Delete Thread

(And I'm thinking of staying there on another upcoming trip next year that I will tell you about when it gets closer :rolleyes1)

giphy-1-gif.275618

Omg the suspense!! :o

He said "I'd rather put that money towards renewing our AP's, I love having them!" :thumbsup2

Yay! You have him so well converted into a big ol' Disney fan! :) I love the convenience and perks of the APs, too.

The Brown Derby (because I really want to eat there again)!

Yay! Good choice!

They are pretty comfortable, but I'm not sure how I like them yet since I still need to break them in. I didn't walk too far in them, but no blisters yet :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed, seems like a good sign...

XooAzq3l.png

He looks like the cutest little British gentleman and I think I need to get this :lovestruc

Oh my goodness! Bless his little honey-saturated heart!!

Oh, also re: CSR... we stayed there a few nights in August, so I'm sure things are different there now than they were in August, but we didn't have many issues with the construction. We were in Casitas and there was definitely some construction going on in that area and some of the paths were blocked off, etc. Our wedding party was in refurbished rooms in Cabanas and they didn't have any issues with construction at all really. Even for us, it wasn't noisy, just kind of detracted from the theming a bit and cut off a few shortcuts. We had a good experience there.

He said "I'd rather put that money towards renewing our AP's, I love having them!" :thumbsup2

Because Josh is AWESOME!

I also got my Allbirds this weekend:

O5xgilWl.jpg

Those are so cute!!

XooAzq3l.png

He looks like the cutest little British gentleman and I think I need to get this :lovestruc

This week coming up is Fastpasses!

Oh my GOSH this is adorable!! Currently I am obsessed with the ufufy plush...I'm not sure if they're in the parks, but I have been told by the boys that they're basically required for Christmas after I showed them the ones online at the disney store!

So I asked him if it meant saving a couple hundred dollars if he wouldn't mind staying there, and we watched some videos of where the construction was. He said "I'd rather put that money towards renewing our AP's, I love having them!" :thumbsup2
Smart guy! I'm almost worried for when ours come up to renew, because it'll be hard not to but I don't think it'll make sense between our April trip to SoCal and then Zack doesn't get a lot of vacation anyways. But I'm the more rational of us, so he'll be even worse :rotfl:

He's too adorable, I love it!

We are heading down in December also...having the same issues with you booking rooms but I haven't looked recently (ok so like in a week) and I may have to check out those 3rd party sites. I wanted to stay at CSR years ago, and DH really didn't want to try it. We are also booked at POR, but we haven't stayed there in several years, like BEFORE kids years (and my oldest is 17.5) so we are kinda looking forward to staying there. However if it means saving money (we are getting AP rates for our current POR stay) then I'd consider switching. It's tough to find rooms that hold 5 people though.

Love your plans so far and I agree with the above post...the Brown Derby Cobb Salad is the BEST salad...haven't had it in years myself!

It’s been crazy! I’ve been checking the Disney site every so often too maybe they’ll be more when it hits 45 days. I haven’t checked since we booked this, but we really missed the boat to gy any discounted rooms because we moved it after they had been out for awhile.

Not sure what else is out there, but last time I checked Orbitz that CSR offer isn’t even on there anymore.

It’s such a delicious salad!

Agreed...crazy! I thought for sure we could even book Shades of Green, but even THAT is not available except for 2 days of the 4 we need. I actually managed to book a room at CBR a few weeks ago...and was looking forward to our first stay there...and then I ACCIDENTALLY cancelled it. I didn't realize I had cancelled it for about a week, when I found another room reservation I had for October was still lingering on my account that I was sure I had cancelled. Guess what? Yep cancelled the wrong one the first time. I called to see what Disney could do for me...not much...but in the process I started looking at each night I wanted to book on a night by night basis, and could get one night at a discount, the next night without one, the following night with one. Yep fun. The CM I talked to managed to get all 3 nights booked under one reservation for me, but that took me being on the phone for probably nearly an hour! Then I realized I need a 4th night (I had originally booked that one night at SOG, but it would be easier to book all of them together) so now I actually have TWO reservations at POR...one night and 3 nights...and two deposits of course because I didn't want to wait for another HOUR again (yes that was the wait) on the phone for them to link those.

The things we do for Disney! :)

Hi Raeven! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I've enjoyed your past TR's and this one is no different! We stayed at CSR over the 4th, and found the construction didn't bother us in the least. We had a refurbished room and I loved all the attention to detail. The only bummer was not having food options or drink refill stations at the quiet pools. The main pool was crazy crowded and the bees were swarming the drink area.

Your shoes are super cute! I should look into getting a pair...

Can't wait to read more...feel free to hop over to my PTR and read about my crazy, Disney adventures...:D

Those cupcakes your cousin made look delicious and the whole table setup looks so cute! Is that BACON on top of the cupcake in your picture with the Oreos on the plate???? Mmm.....
My friend wants us to go to a Halloween party with her and her husband but I despise dressing up :snooty: Always have, even as a kid! Post pics of you guys in whatever you decide to wear!

Wow! The "dessert wagon" not only looked amazingly delicious but was SO adorable!!! Yikes, sounds like the wedding was not without drama though. How awkward about your friend's girlfriend. Great pictures of you and Josh and you and your cousin though :goodvibes

I think we've decided not to dress up or not to dress up too much :rotfl: The last 2 times she threw a Halloween party we were basically the only ones to dress up.

So a couple weeks ago my BIL and girlfriend came in from New Mexico to go to a friends wedding in Albany. On the invitation it clearly said to dress up in country attire, like cowboy boots, hats, etc. So they did! They were so proud of themselves going with the theme and they really looked cute.
They ended up being the only ones at the wedding NOT in gowns and suits :rotfl2:OMG, this was his girlfriend's first ever time in NY and she was so embarrassed! We of course all thought it was funny.

I'm all caught up in here finally :)

Great list of ADR's! And I love that you are saving money on your hotel because renewing your AP's is more important :)

Those desserts look amazing! Your cousin did a great job!

We're having a Polaroid camera at our wedding but it's for our guest book. The last wedding I was at did it as well - I think it's a super cute idea :) You snap pictures, post them into a book provided and then write the bride and groom a message - it's like an instant scrapbook!

Your trip is getting close! I'm still sad we're just missing you guys by a few weeks though :(

Ohhhh girl! I just logged back on the disboards after my school hiatus, and saw your PTR! You guys are going to miss being there at the same time as me by 3 DAYSSSS!
We are going to Disney 12/19-26, and Universal 12/26-29. I cannot believe that! lol.

But, I am so happy y'all are going at Christmas time!! The PTR looks great so far, and your cousin's desserts looked amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!