I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

So it seems that every chapter here I am prefacing with why I’ve been AWOL, but this time it’s been worse than before! You see I had that lovely little 4 day weekend at the Grand, that I may write about someday. However upon returning, I had to begin preparing the nightmare we call home, into something where my parents could stay comfortably for a week. We concentrated on three key areas, the bedroom in which they would be staying, the table where we would be dining, and the portion of the living room where they like to sit. It took all week, but we got those areas clean.

We had purchased tickets to a show out in Palm Springs (months before) for the night before my parents arrived, and had also reserved a hotel room (since it’s kind of a long way there and back). We had a late lunch, went to the show at 5PM, and were in bed asleep by 8PM that night from the sheer exhaustion of the week before. It worked out to our advantage because we actually got a good night of sleep, and were on the way home by 8AM the next morning.

We had a nice week with my parents, cooked up at storm, and had some good food, and fun time. Once they left, it was only three days until my next DIS friend would be arriving (well two, but we weren’t meeting up until Thursday.) We had two days out at Disney filled with fun!

However, that week was incredibly hectic. We had two band rehearsals that week, it was also Tiki mug release week, thank goodness there were not four hour long lines! And then after the days at Disney we had a Christmas concert to play.

All the while, our eBay store was going crazy! For the second year in a row, we are selling off our Christmas ornaments, and Christmas music from our old music store. Some days I’ve been shipping a dozen orders!

The following week another DIS friend came to town, but we had to catch up on eBay before we could head out to Disney, and we barely got caught up! We had a blast at the various bars and lounges there, and our time was over too quickly again.

And then the last week was somewhat lost to fighting off a cold, and still more eBays. Fran was hit hard with the cold and while she slept most of the week, I was working on keeping well, and shipping out all our music and trinkets. Friday I finally caught up, and she decided to help me out by driving me to the Post Office and FedEx. Mostly because she had been cooped up in the house all week.

As I came out of the FedEx office dropping off the final packages, Fran says to me, “You’re not caught up anymore. Someone just bought four pieces of music.”

While our bank account is enjoying the additional funds, it’s tiring to be packing up stuff at this pace. As I write this I have at least a dozen items which need to go out. Whether they go tomorrow or the next day remains to be seen, they’re not getting them by Christmas at this point.

This holiday season has not seemed like holidays to me. I haven’t put up any decorations, I haven’t baked any of my traditional holiday goodies, the most I’ve done is worn my Disney holiday T-shirts!

Well, let’s hope that life mellows out soon, and that the vacant apartments get rented! No one wants to move over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, so hopefully we see some movement there in the New Year!

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate! Merry Christmas to all who deem it appropriate! And if Kwanzaa or Festivus are your things, then enjoy those!

On with the Trip Report!

Day 3

No problems sleeping so far this trip! I woke up at 7:30, which was a little later than I had actually wanted. We needed to be on our way by 9AM, so I had to hop in the shower and go, go, go! We targeted being out the door by 9AM, and we were on the way at 9:14, not too bad! Just as we were approaching the bus stop a MK bus was pulling up.

We put the tillers to the rubber and luckily the attendant was able to let the driver know before the bus filled up and we were able to be loaded on. It wasn't even full, so no one glared at us for taking up seats on the bus.

At MK we breezed through security and were on the Resort monorail in no time. Soon we were at our destination checking in for breakfast, and it was only a matter of time until Strawberry soup!

When we were seated, the Mad Hatter was at the table nextdoor and as he was going to approach Pooh came to the table, so we took a few shots.

I got Fran a bowl of strawberry soup and went back for my first plate.

A breakfast burrito, some bacon, and a Mickey waffle. While I was gone, the Mad Hatter came by and Fran asked him to come back since she knew I wanted pictures with him.

Fran went up to get some breakfast and the characters started coming in rapid succession. First Mary Poppins. I tried to take a selfie with her, but I suck at selfies.

One of the CMs saw me struggling and came to the rescue and got my picture with Miss Poppins.

No sooner had I sat down to enjoy my breakfast when Alice showed up. This time the CM was ready for me and came rushing over to take my picture with Alice.

Then the Mad Hatter showed up and started giving me a hard time about where Fran was. Right then she walked up with her full plate. I snatched it away from her and put it on the table. This was the third time that the Mad Hatter had come back and by now they were old chums.

We got some shots with her and Alice, and the Mad Hatter suggested that they become girlfriends. At which point I thrust my wedding ring into his face and said something like "Take note of this!"

To which he exclaimed, "You're married! Well congratulations!" And gave me a big hug. Then he muttered something to the effect of, "well I didn't really mean girlfriends like that anyways." And then we took a few pictures.

In all the commotion I didn't get a picture of her plate of food. Here, use this one from a previous trip.

Or this

You get the idea, she likes to pile it on. After that I went to get my fruit course. A little strawberry soup and watermelon. Sadly I was getting pretty full, I let her have about half the soup and I just left one piece of melon on the plate.

I had to finish off my breakfast with the bread pudding, and I heard them call for a new tray of it just as I walked up to the counter. Fran asked me to get her a biscuit with some gravy.

So I brought that back to the table and by the time I got back to the buffet they were just putting out a new tray of the stuff. I love this bread pudding with the vanilla sauce!

We stopped for a picture with Tigger and then were on our merry way.

Now originally we had planned to spend this afternoon at Epcot, but less than a week before this day I received a message from someone whom introductions had been made through a mutual friend. Fran and I were invited to join in on a VIP tour that was already planned. We were going to be starting with Galaxy's edge and then going to AK and MK. Well I'm certainly not going to turn down such a generous invitation! I scrapped the plans for Epcot and immediately got on board with the new plans! We headed to the bus stop after breakfast just to see a completely full bus to Hollywood Studios. There was a family with a disabled child in a stroller on oxygen that was unable to board since the bus was so full. So we waited.

The next bus arrived, and since they couldn't take three of us, we asked if they could send another one along. We waited and 10 more minutes went by. We were starting to think we needed to text our host that we were probably going to be late when all of a sudden an empty bus for the studios pulled up. When we arrived at the Studios, you could see the now out-of-commision Skyliner.

We were going through security 10 minutes before the tour was supposed to start. Just as we were going up Hollywood Blvd our new friends met us in the street and we all exchanged pleasantries.

Soon we were off to our first stop which was Batuu. I parked my scooter outside the ride and Fran rode hers inside the ride. When we rode the Falcon, there were six of us in the group so we got our own team. For my very first time, we got two canisters of coaxium! This was my first time to get two, I only found out that you can get a second one a few weeks ago when we rode it with Su-Lynn.

Our guide told us some neat facts about the stuff on the wall here. I thought it was cool that although it was the same area as the one in Batuu West it was different. East:

West:

Next we went on to ride Slinky Dog Dash. I even convinced Fran to ride it. While in line, she wanted me to take a picture of the Slinky Cat.

It may have been a little too intense for her as the banked turns really bothered her, even if it didn't go upside down or anything. She doesn’t look as happy as I do, more queasy.

Next we went on TSMM. She was amused that the outlets in Andy’s room are not grounded.

While I tried my best, I just can't seem to rise from beaverdom.

As we approached the ride exit we saw a crowd gathered not wanting to go outside.

It was raining.

Hard.

And I think I’m going to leave it off right there.

Be back again soon….Hopefully.

Last edited:
You also have weird days. Mine pretty much have the same hours to each day.
::yes::
You're into corpse-like women? I learn something new every day! :laughing:
Ew! When you put it that way... :crazy2:
I don't have an hourglass figure under my clothes, more like a stopwatch. :laughing:
:lmao:
Winnipeg in Summer? :confused3
Holy smokes! You consider 85F cold???
It's getting down in the 30s at night here! :laughing:
We got up to 30s yesterday! I don't remember that ever happening in December!

We concentrated on three key areas, the bedroom in which they would be staying, the table where we would be dining, and the portion of the living room where they like to sit. It took all week, but we got those areas clean.
but I bet it felt good to have it all done.
We had a nice week with my parents, cooked up at storm, and had some good food, and fun time.
Good! :)
Some days I’ve been shipping a dozen orders!
Wow! I had no idea you guys were that busy.
Fran was hit hard with the cold
Sorry to hear that. How is she feeling now? How are you?
As I came out of the FedEx office dropping off the final packages, Fran says to me, “You’re not caught up anymore. Someone just bought four pieces of music.”
:sad2:
No rest for the wicked.
This holiday season has not seemed like holidays to me. I haven’t put up any decorations, I haven’t baked any of my traditional holiday goodies, the most I’ve done is worn my Disney holiday T-shirts!
I get that. Doesn't feel like holidays for me either.
Personal reasons.
I woke up at 7:30, which was a little later than I had actually wanted.
That is late for you.
We targeted being out the door by 9AM, and we were on the way at 9:14, not too bad!
Not bad!
Just as we were approaching the bus stop a MK bus was pulling up.
But of course. That's how it works, no?
It wasn't even full, so no one glared at us for taking up seats on the bus.
Okay... so do people really glare at you for taking up seats??
This just... I haven't seen it (then again, I haven't been actively looking for it, but...)
it was only a matter of time until Strawberry soup!
I feel that should be your motto in all things in all times.

Stuck in line at the store "It's only a matter of time until Strawberry soup!"
In traffic... post office... DMV...
First Mary Poppins. I tried to take a selfie with her, but I suck at selfies.
You're better at them than I am.
One of the CMs saw me struggling and came to the rescue and got my picture with Miss Poppins.
Nice of him/her.
Awww. :)
:laughing:
We got some shots with her and Alice, and the Mad Hatter suggested that they become girlfriends. At which point I thrust my wedding ring into his face and said something like "Take note of this!"
To which he exclaimed, "You're married! Well congratulations!" And gave me a big hug.
Nice save, there.
:rotfl:
Fran asked me to get her a biscuit with some gravy.
I just haven't gotten into that. I've tried making it and... just... not my thing.
I love this bread pudding with the vanilla sauce!
Now that looks good.
Fran and I were invited to join in on a VIP tour that was already planned.
Nice!!
We were starting to think we needed to text our host that we were probably going to be late when all of a sudden an empty bus for the studios pulled up.
Phew!
When we rode the Falcon, there were six of us in the group so we got our own team.
Perfect. :)
For my very first time, we got two canisters of coaxium!
I didn't know you got... anything. Only ridden once and only as an engineer... technically, I feel that I have yet to ride it.
Our guide told us some neat facts about the stuff on the wall here. I thought it was cool that although it was the same area as the one in Batuu West it was different.
I wouldn't have noticed the differences without the photos side by side.
It may have been a little too intense for her as the banked turns really bothered her, even if it didn't go upside down or anything. She doesn’t look as happy as I do, more queasy.
:( Sorry to hear that.
Next we went on TSMM. She was amused that the outlets in Andy’s room are not grounded.
:laughing: Only Fran would notice that. Observant!
While I tried my best, I just can't seem to rise from beaverdom.
Not. Going. To. Say. Anything...
It was raining.

Hard.
Oh, no...

Yay for updates and I'm at work so they are so much easier to do on my PC...

That might be good. She is a bigger peanut butter fan than I.
I quite like it, when I was a kid, it was pretty much the only sandwich that existing in our world

They are the best! As I said above, I wish they had something like this here!

They should open a Karamell Kuche in DL

It depends on how they are made. Evidently the Classic Mai Tai is not meant to be sweet, and when made this way it's pretty sour. I liked this one thought, just sweet enough.

Sounds pretty spot on 👍
We'll have to do it again sometime, minus the drama!

Indeed, - the drama...

asleep by 8PM that night from the sheer exhaustion of the week before. It worked out to our advantage because we actually got a good night of sleep

Nothing like sheer exhaustion to force sleep...

We had two days out at Disney filled with fun!
:teeth:
This holiday season has not seemed like holidays to me.

We got a tree, but that's about it..didn't get much else up for decorations, I've done no baking but my MIL does lots so we are lucky there

vacant apartments get rented!

fingers crossed some decent people show up soon.

Yumm I like the look of that breakfast burrito

Awww! you two!

This picture totally cracks me up! :lmao:

yuummmm! my little one talked me into a watermelon from Costco the other day and it's totally crap :(

Biscuits and sauisage is an American thing I like having when I'm in the states 👍

Fran and I were invited to join in on a VIP tour that was already planned. We were going to be starting with Galaxy's edge and then going to AK and MK. Well I'm certainly not going to turn down such a generous invitation!

Very cool, and def not an invitation to turn down ;)

D and I rode the Falcon 3 or 4 times in a row at closing on the last night of our trip as we wanted to try all the roles, I THINK we got 2 once, but I need to ask him now...

In her happy place :)

No so much...

Holy smokes! You consider 85F cold???

I thought that temperatures didnt get above the 60s up there. Then again on the prairie i guess it could get hot. We just barely saw the 70s when Jill was here. I've actually had to wear a jacket a few times! And not as a fashion accessory!

You do hear the sarcasm dripping from those sentences....right?

We got up to 30s yesterday! I don't remember that ever happening in December!

I. Can't. Even. Imagine.

We just expect every day to be sunny and warm and get annoyed on the days where it rains or is overcast.

but I bet it felt good to have it all done.

Except the place was trashed again in less than a week.

Wow! I had no idea you guys were that busy.

Even today I've probably got a dozen things that need to go out.

Sorry to hear that. How is she feeling now? How are you?

She's still sick and coughing. I'm doing much better.

I get that. Doesn't feel like holidays for me either.
Personal reasons.

:hug:

That is late for you.

I know. At least on vacation!

We usually run 1/2 an hour late so we build that into our timing.

But of course. That's how it works, no?

Not for us....

Okay... so do people really glare at you for taking up seats??
This just... I haven't seen it (then again, I haven't been actively looking for it, but...)

Perhaps it's our imagination, but I hear the exasperated sighs from people waiting for the bus when the driver let's all the other passengers off and then people try to go on and he shuts the doors saying, "I've got to get them loaded first." Then I probably just imagine those people who were annoyed keep staring and glaring.

I feel that should be your motto in all things in all times.

Stuck in line at the store "It's only a matter of time until Strawberry soup!"
In traffic... post office... DMV...

No, because one can only say that if its imminent.

You're better at them than I am.

Not by a lot.

I just haven't gotten into that. I've tried making it and... just... not my thing.

Fran likes it more than I do. It has to be really good gravy and tasty sausage for me to like it. And fluffy biscuits.

I didn't know you got... anything. Only ridden once and only as an engineer... technically, I feel that I have yet to ride it.

Engineer is my favorite position. No pressure. I would try pilot again, but only if I was riding with nice people who wouldn't yell at me!

I wouldn't have noticed the differences without the photos side by side.

I noticed the difference in the Marketplace the day before. Since I took all my pictures on the phone, I could compare them with my previous photos I had taken back in June at Batuu West and started to realize that there were definitely subtle differences.

:laughing: Only Fran would notice that. Observant!

That is a Fran kind of thing to notice! :laughing:

Not. Going. To. Say. Anything...

Well a couple times when Jill and I rode together, we unlocked the secrets and got pus...er kitties. :laughing:

I thought that temperatures didnt get above the 60s up there. Then again on the prairie i guess it could get hot. We just barely saw the 70s when Jill was here. I've actually had to wear a jacket a few times! And not as a fashion accessory!
Wow!
You do hear the sarcasm dripping from those sentences....right?
I. Can't. Even. Imagine.
I know! So nice and warm!
We just expect every day to be sunny and warm and get annoyed on the days where it rains or is overcast.
We expect every day to be sunny.
The warm part... not so much.
Except the place was trashed again in less than a week.
:sad2:
She's still sick and coughing. I'm doing much better.
Tell her I hope she's feeling better soon.
Perhaps it's our imagination, but I hear the exasperated sighs from people waiting for the bus when the driver let's all the other passengers off and then people try to go on and he shuts the doors saying, "I've got to get them loaded first." Then I probably just imagine those people who were annoyed keep staring and glaring.
Rude. I hope that's not often the case.
No, because one can only say that if its imminent.
Are you sure?
Fran likes it more than I do. It has to be really good gravy and tasty sausage for me to like it. And fluffy biscuits.
Hmmm... I may have had none of that.
Engineer is my favorite position. No pressure. I would try pilot again, but only if I was riding with nice people who wouldn't yell at me!
If I get engineer again, I'm ignoring it and watching the ride.
Well a couple times when Jill and I rode together, we unlocked the secrets and got pus...er kitties. :laughing:
:laughing:

Oh, geez. Yeah Liesa and I were practically falling asleep in our drinks and both of us took a nap when we got back to the room! :laughing:

That was BAD! Holy cow I've not hit a wall like that in a long time!

Thanks! I've gotten over it, we brought one home last night....

YAY!! I have bad news... about that rotten Hatbox?

According to @pkondz waiter at Prime Time "girl's food tastes better off someone else's plate".

LOL!! I"m sure it does.

This was really really strong, like a lightweight would have been on the floor strong!

Why be on the floor when you can be in a shop buying sweatshirts?!

I had that lovely little 4 day weekend at the Grand, that I may write about someday.

Yes, yes you did!

However upon returning, I had to begin preparing the nightmare we call home, into something where my parents could stay comfortably for a week. We concentrated on three key areas, the bedroom in which they would be staying, the table where we would be dining, and the portion of the living room where they like to sit. It took all week, but we got those areas clean.

You always seem to pull it off and I'm sure it was a nice visit with loved people. :)

We had purchased tickets to a show out in Palm Springs (months before) for the night before my parents arrived, and had also reserved a hotel room (since it’s kind of a long way there and back). We had a late lunch, went to the show at 5PM, and were in bed asleep by 8PM that night from the sheer exhaustion of the week before. It worked out to our advantage because we actually got a good night of sleep, and were on the way home by 8AM the next morning.

That actually sounds like a VERY nice little getaway! Love this!

All the while, our eBay store was going crazy! For the second year in a row, we are selling off our Christmas ornaments, and Christmas music from our old music store. Some days I’ve been shipping a dozen orders!

Nice!!

Mostly because she had been cooped up in the house all week.
Any outing is a nice diversion after being cooped up!

Not for me either. Just not feeling well enough to entertain like I like to. Well, just a lot of stuff...
Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate! Merry Christmas to all who deem it appropriate! And if Kwanzaa or Festivus are your things, then enjoy those!

And to you as well, Alison! :)

Aww, there we go!

z19LG1007CB09.jpg

I Love this one!

Okay that right there is pretty hilarious.

To which he exclaimed, "You're married! Well congratulations!" And gave me a big hug. Then he muttered something to the effect of, "well I didn't really mean girlfriends like that anyways." And then we took a few pictures.

Nice save. Sort of. LOL!

We were going through security 10 minutes before the tour was supposed to start. Just as we were going up Hollywood Blvd our new friends met us in the street and we all exchanged pleasantries.

PHew! That was a close one.

YAY!!!

Well, 2 months later I am finally here... But we did get to spend some quality time together in the meantime! Now off to read more! Merry Christmas!!

I'm not sure why but the pictures aren't loading for me. I'll have to try at home and see what happens. Anyone else having this problem? I am excited to hear about your VIP tour. I hear you can actually get THREE containers of Coaxium, but have never done it myself.

I'm not sure why but the pictures aren't loading for me. I'll have to try at home and see what happens. Anyone else having this problem? I am excited to hear about your VIP tour. I hear you can actually get THREE containers of Coaxium, but have never done it myself.
I saw them earlier, but not now.

Yay for updates and I'm at work so they are so much easier to do on my PC...

Yeah, they're much easier to do on the computer as opposed to the phone! :sad2:

I quite like it, when I was a kid, it was pretty much the only sandwich that existing in our world

I never liked the jelly/jam part of the equation. I made mine with butter and peanut butter.

They should open a Karamell Kuche in DL

They absolutely should!

Sounds pretty spot on 👍

👍

Nothing like sheer exhaustion to force sleep...

pretty much, I couldn't even keep my eyes open by the time I crawled into bed.

We got a tree, but that's about it..didn't get much else up for decorations, I've done no baking but my MIL does lots so we are lucky there

Well at least now I don't have to worry about taking down the lights.. :laughing:

fingers crossed some decent people show up soon.

Yeah, really we are losing a ton every day it's not rented.

Yumm I like the look of that breakfast burrito

I like it too! Going to make myself another one in just about 45 days.

Awww! you two!

Aren't we a little matched set?

This picture totally cracks me up! :lmao:

I think she's having a good time!

yuummmm! my little one talked me into a watermelon from Costco the other day and it's totally crap :(

Yeah, winter watermelon is not a good idea.

Biscuits and sauisage is an American thing I like having when I'm in the states 👍

It's only good though if you have fresh biscuits and good gravy.

Very cool, and def not an invitation to turn down ;)

We had a lot of fun!

D and I rode the Falcon 3 or 4 times in a row at closing on the last night of our trip as we wanted to try all the roles, I THINK we got 2 once, but I need to ask him now...

It was exciting to get it the first time.

In her happy place :)
No so much...

:lmao: Yeah , I can laugh at it now!

I know! So nice and warm!

:sad2: Today has been in the 50s all day. 🥶

We expect every day to be sunny.
The warm part... not so much.

Southern California = warm Today, not so much.

Tell her I hope she's feeling better soon.

She says, "Thanks."

Rude. I hope that's not often the case.

It happens enough that we try to avoid looking at the other passengers.

Are you sure?

Hmmm... I may have had none of that.

Makes all the difference!

If I get engineer again, I'm ignoring it and watching the ride.
That was BAD! Holy cow I've not hit a wall like that in a long time!

Yeah, rarely do I actually sleep during the day!

YAY!! I have bad news... about that rotten Hatbox?

Uh, oh.

Why be on the floor when you can be in a shop buying sweatshirts?!

You know, I've never had a drunk sweatshirt buying experience.

Yes, yes you did!

But I didn't come home at all relaxed.

You always seem to pull it off and I'm sure it was a nice visit with loved people. :)

It's lucky that they have come to have low expectations for my cleaning ability.

That actually sounds like a VERY nice little getaway! Love this!

Now this we did come back from feeling refreshed. And we got to eat at two of our favorite restaurants.

Any outing is a nice diversion after being cooped up!

She's had a lot of that this week.

Not for me either. Just not feeling well enough to entertain like I like to. Well, just a lot of stuff...

Perhaps a New Year will bring New Luck!

And to you as well, Alison! :)

:)

Aww, there we go!

:thumbsup2

I Love this one!

Seems to be a consensus among the readers.

Okay that right there is pretty hilarious.

We were laughing pretty hard. I think he enjoyed us. I forgot to mention in the chapter that the waitress remembered waiting on us before. I guess we're sort of infamous.

Nice save. Sort of. LOL!

PHew! That was a close one.

I know! We almost missed that one!

Well, 2 months later I am finally here... But we did get to spend some quality time together in the meantime! Now off to read more! Merry Christmas!!

:welcome:

I'm glad you could finally make it over here! You've been a little bit busy though, so I understand!

For the past week, Photobucket has been having issues. Other people's TRs have had picture problems, now it seems that mine is having issues now. But for now, they are back for me.

Yes, the last time I rode it, we did really well and almost got the third one!

I saw them earlier, but not now.

Ugh, well I see them now.

OK Folks, so I came to a realization this evening. I leave on my next trip in less than 5 weeks and this TR has about 8 more chapters. So guess what? I need to post updates every 5 days or so to catch up before I leave on the next trip. So even though some folks are not caught up, here comes the next update!

You’ll recall that we were stuck at the exit of TSMM with the rain pouring outside, and many guests just standing there not wanting to go out into the rain.

Our plan was to go back to Batuu and ride MF:SR one more time. Luckily Fran and I each had umbrellas in our scooter bags as did most of the others in our group. So we made a mad dash back to Galaxy’s Edge. However even with the umbrellas we didn’t stay completely dry. My dress was soaked all down the back, but I did keep the tiller of the scooter and my purse dry. By the time we got to the ride, the rain had let up a little bit.

This time a couple people in our party sat this one out. Since Fran was one of them and I didn't want to leave my scooter sitting outside, lest the rain come back, I rode it through the queue.

I don't like clogging up the queues with too many scooters if I can avoid it. Mostly I need the scooter for distance, cause we've found that one or two full days of walking causes my shin splints to flare up and I'm practically crippled for the next few days.

This time I was the gunner, that wasn't a bad position to hold either. The Engineer has a little less responsibility and spends less time pushing buttons, but neither of those positions has as much pressure as the pilot.

After we finished the ride, we looked for the Miniature Millennium Falcon and actually spotted it!

It’s on this side of the ship.

And in case you can’t figure out where it is, I’ve circled it for you.

And if you’re wondering. Don’t bother looking for it at Batuu West, there isn’t one.

Then we went over to RnRC. Just a few of us rode this one, but it was awesome, I got to sit in the front row.

Then it was time for ToT. I was so glad that others on the tour wanted to ride this because Fran was very disappointed that we didn't have FP+ for this ride. Because all the best rides in DHS are now Tier 1 FP, I booked SDD and RnRC for the two days we had planned to be at DHS. She didn't tell me she wanted to ride ToT, so I didn't make it a priority Luckily we got to ride as part of this tour.

Then we were off to another park. This is a very interesting aspect of a WDW VIP tour. The guides must be Jacks of all Trades, not only do they have to guide, they have to drive. They had two vehicles set up for us backstage. One was a Suburban or an Escalade for the regular people. Then they had a van that could take two scooters, complete with a lift and everything. No pictures were allowed backstage, but there was nothing stopping me from taking a picture while we were on the road from DHS to AK.

Once at AK we briefly entered the park at the Rainforest Cafe entrance to scan our bands make it official that we were in the park. Then we darted backstage again to take the shortcut to Pandora. Soon we were on our way to link up with our Avatar to ride an Ikran. Because Fran can't ride the ride, she had no idea what it was like, so the guide made arrangements for her to go through the preshow sharing a number with me. When we got to the actual ride room, she exited and her scooter was waiting for her while we went on the ride. As always it was exhilarating and so much fun!

By this time it was 5:15 and we had a dinner reservation with Scott & Vinny for later that evening. Originally the reservation was for 6:30 but I was able to move it back an hour when we got the tour invitation. I had been calculating the time in the van and realized that if we wanted to go back to the room and change we better leave now. We bade goodbye to our new found friends and hope that sometime in the future we could meet up again!

Fran wondered if she could just go to dinner as is, in shorts and a polo. I really wanted to get out of my damp dress, so we texted them to see if it was OK to come as we are. Then I noticed that Jaleo is a signature and decided we better change.

We boarded the bus to BC about 5:35 and as we left the bus stop the rain started coming down HARD! I hoped it would let up so we wouldn't be drenched rats at dinner.

As we were on approach to the BCV, Scott texted me that both of them were wearing shorts. So when we got off the bus, we decided not to go to the room, but just wait for a bus to DS and go shopping at WoD.

Just as the bus pulled up it started pouring again, and the place for disabled boarding was uncovered so we whipped the umbrellas back out and kept ourselves from getting drenched.

By the time we got to DS the rain had let up. We still had an hour before our dinner reservation so if we went to WoD now we wouldn't have to go after dinner.

I'm not sure that she found anything she wanted here, but my Disney dish towels have been looking rather tired, so I got a few of those, a sippy cup and some plastic straws. She did get a couple rice krispie treats, and we headed off to dinner.

The restaurant was very nice and we were there on the last day of Magical dining.

They were offering a five course meal for $35pp. It didn't take much thought to decide that is what we each wanted!

The server told us that Gin and Tonic is a very popular drink in Spain. I'm not a Gin fan, but recently when I've tried Gin drinks and they've been made with good Gin, they have actually been quite delightful, so I decided to give it a go and it was quite good. They had several versions on the menu, and I have no idea which one I got..

I’m not sure who got this drink, maybe both Fran and Vinny. They liked it a lot.

They brought out my chicken croquettes.

I was waiting until they brought the Gazpacho for everyone else, so as not to be rude and eat while no one else had food. And then it happened.

We were just sitting there talking when all of a sudden Scott starts to panic a bit and he immediately called out "Someone went down over here!" I turned around to see a guy on the floor having a seizure. The staff reacted excellently and were immediately on top of it. They brought him water, cold compresses, a pillow for his head, and tried to keep him as comfortable until the paramedics arrived. There was a small interruption in our service, but pretty soon after the rest of the table got their gazpacho. This was so tasty, and I'm not even the fan, Fran is the one who really loves the stuff. It was creamy and spicy in just the right amounts.

And in case you’re curious, this is what the inside of my chicken croquettes looked like.

Then we got the fried bacon wrapped dates. I'd never had them breaded before they were good, but I think I like them better baked or broiled.

Fran ordered these peppers as her 2nd course and i didnt care for the taste of the peppers, plus there was not enough goat cheese in the mushroom mixture.

Fran got this as her second drink. I think it was some kind of margarita.

Our first third course was these potatoes, they were really tasty and filling, but the red sauce on the bottom of the bowl was also a little spicy.

The second third course was Cipollini Asada. It was tasty but not OMG like the potatoes.

The first "main course" was garlic shrimp. There was shaved garlic in there, it was very tasty and the crusty bread was perfect for sipping up all the melted butter.

When the paella arrived we were both pretty full and we agreed this dish would travel better than the shrimp so we finished that off and took a stab at this one, but just couldn't finish it all.

When dessert arrived, for some reason they thought that we had a birthday in our party so Scott and I both got candles on our dessert. This chocolate custard was very tasty.

I much preferred it over the bite of Flan that Fran ordered.

When the check came the manager presented it to our table. She apologized for the commotion and then took 50% off our bill, alcohol and all! She really didn't need to do that as it really didn't interrupt our dinner much at all. Plus, we didn't need a reservation at all. The place was pretty empty most of the time we were there. I think I'd like to go back there in February and we could probably just do it as a walk up, but it's definitely on my "go back" list!

We said goodbye to Scott & Vinny until next time and made our way back to the bus. We had discussed stopping in a couple stores on the way out, but in the end we were just too tired and wanted to go to bed. We waited a short time for a bus, but it wasn't raining or cold so the time passed quickly and pretty soon we were back at the hotel. Fran went right to bed while I made sure all the electronics were plugged in, tablets, phones, scooters, etc. I took a bath and was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Update and I'm at work, so here's my reply already!

I never liked the jelly/jam part of the equation. I made mine with butter and peanut butter.

I actually am not into the jelly/jam part either, either plain peanut butter, or (I know this is SUPER weird) peanut butter and cheese...

It was exciting to get it the first time.

So I asked D, as we did get 2! one of our runs we had 2 super experienced pilots and we got 2 apparently.

After we finished the ride, we looked for the Miniature Millennium Falcon and actually spotted it!

I couldn't even believe this when you showed me, it's soo cute!

And if you’re wondering. Don’t bother looking for it at Batuu West, there isn’t one.

Another Fran ride pic, yay!!

The guides must be Jacks of all Trades, not only do they have to guide, they have to drive.

Skills for sure!!

Then we darted backstage again to take the shortcut to Pandora. Soon we were on our way to link up with our Avatar to ride an Ikran.

Pandora just sounds sooo well done!

I hoped it would let up so we wouldn't be drenched rats at dinner.

Ugg I know the feeling of dashing back to a hotel to try to get remotely presentable well...

he server told us that Gin and Tonic is a very popular drink in Spain. I'm not a Gin fan, but recently when I've tried Gin drinks and they've been made with good Gin, they have actually been quite delightful

You know I'm a big gin fan, good gin= especially good drinks indeed

I love Fever tree tonics- they make a few nice ones

This was so tasty, and I'm not even the fan

I'm not really a fan of it either tbh...I'm not a huge cold soup fan unless they are fruit based...

Mmm I think I'd like those fried up

This doesn't look very appealing to me.

white choc?
Still dreaming of that dessert we had - that huge brownie cake and peppermint canolli I think it was?

She apologized for the commotion and then took 50% off our bill, alcohol and all!

Wow, that's very kind indeed!

:sad2: Today has been in the 50s all day. 🥶
I won't see those temps for a few months yet.
Southern California = warm Today, not so much.
Lies!!!
She says, "Thanks."
Tell her "Your welcome."

I can keep this up all day!!!
It happens enough that we try to avoid looking at the other passengers.
This ticks me off. There's no way in hell you should feel self-conscious or be made to feel that way.
I want to go with you one day.
I'll stare right back. "You're probably thinking you're so lucky to have two good legs to walk on and are over-joyed that Disney takes such good care of people who aren't as fortunate as you are. Right?"

Sorry.... I'm really ticked off about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!