added back their tapas type menu as they got rid of it for a bit of time.
That brunch yum! Thanks for tip about being able to individually order the biscuits or eggs! My mother would love those eggs as well but 6 would do her in.

I am so mad at myself for never trying Tutto Gusto before this trip. Everything was delicious and we got to try so much. Glad that tip helps! I cannot do 6 eggs either. And I don't think Rob would want to be in the same room with me if I did. :rotfl:

Ha! We watched this too, and I bet the school Bread made an awesome treat!

I just learned that Homecomin' was serving brunch and since it's one of our fav DS restaurants, I can't wait to try it!!!

Tutto Gusto seems like one of those hidden gems kind of like Olivia's. I don't think that restaurant gets enough love...

YESSSSSSS! That show was so weirdly tacky yet amazing. a treat is a must for that show.

Definitely try the brunch. I can't say enough good things about it.

It really is! My hubby didn't even know it existed before last year. Now it will be a must-do for us.

I really need to try the School bread. So many things to remember.

It is a must-do snack for me. Keep a list because it's so easy to forget all the things you want to try.

Following along, I love your reviews! Thanks so much for sharing that about the apps at Homecomin. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that knowledge on our next trip.

Thank you so much! so glad you will give that tip a try. It's a game changer!

We absolutely love Tuto Gusto! Such a nice place to relax enjoy a few glasses of wine. Will have to try the food next time, everything you ordered looked great.
I have been wanting to try Chef Arts Smith for so long, now I’m more interested in brunch. Everything looked FANTASTIC!!! YUM!

Oh yes you definitely have to get some cheese or bruschetta to go with that wine. :thumbsup2 I think the brunch is the best option. The drinks and food were amazing. It's going to be hard to do anything but that on the weekends.

Any idea how late you can enter Tutto Gusto to eat. Can you show uo at like 8:45 with the park closing at 9pm?

I am not sure. We were there pretty late. We left around 8:30 and the place was still pretty full. Not sure how late they will actually seat but you can certainly hang around for awhile it seems.

Now I'm extra excited for our upcoming trip! We just changed our last-day brunch to Homecomin' and now I'm positive we made the right decision. It looks amazing!

We always want to try Tutto Gusto but either we're not in the area when we're hungry or the place is packed. Will try again this trip!

Woo hoo! You totally made the right decision. It's super delicious.

I was worried we wouldn't get a spot at Tutto Gusto, but we got lucky and got tucked away in a back corner. It was pretty packed in there though.

I've already liked a few posts, but I am officially joining in! I stumbled upon one of your older dining reviews a few months back when I was researching Nine Dragons for my upcoming trip and I got hooked! I read all the reviews you had tagged in your signature. I love your adventures and dining choices and how you capture them on DISboards! Can't wait to see what you post :)

Woo hoo! Thanks for joining in! I truly appreciate the compliment and I am so glad you enjoyed my last Drs. I think I have a couple others to add to my signature. I have to get it together. :laughing: More posts coming up!

Hopping aboard a little late! I seriously just booked Homecomin brunch for me next trip right before reading your reviews. I think I made a good decision. Looking forward to reading more

Welcome! You definitely made a good decision with that brunch. It is heaven!

Loving your reviews! I've always wanted to eat at Tutto Gusto, but we never seem to be able to fit it in. Hopefully on our upcoming trip! Everything you had looks so delicious! I'm so excited to do Homecomin Brunch! We've got it booked, and will be eating there with my sister and her husband! It's a first time for all of us. I have no idea what I"m getting, but after looking at the menu you posted, and your entrees, I'm thinking my husband will go with what you had, and I'll probably get Rob's choice. My sister is allergic to corn, so I have no idea what they'll be able to do for her, but definitely nothing with grits. Yum, can't wait to try the Garden Mary!

Thanks Teresa! Tutto Gusto is worth finding a spot to fit it in. We are big fans now. Excited that you will be trying Homecomin' for the first time. Rob raved about that dish so I don't think you can go wrong with it. I'm not a Bloody Mary fan, but their drinks are fabulous so I'm sure it's top notch.

Holy crow.... I feel like a whole new world dining knowledge just hit me! Tutto Gusto now on must try list and Homecoming hints are heaven! Thanks for always keeping these fun, and informative <3

Hey hey! So glad the Homecoming' tip helped. Definitely try and fit Tutto Gusto in next trip! :goodvibes

Oh, it's so good to see another DR from you!!! That trip down to FL sounds like it was harrowing! I flew down at the end of January just a few days after you left the World. I don't know how I made it either with 60 below zero wind chills in Chicagoland the day I left, and then my return home trip had to be delayed due to a snow / ice storm which ended up being the best day of my trip. Loved Festival of the Arts!

I'm heading back down near the end of April for F&G and looking forward to trying some of the brunches you just reviewed. I've had the CG brunch 3 times, but like you, would like to conserve monetary resources and try something a little different, as well.

Thanks for joining in with me again! Oh my gosh it was sooooo crazy cold in Chicago around that time. Yikes! I love Festival of the Arts as well. It's so hard to pick a favorite festival now!

I am SO glad you are here! I've missed a bit, but not too much. I am so sorry about the house - that is seriously awful. I just moved into mine in June and was terrified of something like that. I'm thrilled you were still able to go. Looking forward to more reviews! Those eggs look amazing.

We are probably going back end of September, but some of that depends on Bella getting potty trained correctly (most stubborn child ever).

Yay! Thanks for joining in with me again! Oh goodness, it was a crazy time. I'm so thankful to be settled in now. Congrats on your new house!

Love your dining reviews? Do you happen to have any reviews from Disneyland? We are leaving Friday and would love to read yours if you have one.

Thank you! I am seeing this a touch late, but if you need some late night reading while you're in Disneyland here is a link to a short review I did within my last DR. It is on pages 7 & 8. Have so much fun! Disneyland is seriously so magical. :goodvibes

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ys-of-disney-delights-complete.3663974/page-7

After brunch we took the boat back to OKW and stopped in the gift shop and ended up picking up a few things. All the purple stuff had just been released and purple mania was in full effect.

Then we waited for a bus at the Hospitality House to take us to Epcot. It's such a beautiful resort. Even the bus stop has a nice view!

We made it to Epcot and all of us had full Eagles attire on because it is game day!

Couldn't you just sit and look at Spaceship Earth all day?

After a ride on SE we stopped at the DVC lounge which is inside the Imagination building.

Lindsay needed to charge her phone and we all grabbed sodas from the Coke Freestyle machines they have. They came around with snacks too and I grabbed a bag of Cheez Its. The decor in here is amazing. I want this Spaceship Earth patterned ottoman.

This DVC lounge is a nice little perk. I just enjoy being in this building. It's seriously cool.

I would imagine it is amazing to be able to cool off in here during the hotter months.

While we're here we may as well ride Figment. And then we had Frozen FPs. There was still some Christmas decor up in the park which was a nice surprise.

We left the park and walked over to ESPN Club because we were not missing the Eagles unexpected playoff game.

I love that it's a quick walk over to the Boardwalk Resort from World Showcase. It's a good thing we got there an hour early because the line was already crazy. If you plan to go to ESPN Club for football be sure to get there plenty early to secure a spot in time for the game.

We were finally almost at the front of the line as the Patriots game was winding down.

They have a new banner up for last year's big Super Bowl win!

We were seated about 5 minutes before the game started and they had the main room open which is where they seated us. Perfect!

I got my go-to item here. The Club Nachos. House-fried corn tortilla chips, house-made chili, shredded cheddar, cheese sauce, sour cream, pico de gallo, and jalapenos, but I leave the jalapeños off.

These are pretty big and always tasty. They are perfect when we come here for a game because I can pick at them for awhile. Not the best nachos ever, but they are enjoyable.

Rob got the hot wings.

He ended up asking for more sauce on the side because they came out with barely any on them. He was;t super thrilled with these.

I just had soda and Rob and Lindsay each got a pitcher of beer and Lindsay got a turkey sandwich that looked pretty generic. We spend a fortune when we come here for a game, but thankfully they take TiW here to take the sting off just a bit.

If we didn't come here for games I would never chose to eat here. It's good bar food, but nothing spectacular.

Sadly the Eagles lost on this day. It was an extra bummer because I moved all of our plans around when the Eagles unexpectedly made the playoffs. I was wishing we were at AK like we were originally supposed to rather than walking out with our heads hung low and making the sad walk back through Epcot to the OKW bus. :laughing:

I feel your pain for the Eagles loss. It hurt just as much when my CHIEFS lost to the stupid Patriots...I'm still bitter!!!>:(

The next morning we had pre-park opening breakfast reservations at The Plaza. As usual getting into MK proved to take longer than you can possibly anticipate and we were running about 15 minutes behind our reservation time, but we weren't too worries about it. And the Christmas decorations are still up, so stopping for photos is a must!

Ahhhhhhh!!! It's too pretty!!!

We went straight back to The Plaza after a few picks. If you have never been there before it is at the end of Main Street on the right side. And you get this fabulous view from outside the restaurant.

We were seated right away with our menus.

I saw some reviews for the new breakfast menu on Instagram and I was super exited to try their breakfast for the first time. The choices looked fantastic and the prices were reasonable. I knew exactly what I wanted. I started with the famous POG juice that can be found under various names throughout WDW breakfast locations. This juice was excellent as always.

For my entree I got the Lobster-Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict. Two-poached Eggs with Lobster on top of a Crispy-fried Green Tomato with Hollandaise Sauce and served with Breakfast Potatoes.

Oh my gosh, this was freaking amazing! The fried green tomatoes had a nice crisp to them and there was so much lobster on this. I was shocked! $18 is a good price for this by any standard, but especially by Disney price standards. I would get this every time. The potatoes were very bland and forgettable, but that's okay when the main thing in the dish is this good.

Rob started with the Raspberry Vanilla Peach Smoothie which he enjoyed and for his entree he got the Country Ham and Eggs Benedict. Two-poached Eggs with Smoked Alpine Ham and Fresh Herbs piled on a Buttermilk Biscuit topped with a Creamy Hollandaise Sauce served with Breakfast Potatoes.

He enjoyed his benedict and said the biscuit was very good. He agreed that the potatoes were a bit bland.

Lindsay got coffee and Steak and Eggs. 10-oz Strip Steak with Two Scrambled Eggs served with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit. She asked for her eggs poached instead of scrambled and they were very accommodating.

She really enjoyed her entree as well and for $18 this was also reasonably priced.

The Plaza breakfast was a huge hit! I actually preferred the breakfast to my last lunch experience. And the word didn't seem to be out on this because it wasn't super packed in here.

Service was efficient and friendly. Sadly our poor server was being tortured by the woman at the table next to us who sent her food back four times and was just generally being horrible. I left a little extra on the tip just because I felt so bad for her. Service jobs are hard my friends. Be kind to the people serving your food. :thumbsup2 Not very Disney like of this woman.

Now we are taking our full bellies on some rides!

Last edited:
After breakfast we rode Jungle Cruise where we had a super funny skipper. The skippers make the ride, lets be honest. Then we rode POTC with no line and shared a boat with only one other family.

We also got to walk on to Splash Mountain where we only got a little wet.

Then we rode Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Little Mermaid, Buzz, Pooh, People Mover and Space Mountain.

Now it's snack time!

Rob stopped at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland to try the new key lime ice cream I told him about. He went with the Peter Pan Float. Key lime ice cream, Sprite, and chocolate feather.

I tried it and man oh man is it tart! The Sprite help to cut the tartness, but it was a bit much for me. It was right up his alley though. He really enjoyed it, but he said he still prefers a Dole Whip float.

I got one of my favorite MK snacks. I went to Cheshire Cafe by the Teacups for a Cheshire Cat Tail.

Oh man these are good! It is a chocolate pastry with pink and purple icing drizzled on the top. This has become another one of my must-dos.

By 1:30 we were saying good bye to the castle for the day.

We walked over to The Contemporary resort and caught a bus to Disney Springs which took FOREVER!

Once we made it to DS we had only a short time before a movie started and Rob wanted a little something to eat so I suggested the window at Bongos which serves sandwiches and some appetizers.

I got a chicken and a pork empanada.

Inside the chicken empanada.

Inside the pork empanada.

These were so good! I could eat a ton of these. I liked the pork just a touch better than the chicken.

Rob got a pork empanada and a Papa Rellenas. Hand-breaded mashed potato stuffed with authentic Cuban Criolla ground beef. He also drenched everything in hot sauce.

He loved the potato ball and was wishing he had gotten just a couple of those.

These make such a good snack! I don't know why we don't utilize this more often. The window is off to the left of the main doors at Bongos. When we were there we only had one other person in front of us and the food came out fast and fresh. I would highly recommend this option if you want to try Bongos but aren't totally sure about doing a full meal there. And these are a great snack to take into AMC right across the way. :thumbsup2

We saw Aquaman which was our first movie of the trip and was very enjoyable. Great start to the movies this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!