IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
Hi everyone,

The site has been asked by to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Unofficially, what I'm hearing is that DCL is considering the possibility of levying surcharges on people who damage the door finish with adhesives. They're trying to avoid that because the really do appreciate the passion and creativity that people are putting into this, but the issue with the finishes coming off the doors is getting to be a real issue. I know some have already received this notice on-board the ship, but I wanted to make sure it's out there for everyone.

Thanks,
Pete

Magnets are ok. They are a great way to decorate the door without causing damage.

Magnets are amazing and so great for the kiddos! Our door was covered in Magnets but every time the door closed, several fell off so make sure you use a little better magnet when making your own! Just a little FYI

As first time cruisers, this is a great tip. We will start scouting out magnets for our first DCL trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!