I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

Day 6

We had to be up relatively early this morning. We made a 9:30 breakfast reservation and the goal was to call the bellman at 9AM. I think I was up at 7AM putting the last of the stuff in suitcases. I kept badgering Fran to get up and I think it was nearly 8:30AM before she actually did get out of bed and started getting dressed. At 9AM she asked, "Shouldn't we call the restaurant and tell them we're going to be late?" But I assured her that we needn't do that for at least 15 minutes. She thought the reservation was for 9AM. We called the bellman at 9:10AM and though it took forever to get through on the phone, there was a guy at our door in less than 2 minutes.

The Bellman took everything, we asked him to hold all our bags and carry ons, while he should put out the owner’s locker for pickup. Speaking of Owner’s locker, I need to order it for our next trip! There was some discussion on my last TR about packing up the owner’s locker. I mentioned that my Mom had no idea what was involved and a number of readers confessed that they had no idea either. So here is the Owner’s locker as I sent it back to rest in it’s air conditioned facility.

Now you may be looking at this and thinking, “that doesn’t look so full!” However, what is missing from the OL, is my special contour pillow that I keep in there on the top! We still had five more nights of sleep, and without that pillow, I tend be a very noisy sleeper. We decided that we will just order a new one from Amazon on the next trip, or bring one of my spares from home. This one was not so pillow like after years of being cramped up in the OL 300+ days per year. I ended up ditching it at the next hotel and taking my pillowcase home with me.

Bags loaded and ready to move on to the next destination, we motored over to the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club. We were just in time for our reservation and were seated promptly. There were a few options on the menu. You could choose any of the plated entrees. If you were really gluttonous you could add on the continental buffet at $23 for breakfast. This included breakfast pastries, fruit, oatmeal, sliced meats, basically what they serve in the CL at the Grand Californian. I make a breakfast out of those things alone, much less needing an entree to go along with that much food. We opted just for a plated breakfast. She got the Eggs Benedict. She definitely enjoyed this and practically cleaned her plate.

I got the open faced skirt-steak sandwich. The meat was cooked perfectly and I loved my meal. Towards the end I had to give up on the bread and try to concentrate on just finishing off the meat. In the end Fran had to eat my last little chunk of meat.

We threw in the towel, paid the check and headed off to meet our ride via the gift shops in the two hotels. We did pick up a fruit and cheese plate to take with us in case we got hungry. We had arranged to meet the pick up person for the rental scooter at 11:30AM, and just as they came to pick up the scooter, I got a text from Mears that our vehicle had been dispatched. They had a neat app where I could watch the vehicle in real time. When they were getting close I had the bell staff retrieve our bags and they helped to load up the van.

And our Disney time was over. We were on our way to the next phase of our trip. I won't bore you with the blow by blow details of this portion of the trip. Our room wasn't ready when we go there around 12:30. Our first rehearsal started at 3:15 and we were still homeless, so we ate some of our cheese and fruit to tide us over. If you look carefully at these two pictures, you can spot me in both and Fran in one. Consider this your “did you see it?” for this update.

Finally when rehearsal ended at 5:30 they had a room for us. We got settled in for a few minutes and then headed out to dinner. It had been a long time since breakfast.

I wasn’t so sure about this hotel, especially when I saw this outlet where the TV and lights were plugged in!

At some point during the day, the drumline held a rehearsal.

And so did the color guard. I stole both these pictures from the Facebook Group. I wasn’t really there.

While we were at dinner, the other concert band had their rehearsal until 8PM. Also a stolen picture.

We went to a Mexican restaurant down the street that was within walking distance, and we ended up running into the other members of our home band that were at the conference so we all dined together.

Of course we started off with Margaritas!

We started off with some queso, but I didn’t grab a picture of it. I got the Enchiladas Verdes, and honestly with each bite that I took, they just kept getting spicier and spicier. I ended up not finishing it because of that.

Fran ordered the Crispy Baja Fish Tacos. I think she ended up being pleased with her selection.

The rest of our friends took an uber to some bar for a welcome party, but since we're old fuddy duddies we just went back to the hotel to sleep. I’m pretty sure we had some of our candy from the Halloween party for dessert.

We had to be up early because we had work to do in the morning.

Your TR is next! Maybe this evening I will have some time to sit at the computer and read it!
Saw that!
Showing the (2nd) apartment today.
Any luck?
Soon!!
So I've been a little slow to catch up around here, mainly because I've been totally absorbed in the drama playing out at DL with the opening of RotR. If you haven't been following, its nuts. Boarding groups are filling up in less than a minute. The ride is down for an hour at a time and the whole thing is crazy.
Wow. Sounds... awful.

I kept badgering Fran to get up and I think it was nearly 8:30AM before she actually did get out of bed and started getting dressed.
Uh, oh....
At 9AM she asked, "Shouldn't we call the restaurant and tell them we're going to be late?"
Oh, no!

but... glad it worked out. :)
a number of readers confessed that they had no idea either.
:wave:
She got the Eggs Benedict.
MMMMMM!!!!!
I could eat those every breakfast.... and probably a good thing I don't. My arteries would be clogged in no time!
She definitely enjoyed this and practically cleaned her plate.
Of course she did!
I got the open faced skirt-steak sandwich. The meat was cooked perfectly and I loved my meal.
Actually, that looks really good, too.
I got a text from Mears that our vehicle had been dispatched. They had a neat app where I could watch the vehicle in real time.
Lyft does that too. I like it. :)
After a nice game of Tetris...
And our Disney time was over.
Boo!
I won't bore you with the blow by blow details of this portion of the trip.
I see what you did there.
If you look carefully at these two pictures, you can spot me in both and Fran in one. Consider this your “did you see it?” for this update.
I saw them! Er… you! Both! All three!
I'm stopping now.
I wasn’t so sure about this hotel, especially when I saw this outlet where the TV and lights were plugged in!
Is that a Band-aid on it?

Hmmm... did they do that since you are in a band?
While we were at dinner, the other concert band had their rehearsal until 8PM. Also a stolen picture.
You're stealing a lot there, lady.
Of course we started off with Margaritas!
When in a Mexican restaurant...
I got the Enchiladas Verdes, and honestly with each bite that I took, they just kept getting spicier and spicier. I ended up not finishing it because of that.
Really! They don't look hot at all.
Fran ordered the Crispy Baja Fish Tacos. I think she ended up being pleased with her selection.
That looks really interesting.

I'm back at work, so REPLIES!! :)

We need to try the ones you brought!

Yes, so I know what to bring for the next time.

This doesn't make sense to me... :laughing:

Ya, I know, but I often find seafood "fishier" than fish...ya I'm weird.

Yes, I think we have determined that previously as well.

Although I believe at our dinner you and I ordered similarly as did D and Fran

cooked perfectly

The meat looks for sure perfectly cooked here!

Very good "Tetris-ing" as we would say

I looked at this one and figured I saw your hair next to the guy in the light blue shirt...

ndaj, post: 61461105, member: 258028"]

[/QUOTE]

Is that you right there between these two guys right above? Fran in a white shirt above and to the right a bit of you maybe?

Those are some big Drums? I'm going to go with that person being local?

Those look SO good!

Wow. Sounds... awful.

Today Boarding Groups lasted 50% longer than over the holiday. It was 90 seconds instead of 60. :sad2:

Oh, no!

but... glad it worked out. :)

I know her timing and try to schedule things accordingly.

MMMMMM!!!!!
I could eat those every breakfast.... and probably a good thing I don't. My arteries would be clogged in no time!

I need variety. But most days I have hardly anything for breakfast.

Actually, that looks really good, too.

It was soooooo good!

Lyft does that too. I like it. :)

It was nice to follow their progress.

After a nice game of Tetris...

Funny both the Canadians said that.

I see what you did there.

Actually I didn't. That was a total coinkydinc!

I saw them! Er… you! Both! All three!
I'm stopping now.

:laughing:

Is that a Band-aid on it?

Hmmm... did they do that since you are in a band?

I don't know, but needless to say we did NOT plug anything more into that outlet!

You're stealing a lot there, lady.

If it's on the internet it's ripe to be stolen!

When in a Mexican restaurant...

::yes::

Really! They don't look hot at all

They had a green sauce. I suspect that jalapenos or their juice was mixed in.

That looks really interesting.

Huh. They're pretty standard fish tacos...

Today Boarding Groups lasted 50% longer than over the holiday. It was 90 seconds instead of 60. :sad2:
I have no idea if that's good or bad.
I'm guessing that means fewer groups so fewer people got to ride?
I know her timing and try to schedule things accordingly.
Yes you do! I've noticed you get her up and out on time more often than not.
I need variety. But most days I have hardly anything for breakfast.
I go in cycles. Sometimes I go forever without it. Then suddenly I'll do cereals. Or...
Today I made a shrimp, mushroom and swiss omelet.
Funny both the Canadians said that.
Frozen minds think alike.
Actually I didn't. That was a total coinkydinc!
If it's on the internet it's ripe to be stolen!
What? This can happen???

:rolleyes:
Huh. They're pretty standard fish tacos...
They are? You're talking to a northerner, here. I've had them... once? Twice, maybe? And that's probably as many times as I've seen them.

Well actually no. The underwear was not actually ON my butt. It was in the dryer. Not drying.

Then you were ABOUT to have IBS unless you just threw it into your case and dried them at the next place.
I saw you posted over 100 photos, but have barely had time to catch up here.

It was definitely a "dump". A few better than most.

Yeah he has pissed off his share of people.

Your poor B.o.D. :sad2:

Hopefully they are recycling them all into newer single use utensils. :laughing:
I doubt it. Most trash is going into the comingle and not separated afterwards.

It could also have to do with liquor licensing. You can only have what you buy in that park in that park. Even if you can get the same thing at the bar in whatever place you're going next.

And the liquor licensing might have stemmed from people trying to sneak booze to 15 year olds? A chicken or the egg thing. Who knows. Sometimes I wonder if rules like that are to keep someone employed making up stupid rules just for fun.

So I've been a little slow to catch up around here, mainly because I've been totally absorbed in the drama playing out at DL with the opening of RotR. If you haven't been following, its nuts. Boarding groups are filling up in less than a minute. The ride is down for an hour at a time and the whole thing is crazy.

People are elated, upset, confused, all sorts of emotions are going on. But anyways, on to the next update.

That just doesn't sound very fun at ALL!

If you were really gluttonous you could add on the continental buffet at $23 for breakfast. This included breakfast pastries, fruit, oatmeal, sliced meats, basically what they serve in the CL at the Grand Californian. I make a breakfast out of those things alone, much less needing an entree to go along with that much food.

The food at the CL Lounge at the GC was MORE than ample. Why on Earth would you need and entree (that looked huge!) AND more on top of it. Blech!

Consider this your “did you see it?” for this update.
I saw you both!!! In the 2nd photo which was clearer.

I got the open faced skirt-steak sandwich. The meat was cooked perfectly and I loved my meal. Towards the end I had to give up on the bread and try to concentrate on just finishing off the meat.

Wow. That's quite the hearty breakfast. No wonder you got filled up.

And our Disney time was over.

:sad1:

If you look carefully at these two pictures, you can spot me in both and Fran in one. Consider this your “did you see it?” for this update.

I think I see the back of your head in both photos. Fran is a little tougher. I only got a "maybe" on her in the 2nd photo.

:scared1:

I spied F&A! Boo for moving offsite...its not nearly as magical.

Jill in CO

Looks like a heck of a good breakfast to end your Disney time with! I guess if you're going to go about all day without eating again you might as well fill up!

I can't believe the bandaid on the outlets. Holy cow! Either that's some shoddy management or shoddy housekeeping... maybe a bit of both?

I'm not Canadian, but I had the Tetris thought as well. I'll just leave it alone since they beat me to it.

I'm back at work, so REPLIES!! :)

I'm sure your boss loves that! :laughing:

Yes, so I know what to bring for the next time.

We only open ice wine on special occasions and honestly we just opened a bottle at Christmas that we bought on our 2018 trip to KC, MO. :laughing: I'll try and drink at least one before you visit next.

Ya, I know, but I often find seafood "fishier" than fish...ya I'm weird.

But see to me: seafood = fish so your sentences have made zero sense to me.

Although I believe at our dinner you and I ordered similarly as did D and Fran

I think you're right there.

The meat looks for sure perfectly cooked here!

::yes::

Very good "Tetris-ing" as we would say

I would have said it was Canadian-eh, but someone from the US Midwest had the same comment.

I looked at this one and figured I saw your hair next to the guy in the light blue shirt...

Yes that's me.

Is that you right there between these two guys right above? Fran in a white shirt above and to the right a bit of you maybe?

And yes, but not Fran, she is in the front row on the other side of the room on the end of the row. That way she didn't have climb through a sea of bodies and take someone out falling down on them.

Those are some big Drums? I'm going to go with that person being local?

Actually people who play the larger instruments don't bring their own. Tubas are loaned to people, and all the drums are procured by the host band. The drummers themselves have the lightest instruments, they just bring their stick bag. It's about the size of a really large clutch purse.

Those look SO good!

I think she chose more wisely than I did.

I have no idea if that's good or bad.
I'm guessing that means fewer groups so fewer people got to ride?

No it means that it took 30 more seconds for the groups to "sell out". People are estimating that each Boarding Group has about 100 people and Disney is estimating 70 Guaranteed Boarding Groups per day. Back Up groups usually start at #71. So that means Disney thinks they will get 7,000 guests per day on the ride.

Today the Back Up groups lasted all the way until 9:50AM (the park opened at 9AM) but still the Regular boarding groups were gone in about a minute.

Yes you do! I've noticed you get her up and out on time more often than not.

Not without a lot of pre preparation.....

I go in cycles. Sometimes I go forever without it. Then suddenly I'll do cereals. Or...
Today I made a shrimp, mushroom and swiss omelet.

Interesting combination....I rarely make omelets or eggs, usually it's a special occasion or leisurely morning with nothing planned. Usually it's some kind of toast or cereal. Or leftovers.

They are? You're talking to a northerner, here. I've had them... once? Twice, maybe? And that's probably as many times as I've seen them.

I'm surprised that with how "global" cuisine has become that they don't have fish tacos up there. They have them at Fast Food restaurants down here. I prefer to get them from certain places I like them, but always prefer the Baja fish tacos (read deep fried), the grilled ones are just OK, but if I'm going to have fish tacos, I want the deep fried goodness!

No it means that it took 30 more seconds for the groups to "sell out". People are estimating that each Boarding Group has about 100 people and Disney is estimating 70 Guaranteed Boarding Groups per day. Back Up groups usually start at #71. So that means Disney thinks they will get 7,000 guests per day on the ride.

Today the Back Up groups lasted all the way until 9:50AM (the park opened at 9AM) but still the Regular boarding groups were gone in about a minute.
Wow!
Interesting combination....
Delish. I liked it so much I made it for dinner. Kay said it was the best omelet she's ever had.
I rarely make omelets or eggs, usually it's a special occasion or leisurely morning with nothing planned. Usually it's some kind of toast or cereal. Or leftovers.
I make eggs fairly often. Scrambled, anyways since it's so easy.
I'm surprised that with how "global" cuisine has become that they don't have fish tacos up there. They have them at Fast Food restaurants down here. I prefer to get them from certain places I like them, but always prefer the Baja fish tacos (read deep fried), the grilled ones are just OK, but if I'm going to have fish tacos, I want the deep fried goodness!
If they're here in this city, I don't know about it. But it's certainly possible. I didn't know there was two ways of doing them, though. Don't think I've had Baja (deep fried).

Then you were ABOUT to have IBS unless you just threw it into your case and dried them at the next place.

Well no, I was about to crawl into bed in my "all together" while the undies hung drying in the closet. They were fine the next day when i packed them. And i did still have a pair of clean undies set aside to wear. The only reason i did laundry was so that i would still have clean undies for the rest of the trip.

It was definitely a "dump". A few better than most.

And that's why I dont like FB. I see things when I dont have time to look at them. Then when I have time to be poking around it shows me an entirely new set of stuff that is not of interest to me and I can't find the things that piqued my interest at an earlier time.

I doubt it. Most trash is going into the comingle and not separated afterwards.

Actually Disney has a really intense waste sorting facility. There was a TV show, one of those "behind the scenes" things that showed how they sort through the trash to get out all the recyclables cause people don't realize what can and can't be recycled.

And the liquor licensing might have stemmed from people trying to sneak booze to 15 year olds? A chicken or the egg thing. Who knows. Sometimes I wonder if rules like that are to keep someone employed making up stupid rules just for fun.

It's funny. I never even considered that it would have been a thing with minors, but you keep coming back to that. Is there something going on with your kids? :scratchin

That just doesn't sound very fun at ALL!

It sounds very stressful. I'm going to wait a month before trying to ride it. But I will try twice at DHS.

The food at the CL Lounge at the GC was MORE than ample. Why on Earth would you need and entree (that looked huge!) AND more on top of it. Blech!

Well the buffet itself was only available with an entree. It added an additional $8-10 to the entree price. We decided that the entree alone was plenty.

I saw you both!!! In the 2nd photo which was clearer.

:thumbsup2

If they're here in this city, I don't know about it. But it's certainly possible. I didn't know there was two ways of doing them, though. Don't think I've had Baja (deep fried).

Where are you again? I'm in BC and fish tacos are on like every pub/restaurant menu...we also make them at home often

Once at AK we briefly entered the park at the Rainforest Cafe entrance to scan our bands make it official that we were in the park. Then we darted backstage again to take the shortcut to Pandora. Soon we were on our way to link up with our Avatar to ride an Ikran. Because Fran can't ride the ride, she had no idea what it was like, so the guide made arrangements for her to go through the preshow sharing a number with me. When we got to the actual ride room, she exited and her scooter was waiting for her while we went on the ride. As always it was exhilarating and so much fun!
That was nice that she got to do the preshow! I really wish they had added an option for people who can't use the banshee seats. Like having a platform over on the side where you can park a wheelchair or scooter. It won't move or anything but you at least get somewhat of an experience!
Our FP for 7DMT was open so we went over to ride it. Fran was even game to give it a try. We got all the way through the queue, but when she tried to get in the car, she couldn't get both her knees in between the lap bar, so she couldn't ride. I had fun, but not as much if we hadn't gone through that drama.
Ugh, that's too bad! Hopefully they will include the normal seats in the back row of Tron vehicles so maybe she will get to try that? I would compare those seats to Expedition Everest.
Now you may be thinking "haven't I seen you visit these same booths in oast F&W trips?" Or not. Well we weren't here to try new and different things. We were here to eat stuff that we like. And I like that Cheese Soup so much it's going to be on the menu in January. Even if we will be eating it on our trip in February!
There's something to be said for sticking to your favorites!
We had to be up relatively early this morning. We made a 9:30 breakfast reservation and the goal was to call the bellman at 9AM. I think I was up at 7AM putting the last of the stuff in suitcases. I kept badgering Fran to get up and I think it was nearly 8:30AM before she actually did get out of bed and started getting dressed. At 9AM she asked, "Shouldn't we call the restaurant and tell them we're going to be late?" But I assured her that we needn't do that for at least 15 minutes. She thought the reservation was for 9AM. We called the bellman at 9:10AM and though it took forever to get through on the phone, there was a guy at our door in less than 2 minutes.
Haha, it sounds like my sister's boyfriend. Who seems to think that saying, "we are leaving the house at 8am", means "get in the shower at 8am"
Speaking of Owner’s locker, I need to order it for our next trip! There was some discussion on my last TR about packing up the owner’s locker. I mentioned that my Mom had no idea what was involved and a number of readers confessed that they had no idea either. So here is the Owner’s locker as I sent it back to rest in it’s air conditioned facility.
I love my OL so much! I keep a comforter in it (compressed in a space bag) since the ones at DL hotels are too thin!

Well no, I was about to crawl into bed in my "all together" while the undies hung drying in the closet. They were fine the next day when i packed them. And i did still have a pair of clean undies set aside to wear. The only reason i did laundry was so that i would still have clean undies for the rest of the trip.

OH good! You are full of creative work-arounds. :) And I totallly get that'd you'd want to start out with a whole new clean everything for the 2nd part of your trip. ::yes::
And that's why I dont like FB. I see things when I dont have time to look at them. Then when I have time to be poking around it shows me an entirely new set of stuff that is not of interest to me and I can't find the things that piqued my interest at an earlier time.

I think there is a SAVE for later option. I've not used it much but it might be handy for you.

Actually Disney has a really intense waste sorting facility. There was a TV show, one of those "behind the scenes" things that showed how they sort through the trash to get out all the recyclables cause people don't realize what can and can't be recycled.

Huh! That seems like an enormous and GROSS job!! Kinda surprised this is allowed for health and safety reasons.

It's funny. I never even considered that it would have been a thing with minors, but you keep coming back to that. Is there something going on with your kids? :scratchin

It sounds very stressful. I'm going to wait a month before trying to ride it. But I will try twice at DHS.

We did for MF:SR and both were a stampede. I prayed I'd not trip or I'd get totally trampled.

Well the buffet itself was only available with an entree. It added an additional $8-10 to the entree price. We decided that the entree alone was plenty.
For sure. Looked like a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!