I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I have to warn you all, this is my half-sad and half-rant about what's going on right now, but I'll try to be tamed as best I can. Anyway, I'm sad and mad at the CoronaVirus. I think this year is starting to suck and what a way to start a new decade. I was so upset that Disneyland is closed for two weeks or more and I've never get the chance to see their new parade, yet. I'm also mad that I didn't get the chance to see Onward since the movie theaters is shut down as well. And I'm not so sure if I'll do a musical this year. Also, I work as a courtesy clerk at Vons and man......it was chaotic. I mean, the toilet paper thing. My mom got back from grocery shopping today and boy, she is in a bad mood, which I don't blame her. I should've warned her. I'm so mad that people get carried away being worried about this virus, like I mentioned before, the toilet paper thing. It's like people think the apocalypse is coming, which is ridiculous. Even my brother thinks it's getting ridiculous. I tried not to worry about it and make sure I stay healthy as I can, but I'm starting to get very obsessed and worried about this crazy CoronaVirus outbreak, and I think ruining my life. I'm hoping that this will be back to normal next month, but what do I know? I guess I talked to my psychiatrist way too soon and he did warn me about that, but assure me it'll be alright. When I heard a bout this, I thought it was just no big of deal until the whole world is going crazy about it. I tried to hold on, but right now, I am depressed and angry, thanks to that stupid CoronaVirus. I hope it gets back to normal in next month or two or never. :sad:

Hi there, I think you are expressing really honestly how you feel, and it’s normal with the way these trying times are. To be honest with you, I have those emotions back and forth all day long!
We Have to get through this for the better good, we will get through it.

Disney will be there for you. How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

Sending you gentle hugs ☀, and some sun.

Last edited:
Good evening, TsWade. Nice to meet you.

As mommasita said above, we will get through this. We always have. It may take a month, or maybe a few months. But we will get back to 'normal', whatever normal is. :)

You know what? I am more than twice your age, 75 here, and I've felt just like you are feeling at times lately. Toilet paper? Come on people, give me a break. No need to hoard TP. Missing out on trips and all that goes with them, like parades? Yeah, I would miss that if I had planned a trip. At least you will be doing that trip in the future. Postponed, not canceled.

You are staying healthy as you can. Me too. That's the best we can all do. And wash your hands, stay away from people if you go outside. Try not to be depressed or angry. Easy to say, I know. I get that way too, we all do, Ts.

You will do fine. Hang in there, Enjoy that Disney trip when you go on it. You'll deserve it.

Hang in there, Ts, you will do just fine. I know it. :hug:'s

I’m 50, and also OCD. I hear you, and understand.
It certainly isn’t Easy, and I’m certainly looking forward to the day we can all look back on this. Do you work a lot?
This is the place to discuss your feelings, no need to tame yourself, certainly (in my opinion ) as we have less social interaction now. So please, don’t hesitate to post anytime. 🌈
My son turned 24 today, and I’m so thankful I had the bare necessities to bake him a cake, and I had ordered him his UNDER ARMOUR gifts, somehow it just felt weird.
We are hopefully getting milder springlike weather, and I can sit on the deck, and get sun. Isolating inside is hard to do.

Dan great post ❤️

I’m 47, no ocd and no autism, but I’m mad and sad too. I joke with my daughter that I want to get a tee shirt with a not so nice message about Covid 19 on the front. Nor dis friendly.

What you are feeling is so super normal. Everyone is having lot of the same feelings. We have had our lives, routines, thoughts and feelings disrupted and it hurts. We are people with expectations and routines and fears. We are strong and you are strong. Make sure to every day open the curtains or blinds and let the outside in. Don't be afraid. The world is still turning and people are still living and we here to give kindness. You are doing a great job. We will get through this even if it just minute by minute. Every day is one day closer back to what we want.

I think alot of people have similar feelings. I have anxiety and find that I have to filter what I see and hear about coronavirus. We don't like to have our lives changed so abruptly. It can be a bit unsettling. Staying as healthy as you can is great. Just remember, this too shall pass. And when it does we can all go about our business, travel, visit Disney, and hopefully find toilet paper on the shelves again.

Hi everyone,
I know that many threads on this particular section of Just for Fun are much more serious than this and people everywhere are going through really hard time, but I was wondering how everyone is coping through this COVID-19 madness? I'm in college and was forced to move back home and finish my spring semester via online learning, my job is closed for the foreseeable future, and all of these changes coming so quickly have been really hard for me, as I'm sure for you all as well. While I know these changes are for the greater good, they're still sad as there were many things I was looking forward to that were cancelled.

So, I figured I would create a thread where we can cope together. Feel free to share your struggles, your sadness, your anxiety, but also try to post some positive outcomes, may it be a positive update regarding COVID-19 or a more simple celebration. We WILL get through this, but let's make it easier on ourselves, no?

This is a good idea. I am stressed. And I really shouldn’t be because I am in a good spot financially. Currently my wife is working from home, I am working my day job (for now, but if MN closes non-essentials I won’t be). My night gig delivering pizzas has been busy but for how long, who knows. I worry that I will go stir crazy if we go to full lock down. My daughter will have online school so that will be good. I’m actually considering buying a PS4 in case things get ugly and I need a diversion. I may activate HBO just for season 3 of WESTWORLD as I loved the first 2 seasons. I activated AppleTV+ (I got a new IPad at Christmas and figured out it’s free for a year) to see what kind of original content they have. I did get some wine at the liquor store......

Hi, I think this is a good idea. Ty for starting the thread. I am s about the job, and your having to go back home to finish your college year. You are so right, we will get through it!

I myself have good days, and bad days, actually it varies throughout the day. I try to do anything I can to bring myself out of it. April, my daughter would have turned 21, and my husband and myself normally go away, run away really, and we’ll this isn’t happening, so I worry so much about our mental health to be honest. We are in year three. My son is still working in essential service, so that also worries me.

Financially, we are ok, I’m glad for that, and so each day I tell myself we are one step closer to freedom, a cure, getting out of this. Etc. I need sun and spring to sit outside to feel better, I feel like I’m in a zombie movie on my walks.

Last edited:
This is a good idea. I am stressed. And I really shouldn’t be because I am in a good spot financially. Currently my wife is working from home, I am working my day job (for now, but if MN closes non-essentials I won’t be). My night gig delivering pizzas has been busy but for how long, who knows. I worry that I will go stir crazy if we go to full lock down. My daughter will have online school so that will be good. I’m actually considering buying a PS4 in case things get ugly and I need a diversion. I may activate HBO just for season 3 of WESTWORLD as I loved the first 2 seasons. I activated AppleTV+ (I got a new IPad at Christmas and figured out it’s free for a year) to see what kind of original content they have. I did get some wine at the liquor store......
Hi, stress is hard isn’t it? I’m glad you are financially secure, this is a big weight off when we hear stories. Ugh, it is long home 24/7, I would get that PS4 lol, I wish I was a gamer, maybe I should play my son’s 😀.
I am not a big drinker, but bought 3 bottles of wine, maybe I’ll have a glass tonight.

Hope your family is well.

Hi, stress is hard isn’t it? I’m glad you are financially secure, this is a big weight off when we hear stories. Ugh, it is long home 24/7, I would get that PS4 lol, I wish I was a gamer, maybe I should play my son’s 😀.
I am not a big drinker, but bought 3 bottles of wine, maybe I’ll have a glass tonight.

Hope your family is well.
Yeah, stress is hard. I think the mental part of this will be brutal. Stay safe.

Today I had a (virtual) meeting with my college advisor who gave me some things to look forward to - my Fall semester classes & the likelihood of me being able to study abroad Spring 2021 (I am an Elementary Ed/Spanish double major and Spanish majors are, as of now, required to study abroad in a Spanish speaking country for a semester). While this year may have ended on a sour/sad note, I have 2 more amazing years of college ahead of me! ☺

That is amazing !

What a great opportunity that will be, aNd definitely good things to look forward to. I am glad for you. 🌈

It snowed here today, 😕, it actually still is, but they are calling for sun and warmer weather all week, so I plan to sit outside on the deck, this is like medicine to me.

That is amazing !

What a great opportunity that will be, aNd definitely good things to look forward to. I am glad for you. 🌈

It snowed here today, 😕, it actually still is, but they are calling for sun and warmer weather all week, so I plan to sit outside on the deck, this is like medicine to me.
It's snowing where I am, too! I wish it was warm enough to be tanning weather, I'd be outside all day! ☀

I am repositioning my portfolio trying to prevent imminent financial ruin. Locking in 30 % (from recent high) losses ain’t fun. But neither is reliving 08-09.

Hi, I think this is a good idea. Ty for starting the thread. I am s about the job, and your having to go back home to finish your college year. You are so right, we will get through it!

I myself have good days, and bad days, actually it varies throughout the day. I try to do anything I can to bring myself out of it. April, my daughter would have turned 21, and my husband and myself normally go away, run away really, and we’ll this isn’t happening, so I worry so much about our mental health to be honest. We are in year three. My son is still working in essential service, so that also worries me.

Financially, we are ok, I’m glad for that, and so each day I tell myself we are one step closer to freedom, a cure, getting out of this. Etc. I need sun and spring to sit outside to feel better, I feel like I’m in a zombie movie on my walks.
Acknowledging you here and know we are thinking about you and your family.

I am repositioning my portfolio trying to prevent imminent financial ruin. Locking in 30 % (from recent high) losses ain’t fun. But neither is reliving 08-09.

No, it really is not, I understand that very well. I hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!