In light of reduced airfares, will Southwest...

lovingthemouse

magic is in the heart of the beholder...
have their friends fly free promotion this year? I keep looking but have not noticed it yet. Would like to use it for this summer to a conference in Tampa and in the fall. Thanks for any response.

I would not be surprised to see it, SWA is doing well. BUT, I used that promo last year and in reality, later fare sales to be much better. My friends waited and got the airfare for about 50. less total.

I used the Friends Fly Free promotion last year with my DH and I just found the "paperwork" and found it was very similar to the fares I got for my Easter flights this year which I booked the day they came out back in December.

It's a crapshoot with airfares now. I think the word is getting out that SWA is one of the most effieciently run airilnes and their fares are good, so I don't think they are going to NEED to offer any promotions this summer, especially since so many airlines are cutting flights!

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

I LUV Southwest for flying around out here on the west coast.

While SW has incredible fares - I usually DON'T find their Friends Fly Free to be a good deal - because the 1st person is paying the FULL fare price and the 2nd person is FREE. A lot of times the promotional or weekly internet fares for 2 people is actaully less then the FFF offers.

While SW has incredible fares - I usually DON'T find their Friends Fly Free to be a good deal - because the 1st person is paying the FULL fare price and the 2nd person is FREE. A lot of times the promotional or weekly internet fares for 2 people is actaully less then the FFF offers.

I completely agree, sometimes it is a great deal, but, more often than not, you can do better by waiting and snagging a better fare. One nice thing, however, is the fact that the person flying for free still gets rapid rewards points. I found that to be excellent.

Right now out of Hartford (BDL) SW price is holding at $212.50 rt. (SW. DL US etc.)
Last year in May my friends booked the FFF fare...I am hoping that it will come out soon again this year.
The current sale prices on SW, the ones advertised on television & the web are ending on April 7th, sooooooo maybe by 4/8 we will see something new!!! :)

A few weeks ago SW had a two day internet special out of BDL for $156.50 rt, and I missed it by a day!! UGH(*^%%!!)
Keeping my fingers crossed for those great fares very soon!!!:Pinkbounc

I JUST got done booking our flights through SW for Aug/Sept. It ended up being $168.50 per person including fees, taxes, etc. I thought it was a really good fare because everything else was almost $200 or more. This will be my first time flying SW but I'm very excited. Now I just have to get to the airport as early as possible so we can get seats together!!

Whoo-hoo...I'm excited!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I spoke with someone in Customer Relations from SW on the phone this afternoon, trying to help one of my employees that has to change his flying date on SW. Well in my conversation with this rep. I asked if SW was going to have the FFF fare again this year and her reply was " I highly doubt it....this year, with the war and all...But you never know."
So, maybe there is still hope...but I am not going to count on it happening. I'm going to look for the best fare next Tuesday and grab it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter