"In honor" of a birthday

KathyK

Mouseketeer
We'll be leaving WDW about a week before DD's 1st birthday. I thought it would be neat to have a special meal in honor of her upcoming birthday, though the birthday will not yet have happened. Since she's so young, I figure that she has no idea that it isn't her birthday yet.

So, the question is... Do I tell Disney Dining that we are celebrating her birthday? Do I get her a pin from City Hall? If it were really her birthday, I'd say yes to both questions, but since it isn't, I sort of feel like I'm lying.

--Kathy

YES. I would celebrate her birthday at WDW. Don't say today is her b-day but rather we are celebrating her first b-day! What about a character meal with the Pooh Gang. You can order a small cake and they might even decorate the table there. Lot of places will. What wonderful pictures you would get! Crystal Palace is down for rehab right now and the pooh meal is at Tony's. I think it goes back around November but I am not sure on the date. I would get the pin also if she will wear it. Again, you are celebrating her first birthday. Not saying it is her b-day today. Have a blast with your DD.

jordan's mom

That's a great idea!!! We will be there in my birthday, and DD will be turning 1 exactly three weeks later. Maybe I will do something for both us! (I'm 12/6, she's 12/27). I feel for my little Lauren. At least I am sorta early in December, she is two days after Christmas. At least all of the holiday hoopla will be over when her birthday arrives. I hope.

But I can see it now, DH and the other DD are both March birthdays. She'll want her birthday there too!

Hi,

Don't feel like your lying, because your not. I personally don't think that it has to be that specific day. A week away is so close to the actual day anyway! I think if you go anytime the month of a birthday would be o.k. also. Not everyone can travel on the specific day anyway.

How cool would that be if they decorated the table?? On our honeymoon we went to some Character meals and each one gave us an embossed certificate to commemorate the celebration and had each character there sign it. I'll bet they do this for Birthdays too!

We went last year when dd was almost 2. We picked one day at Disney to celebrate her birthday while we were there. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and all the characters sang and she got a special cupcake. Then we went to the town hall and got a birthday pin and goofy called on the phone to wish her a happy birthday.

She was thrilled! Most of the CM's wished her a happy birthday that day and she got a special birthday desert at Tony's for dinner too!

I wouldn't feel bad about lying. One week is close enough!

Katiebug

How often will you have your daughters birthday party ON her birthday?? If you are like us, not very often. So I say go for it!! and Enjoy!

Tink my best freind has a dd whose b-day is Dec 27 also, she willl be 14 this Dec. My best friend makes sure her Christmas tree is down 12/26. And they always make sure she has a b-day party seperate from the Christmas activities. Seems to be working out okay.

We'll be there a week AFTER DD's 3rd birthday. (How bad is that timing? We have to buy a ticket for her, and we have to get two rooms at ASMu since she'll be over 3!)

Anyway, I'm planning on having one character meal for her bday party. She says she wants it with Mickey, so we'll probably do Chef Mickey's for dinner. We were there for my niece's 6th bday, and Minnie came to our table with a cupcake. (I think it was another CM carrying the cupcake, but Minnie was there.)

We had another niece's 6th bday party at Crystal Palace. They brought her a card signed by all the Pooh characters, and had special confetti all over our table.

I wouldn't worry about it. We'll be there the week after my dds turn 9, and we'll celebrate their birthday there. Most likely at Chef Mickey's or at Donald's at AK. We were there last week for our au pair's 20th. They had a special placemat for her and brought her a cupcake at Chef Mickey's and Chip and Dale did the "napkin song" with her, and at Donald's they gave her a card signed by all the characters and made the restaurant sing "Happy Birthday".

How often do you celebrate a birthday on the "actual day" anyway? My 3 dds b-days are 3/27 and 4/18 and we usually end up having a combined "family" party somewhere in between, and include my niece whose b-day is 4/1.

I hadn't really thought about this. My daughters birthdays were yesterday and our trip is their big birthday present. They have been telling everyone that all month. We are going Sept. 18 about 3 weeks after their birthday, is that too long after the fact to designate one day of our trip as their "birthday day"? It would be great since everything about their birthday turned out Disney this year (Princess EVERYTHING.....) T

could somebody please explain to me wat dh, and dd is? is it da husband, and da daughter, thats all i can come up with? oh definatley celebrate her birthday in disney. No body can through a party better than disney!!!:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :confused: :smooth: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :smooth: :smooth: :tongue: :p :earsgirl: :earsboy: :crazy: :sunny: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :p :o

Sue - A Little Poem for You....

"DH" is Dear Husband
Dear Daughter's "DD",
"DS" is Dear Son,
and DM is -- Dear Me!

We have gone for each of our kids birthdays. They have become pros. As soon as we get to the restaurant they tell them that we are in Disney for their brother/sister's birthday celebration. usually they decorate the table with confetti, streamers, a birthday card is signed. At Liberty Tree Tavern in MK they come out ringing the bell and make a town hall announcement of the birthday celebration and a nice big cake is presented. We shared it with the tables around us and the kids loved it.

:Pinkbounc

Well, last time we went there to celebrate my birthday, my mother suprised me by getting a birthday pin from City Hall (MK) for me. I would reacommend you do get a birthday pin from City Hall.

As for the dining thing, I would tell them that you are there celebrating her birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter