In a eastern fantasy turned western. Completed 10-17-19 Straight on till morning

I’m a big time planner and researcher so this threw me for a loop! The weather was great and the seas much calmer once we made the shift to the western side.

The seas were quite calm. One of the smoothest sailings we have experienced

Day 3 A spoonful of Sugar helps the medicine go down
After I got little girls ready for bed I spent a great deal of time reading the 6 page packet of excursions that were left in our room and texting my parents through i-message and asking them for reviews on them. The Western itinerary is hard for kids under the age of 9 because there are not a lot of excursions offered IMO. This change really threw me for a loop since I’m a big time planner and researcher. I asked if they wanted to swim with dolphins in Grand Cayman they said no that’s scary DH said no that would be awesome. My dad texted me some great reviews of Royal Palms Beach club and the Marriot and said both would be easy to do on our own. In Cozumel I found 1 excursion with DH that was a combo snorkel and beach that I really wanted to get. DH then says man I’m so tired I feel like I’m coming down with something I gave him some Tylenol and Benadryl and said a little prayer.

I woke up on this day Monday our second day at sea a little confused. My phone said it was 7:45 but I thought the time was set back but I thought my phone must have done. Everyone was still sleeping so I decided to grab my huge garbage bag of clothes and laundry stuff to just get it done. I went to deck 6 forward and it looked like a public laundry. Funny thing I had so many clothes it took 3 washers but in my defense they are not very big. One washer I shoved a bit too much in and it made a difference during the drying part a couple of shirts were slightly damp. I used my KTTWC to get credits 3:00 each to wash and dry so a total of 18.00 for my laundry I brought soap, dryer sheets, and color catchers from home. I then hustled up to the Cove for coffee as we had breakfast reservation. However, Jesse informed me what time it really was 7:15. I felt terrible because I started laundry so early. I got back to the room and DH was just getting up and he was sick! He had a sore throat, ear ache, and runny nose. I now felt really bad. DD’s were just getting up I decided to head back to check the laundry as I was walking there a message came over the app that it was ready. I switched it and helped another woman get her credits and use the machine. Another person was also in there and I felt bad for taking up 3 dryers but at least it would be done. I went down to go get in line for Port Adventures as it was going to open in 10 minutes the line was all the way past the clubs. This is when I started to get a little upset and a tad grumpy about standing in a huge line and potentially missing out on other things so I made the executive decision to not get in line right now. I went and go laundry out of the dryer and went back to the room and the girls so sweet helped me fold and put it away in a suitcase and then tucked it under the bed. The girls were also very happy has Tinker belle left them some new ears in our FE. DH did not want to miss our character breakfast but said he was going to spend most of the day in bed.

The character breakfast was in Animators and was great! DH said his omelet and bloody Mary was great. I had the French toast and it was fabulous I though it a little weird the servers poured the syrup but whatever. Both girls had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. For the ship kitchens feeding so many people the bacon was really crispy. The characters we saw were Mickey, Minnie, Doc McStuffins, and Vampirina. The severs asked us to stay seated and not get up when the characters came. They were quick visits but the girls had a great time they loved the Disney junior on the screens, food, and their character friends. Poor DH looked rough I told him I was going to see about cancelling PALO which he did not want me to do but I said we could probably move it after breakfast he went back to the room which luckily had been made up. I was going to wait in line for our port adventures but the girls wanted to do activities. Here’s where if DH was feeling better we could have divided and conquered.

They wanted to play midship detective again. I said we would go start in on deck 2 since deck 5 was a hot mess. On our way through the atrium I saw no one was in line for guest services and wanted to ask them about PALO and how to cancel tonight. That’s one thing I did not get with the app I could not find the activities that I had pre-booked maybe I was missing something. I asked the CM what to do about PALO told him the story and he gave me the number and when they opened. I then told him about the line at Port Adventures and asked if he thought it would be like that all day or if I should wait. He goes oh what do you want to book I can do it for you! I felt super guilty as people had been waiting forever but I booked the our Cozumel for the 4 of us and asked girls one last time about the dolphins I figured if DH was still feeling bad I could do that alone with them. Both girls said no (this will become funny later I promise). With at least one thing planned I felt better.

We did midship detective the puppy case and solved it! If you have 4-7 year olds I highly suggest starting with this one. We then browsed the stores. FYI they had some really nice door magnets, FE, and window clings if you forget. I wish I had known about the FE it was way cuter than they gifts and amenities one and it was only 20.00! They girls each picked out their first pins and I grabbed 2 Christmas ornaments for them when they get older (I get them one every year and tuck it away). I thought it was cool it indicated my Disney visa on the KTTWC. They had about 9 different ornaments to choose from. Not as good as the Ye Old Christmas Shoppe but I could make do. Also not no bags on the ship I just carried these purchases out and they were ok with at while we were at the parks we got plastic bags for all our purchases.

We then headed back to the room to check on daddy, drop off purchases, use the bathroom, call PALO they were awfully sweet and did not charge us even though we cancelled less that 24hrs in advance, and then to the movie theater for the Lion King! The girls who had not asked for anything but pins go mommy can we please get popcorn. They were so cute I said of course. I decided to do a bucket and got a turquoise one with all of WDW snacks on it. It was the cutest one to me. We got there 15 minutes early got good seats on the isle. After looking at the times for the week this was the only afternoon (at 12:00pm) it was showing all the others were during dinner or at 8:30 too late for us. The theater was packed not a seat to be had people sitting on the steps standing in the back. Once again I made a girl sit on my lap so an elderly lady could have a seat uggg this was a long time to have a kid on my lap but it was worth it. We loved the movie at one point the girls wanted more popcorn and I ran out and refilled.

After the movie we were hungry so we headed up to the pool deck for some food we shouldn’t like but we do! DD1 got chicken strips, dd2 a burger, for myself a spicy chicken sandwich, and fries and fruit to share. I was going to get a coke for myself (which I never drink at home but thought it would go good with the food since I was too cheap to get a beer) when I was totally grossed out by someone dumping all the ice and left over drink right in the soda dispenser and it splashed all over the nozzles. I thought I would make do with the bottled water we had. While the girls were finishing up I ducked into the cove and got some desserts to try as we did not like the cookies. They were fabulous and I had to explain to the girls why they could not go back there. We spent the rest of the afternoon seeing characters. Chip and Dale and Belle in her blue dress were wandering around. Belle remembered the girls names and everything! We were first in line for Tinker belle which was hysterical she played along with the girls and her pixie dust presents. We saw Minnie in her princess costume. Then DD2 wanted to go to the kids club. I dropped her off and took DD1 back to the room she was happy to sit on the couch and watch tv.

We sailed the week after you and had the same dining team. We loved Suartana and could see he was working his **** off. Having sailed before it seemed to us that Raymond wasn’t helping him as much as he should have.

We sailed the week after you and had the same dining team. We loved Suartana and could see he was working his **** off. Having sailed before it seemed to us that Raymond wasn’t helping him as much as he should have.
Actually by the end of the week we really loved them both! However, I thought it was a really weird working dynamic but being new to this I thought it was normal.

Actually by the end of the week we really loved them both! However, I thought it was a really weird working dynamic but being new to this I thought it was normal.

We really liked both of them as well but just felt Suartana was going above and beyond. On previous cruises we rarely saw our head server and the assistant was always around. This was not the case this time. We also found Deniz interacted with us a lot more than previous head servers.

I convinced DH to go to the ship board doctor. He went and within 20 minutes was back to the room. He had a double ear infection and what she thought was a sinus infection. They gave him a z-pack which was excellent as the first dose is a loading dose of double the meds so he should be feeling better tomorrow. He said they were super nice and including the medicine it cost 171.00 it showed up on the shipboard account. I’m submitting it to my trip insurance and should be covered.

DD1 watched some Fancy Nancy and I enjoyed the verandah until just before dinner. DD1 and I went to pick up DD2 for dinner. DH stayed in the room and I told him to look at the menu on the app and I would have something brought up for him. Upon picking up dd2 it was so cute she had made a wand for her and her sissy. I was surprised when you go for pick up they actually let you go into the club and they give you a general location of your child to find them. I liked being able to see what was going on in there. When we went to check out Jessica was there and asked DD1 why she didn’t come she was very sweet to here. All 3 of was washed hands in those cool sinks and off to dinner.

We got to Royal Court and Surtana goes what are you doing here and where is Erik I explained and he said oh that’s too bad. Our table was all the way in the back to the restaurant up on a little riser. Raymond asked if I wanted some of the wine left from last night yes please. I told the girls we were having a ladies night and they thought that was awesome. I started with the baked brie on recommendation from like everyone on here (please don’t hate me) it was terrible. Interesting Surtanas recommendation was the French onion soup. The Brie was not hot at all and had a bitter taste. I was expecting oozy cheese and it was nothing like that. DD1 got the whole wheat pasta and DD2 got the steak both started with a salad, they love salad. Raymond also bought them a bowl of apple slices since they liked them so much the night before. I also chatted with Raymond about his daughter and the talked to the girls about the Aladdin show. Surtana would not let me cut DD2 steak he insisted on doing it. I got the roasted filet steak and DD2 was jealous and said my steak was better than hers (it was) I shared. The sides were ok nothing special in potatoes or green beans. The bread and olive dipping sauce were great! I asked Surtana if I could order something for DH he said sure and sent over Deinz I ordered the french onion soup(I should have gotten this), conchiglie pasta, and cream brulee.

Little girls got mickey bars and I had to try the soufflé. When Surtana brought it over he took the fork poked a hole in it and poured the sauce on top. Ok people I get it now the delicate sweet orange taste with the sugary crunch on the outside and the delicate warm cream. The stuff dreams are made of. When Raymond brought my tea over I seriously almost asked for another but refrained. Surtana came over and said dinner was sent up. I said you work you very hard and we appreciate that he blushed a bit.

New love of my life
After dinner I stopped and go DH a gin and tonic from Bon Voyage Tabatha was there and she is a sweet girl. We headed right up to the room and finally met Carles are stateroom host. He was doing up the room and DH was eating on the Verandah. I apologized and said we were dropping off and leaving he goes oh I’m done you make my job easy and left. Man of few words.

Poor DH Dinner alone. I thought it was cute they sent him the napkin.

The girls and I put swim suits and cover-ups on then headed up for a fun game of goofy mini golf! This is the cutest little course perfect for ages 4-7. There were 2 boys playing ahead of us and that’s it. We had a lot of fun and laughs both got holes in one. We then hit up the aqua duck and pool. I hate to give away this secret but there was NO ONE up here! I rode once and since the girls were newly turned 7 year olds they could ride with each other. I chatted with the life guard at the entrance he goes it’s so cute how you watch them go down 1 side of the tube then I would run over watch the other side and then go back to where they exit. There was also no one in the pool the girls jumped in for a couple of minutes and Inside Out was on it was nearing the end and to me this movie is just really sad the girls like it. When it was over we headed back to the room. DH was in bed watching some Avengers movie. I want to take a moment and write my love for the bath tub it’s amazing, especially the detachable shower head very helpful for a mom with daughters and long hair! Two other items I bought from home that were helpful clothespins for the shower to hang the bathing suits and a night light that I plugged in the strip across from the girls sleeping bunks. With the curtain closed one could not see the night light on but it made the girls feel at home.
It was very nice here at night and very early in the morning.

Day 4 Grand Cayman: When are we swimming with Dolphins?
We all slept well last night but our room I felt was on the warm side I reported it. It was early 7am and I got ready and headed up to Cabanas first and ran into Surtana at the entrance. He was so sweet the first thing out of his mouth was how is DH. We chatted for a bit and then I grabbed milk, cereals, and yogurt. I headed to the cove and got our coffees and a plate of pastries. I got back to the room and there was a note in our fish. So sweet it was for DD1 from Jessica at the kids club asked her to come and play with some Mickey stickers in it. I dropped the stuff off the girls were up and bouncing around tinker belle had got them new Moana goggles. DH not so much. I took his breakfast order and headed up to Cabanas again. I heaped a plate full of eggs benedict, bacon, hash browns, and mickey waffles. I brilliantly then took another plate and placed it on top to cover the food.

DH and I ate on the verandah girls at the desk while watching some on demand.
The vanilla latte and cinnamon rolls I would have 1 everyday they were so good!

We were discussing our plan for today and DH said he was feeling better but not 100%. It was close to 8 at this point and we had fired up the internet on DH phone and I checked email and the company I had booked through at Tortola had emailed not to worry they had heard about the stop being canceled and would not charge us! The girls came out having finished and thought it was so cool we were docked and we were watching the tether boats go they were right beneath us. DD2 decides to ask hey mommy “when are we swimming with dolphins today”. Yea I asked you girls that several times and everyone said no DH was laughing so hard! They said then the beach? We said yes!
We decided to get off now and hit up 7 mile beach at the Royal Palms Beach Club like my parents had texted me. We were lined up around 8:45 in Enchanted Garden to get on the tender. I though wow this is going to take forever but we were in the Port about 20 minutes later. The gated part of this port is pretty sparse a few souvenir shops and a lot of people trying to sell you excursions. If you keep right and go through the fence there are a ton of cabs waiting. We got into a 10 passenger van and were the last family in. It was brand new and so clean and comfortable. I told the woman we wanted to go to Royal Palms and she asked does everyone else want to go there too. Everyone said yes so I hope they didn’t feel like they had to. The ride was maybe 7 minutes long and costed 5$ a person. When we got to Royal Palms they checked bags minimally they did have a sign up that said no food or beverages from the outside but we had bottled water and chips from the ship. DH also had filled his Camel Back with smart water we had got in Orlando and good thing for this because it has electrolytes in it. They charged DH and me 2 dollars each kids were free or they just may not have seen them. When we got here we had our pick of places we paid for 1 beach chair and an umbrella for DH 25 dollars. They accept cash. The beach chairs were cheap plastic ones by they worked.

The beach was beautiful!!! Please disregard date on these photos I bought a water proof camera for the trip link below and it came the day before we left so I did not really know how to use it. Let me say for the price it took great pictures and videos!
https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000...6&s=gateway&sprefix=underwater,aps,176&sr=8-3
The sand here was nice and soft. The girls also were able to find some really cool shells and pieces of coral. No big wave but the ocean floor was a bit rocky. The depth was also a gradual decline. My favorite was the looked down with their goggles and screamed they could not believe there were fish in the ocean. This was their first time ever at a beach and I have not been to one in a decade! Seeing the Fantasy in the background was beautiful.
When we went swimming and digging into the sand I went off to left away from royal Palms as it was less crowded about 30 feet from where our chairs were. DH could still see us.

At one point we left the ocean and went up to our seat. DH had gotten a beer from a wandering bar tender cost 5 dollars. We ate a little snack and DH took them in the water for a bit and came back to rest and I went back in. Around noon it got CRAZY BUSY here(4 ships in port). I mean people wall to wall. We let the girls swim one last time and figured 3 hours was good enough. I noticed there were not a lot of children here mostly adults. At Royal Palms beach club there is a bar, a restaurant, and a pool with a DJ. The pool is only for those over 18 and the music was not for children. We used the restrooms before leaving which were immaculate and nice wide stalls. They also had showers indoor and outdoor that we used. We walked up to the entrance and van was just getting ready to leave and let me tell you this cab ride was scary. It was a very old and dirty 14 passenger van filled with 16 people. I had to sit up by the driver with dd1 snuggled next to me. Even though the ride took the same amount of time it seemed to take forever. The cab took us back to the same gate and we had to show id to get back into the port. We stopped in a liquor store right across from the DCL tender and grabbed a six pack of corona and a dozen bottles of water. We had to sit on the tender for 5 minutes before taking off. We had a great morning but were glad to be heading back to the ship for lunch. We were up at the pool deck enjoying spicy chicken sandwiches, fruit, and salad by 1pm! I would not change anything about what we did.

Enjoying your trip report, sorry your cruise got switched at the very last minute though. We did a WC in 2017 and are doing another in Jan. We had booked the stingrays excursion in 2017 but it was cancelled due to rough seas, so we did it at CC. I don't really care for any of the DCL excursions for GC and have thought about going to Royal Palms on our own. I have read that the pool area/bar area should be avoided with kids. Glad to hear you enjoyed the beach there. We did a dolphin swim with our dd in Cozumel in 2017, she was 8 yrs old then and really enjoyed it. Maybe your girls will want to do it in a few years. Hope your dh started to feel better before the end of the cruise.

Enjoying your trip report, sorry your cruise got switched at the very last minute though. We did a WC in 2017 and are doing another in Jan. We had booked the stingrays excursion in 2017 but it was cancelled due to rough seas, so we did it at CC. I don't really care for any of the DCL excursions for GC and have thought about going to Royal Palms on our own. I have read that the pool area/bar area should be avoided with kids. Glad to hear you enjoyed the beach there. We did a dolphin swim with our dd in Cozumel in 2017, she was 8 yrs old then and really enjoyed it. Maybe your girls will want to do it in a few years. Hope your dh started to feel better before the end of the cruise.
Thank you so much thankfully you will see by Wednesday he was feeling better. I think if ever we are there again I would go to the Marriot as they have a similar deal to royal palms but more kid friendly.

After those yummy sandwiches I ducked into the cove for some treats.
See what I did there ;). Those chocolate orange cupcakes were AMAZING! The Carmel tart was okay not my thing. The line for the aqua duck was fairly short so the 4 of us went on. I tried to bring my underwater camera and was told I could not. We walked away and DH had it in his pocket and got a nice video of the ride. DH was feeling really tired and was happy he got to go down at least once so he headed back to the room to shower. I let the girls go down a few more times and then they turned their focus on the Mickey Slide and Tangled our families favorite movie was on! I would not let them go in the pools as they were super crowded they were ok with this. I told them that we were not here to use the pools as we have one at home and we swam a lot at GF. Thank goodness because right after this the one got shut down “for an accident” this was the second time this week we saw them draining and cleaning. Who knows it might have happened several times. At this point I said to the girls we should go back and cleaned up because since the itinerary changed this afternoon was the surprise party and the girls on formal night while waiting for a character were asked to record a special message for Mickey that would play during the party.

The party started at 4pm and we were up on the rail looking out on deck 13. Let me start this by saying I really hope no one booked this cruise especially for this event. We were no moving yet it was really hot and the music to start off with was a group 2 sisters. While I enjoyed the music it did not scream HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The best part the pretzels! Also the party outfits were cute!

They were handing these out at the entrance of Cabanas. I grabbed 1 and we did a 3 way split they were warm with cinnamon sugar on them. Very good! Some people were grabbing 6 of them! The girls were very sweet and daddy loves pretzels so we grabbed another one and brought it to down to daddy. We ran back to the party and to be honest I don’t think we missed much. The characters don’t come out till the end. They were so excited to see themselves wish Mickey a Happy Birthday and they blew him a kiss so cute I cried and wished I had videoed it myself!

Last edited:
They did have so banner birthday decorations out but I’m not going to lie I’ve thrown better birthday parties for the girls at our house and our pool has been open. We went back down and I sat on the balcony and everyone else chilled in the room unit dinner.
Tonight we were back in Animators and instead of the Pirate menu and it was animation magic. The table of 6 adults was not there tonight and we say a bump up in our service. We sat down and oh my word the entire table was vibrating! I’m not sure how it happened but DD1 bread plate fell to the floor and broke as soon as we were seated and 3 servers jumped over to pick it up. Broke clean in 2 pieces she kept saying she was so sorry everyone said it was only an accident. Poor thing was embarrassed. We got to work on our drawings the girls took a really long time. Both DDs ordered the penne pasta with apple slices. DH ordered lobster bisque said it was nice with big pieces of lobster, the Grilled Marinated Garlic Shrimp pasta he said it was great. Also DDs LOVE shrimp when DH came they asked for shrimp Suartana noticed and brought them over a bowl. I think the children’s menus could use a little update our girls will eat most of the adult entrees and after tonight we started ordering some of the offerings. I had the Chicken Schnitzel on Suartana recommendation I wanted rice with it and said of course. This was AMAZING so good cooked perfectly and hot it went perfect with the rice and the bacon cheese potatoes I didn’t want because I thought how could that be good it was so good! I’m glad I didn’t get an app I ate it all. For desert I was torn. I got both the chocolate decadence which I am ranking right up there with the soufflé. Seriously put this on your to order list and thank me later. The girls split the celebration cake which the begrudgingly gave me a taste of it was pretty good.

The animation show was amazing! All of our drawings were in the show! We loved every moment. I even laminated our drawings with heavy duty to turn them into placement at home. While I was sipping my tea Raymond came over and did a magic trick which involved a little deice that looked like a chalice and a ball. The girls and DH loved it. The girls wanted to go to the club and did the Aloha Luau which I gathered was with Mickey and Minnie. I dropped them off right when it started. DH and I went and checked out O’Gill’s pub 80’s trivia was on I did not play but wanted to see what it was like in there. I picked the girls up at 8 and we called it a night.

Tonight’s treats Carles also changed the sheets on the bed which I thought was really nice. Not sure if they normally do this or because DH had been sick. Also the doctor from the ship called to check on him very nice.

We've done 5 cruises and have never had the sheets changed during the cruise, I bet you're right and they did it since your dh was sick. That was nice for him to do. Glad your dh started to feel better. Man, that pretzel looks so good! Wish they had those on every cruise, I'd even pay extra for one! I'll have to check out the Marriott for GC, thanks for the info.

Great report! We leave in 4 weeks for the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy and your report is super helpful! I'd been wondering about the meals and appreciate your detail. I'll definitely be trying the soufflé and chocolate decadence. I'm also going to keep in mind your excursions, in case the itinerary changes.

Great report! We leave in 4 weeks for the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy and your report is super helpful! I'd been wondering about the meals and appreciate your detail. I'll definitely be trying the soufflé and chocolate decadence. I'm also going to keep in mind your excursions, in case the itinerary changes.
I hope you have a great time! :earsboy:

Day 5 Cozumel: are there fish in here?
Surprisingly after a good nights sleep everyone was up early this am. The girls really loved the sleeping arrangements I thought they would fight over the top but not the case. They would hang up on the top bunk together before bed. One thing that helped blankies from home

I headed up for coffee and some cinnamon rolls while everyone got ready as DH who was feeling now almost 100% better (thank you antibiotics) wanted to go to Royal Court again. The girls got some cool things for pirate night from Tinker belle in our in room FE. Royal Court opened at 7:30 for breakfast on port days if that helps anyone in the planning. I wish I could remember our servers name this morning he was great. DD2 was pouting because the fruit plate they bring didn’t have strawberries on it and there was nothing on the menu that stuck her fancy since I said no to chocolate chip pancakes (they had a cinnamon roll and I let them split a donut) vacation or not there is such a thing as to many treats. When the server came back take our order he goes to DD2 now princess if it’s not on the menu just ask and I can see what I can do. Her response I would like a bowl of strawberries and a plate of bacon please. I could see him trying not to laugh and he goes that’s an easy one. DH got a sausage jalapeno omelet and was impressed said it was really good.

DD1 and myself got mickey waffles and hash browns. I will say I found my waffles a little dry the French toast was much better.
We had until 12:45 when our excursion Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel and Beach Party (CZ12) started. My poor dad we had been imessaging back and forth and this is the one he told us to do but as with whenever you recommend something you hope it’s going to be good. This is one of the ones he found several reviews on and funny enough one of the reviews he sent was from Scotts blog. The Disney description is below and the cost was 68 each adult and 40 each child.
Skim along the coast in a 65-foot catamaran to a snorkeling spot and beach-side aqua park for fun in the sun.
On this adventure you will...
Take a short walk along the pier and board a 65-foot state of the art, custom built catamaran. One of Cozumel's all-time favorite tours, the Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party offers fun for everyone. The Fury catamaran features a stairway to the ocean, freshwater showers, a big shaded lounge with tables and seats, a spacious sun deck, a bar and 2 restrooms.
Sail for approximately 20-minutes to one of Cozumel's crystal clear snorkeling sites. Enjoy approximately 40-minutes of swimming with tropical fish and vast coral formations. Snorkel instruction and all snorkel gear (snorkel, mask, fins and required snorkel vest) is provided.
After snorkeling, continue your sail along the beautiful coast of Cozumel to one of the finest private beaches on the Yucatan Peninsula. Soft drinks, margaritas and beer are provided once all water activities are complete (alcoholic beverages are available for Guests 21 years and older).
At the beach, enjoy the aqua park which includes kayaks, a water trampoline, water mats, stand-up paddle boards and the platinum Aqua Glide Slide. Alternatively, just relax on a beach chair or swing in a hammock under a coconut tree.
After approximately 90-minutes at the beach, enjoy the return sail back to the ship, where the catamaran's friendly crew will have you dancing on deck to classic beach party tunes.

Okay so we had a bit of time to kill I was kind of bummed at the start time as I wanted to be back on the ship by lunch but it all worked out in the end. I told the girls we would try the pool deck as we were in port. All 4 went up the pools were empty as they just had opened. They ran over to the aqua duck to be informed they would not open till 1! Come on Disney why?! Oh well they were not fazed and swam DH suggested I go to the adult only for a bit. It was nice and no one was in the cove pool. The weird thing was this entire cruise I never saw Satellite falls on maybe it was broken.

I went back and around 10 the pool was so crowded the girls got out without me even asking. We went and checked out the aqua lab a splash pad behind the aqua duck. It kept their attention for 15 minutes and it was cute themes after Hughy, Dughy, and Louie. I know I’m not an imaginer but really that’s the best you could do with the space. I see Moana themed splash pad or better yet a playground of some sorts I know my girls were aching to run. They wanted to check out Nemo’s reef and even though they are under the age of 8 I felt they were much too big to go in especially with little babies crawling around in there. We went to open house in the club for a bit and it was freezing in there! FYI they keep it cold to decrease germs yay DD2 would often bring a sweater with her.
Before our excursion we went up to deck 11 and grabbed some food. Spicy chicken for me, fruit plate, salad for DD1, burger DD2, and DH grabbed so shrimp from Cabanas. I also grabbed several bags of chips for later.

Our meeting spot was in the tube such a cool themed place. Also we stopped real quick to use the bathrooms outside here and the mosaic tile was so beautiful definitely worth the pit stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter