In-expensive beach stuff

kenthanson

Mouseketeer
im thinking instead of bringing our good summer accessories,ie; sunnies, flips flops, hats, etc that I would just buy some cheap off of Amazon. Has anyone else ordered cheap stuff to use just on their cruise? Just would hate to lose something so far from home.

The stuff can also get lost/damaged at home...?!? I say bring it and enjoy!

We always bring our Tilley hats - they are durable, float, and can be folded, rolled, distorted, put into salt water or chlorinated water and still recover shape after washing. They are comfortable, stay on your head in wind (also have chin and back of head straps if necessary), are UV protective and provide good shade for my eyes. I would never use anything cheap or disposable when it comes to a hat and protecting my head, eyes and face.

Same for footwear. I never compromise on cheap footwear. What we've started to do is walk around in good quality water shoes. I never have to change what I'm wearing as I go from pavement to sand to water, it protects me from hot pavement, rough sand and is good in the water.

I also wear UV protective sun shirts. Something I also won't compromise on; I fry in the sun and it helps to provide a little bit of insulation in the water which can be cool (we are usually there in December).

My sunglasses are clip-ons to my prescription glasses. I hate having to change from regular to sunglasses - so much easier to toss on a clip-on. So I always have those and use them. (I have lost my sunglass clip at CC once when I dunked DH and I off a searaycer. I always bring my older pair of clip-on sunglasses. They may not fit completely but it's better to have a second pair. Also, I now typically use a glasses strap if I'm going to be in the water or something really active so that I don't lose the glasses even if I have a backup pair with me).

In short, there is a reason I have good quality accessories like hats, sunglasses, swim shirts and shoes. Other than the sunglasses, I don't use the rest that often, but when I do I want something that is going to do a proper job and protect me. I'd rather take the chance of losing them or damaging them and replace them when I get home than use something substandard that doesn't do what I need it to.

My issue is I know my son and I would hate to leave $100 worth of stuff on a beach a 8 hour flight and a boat ride away from home, if it happens at home we can just drive back to where we were and find it. None of us has prescription sunnies and we all are darker complection so the hats will come off and on lots.

I don’t get it. The whole point of owning decent stuff is to enjoy using decent stuff.

Especially flip flops. Cheap ones destroy my feet.

I’ve never had issues forgetting my belongings at the beach. You leave wearing the shoes you arrived in and you pick up your area before you go!

We definitely need our quality flip flops and hats on vacation.
Cheap flip flops would set us up for a really bad week!
We did buy cheap snorkel sets in Hawaii and pass them along to a kid on the beach so we would not have to pack into our carry-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter