In regards to illness!

jlawall

<font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro
I have been working with children for the last 20+ years and I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH FLU AND ILLNESS WITH my students so..............PLEASE DON'T BLAME DISNEY FOR THE CURRENT OUTBREAKS!....it has been a tough winter and the KIDS ARE SICK THIS YEAR!

SPRING.... we are ready for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

They have been dropping like flies here in Florida also. It's unbelievable how many kids have been out for so many days.

Here in my town, over 100 kids ill at DD's school of 900. The middle school was down 20% and the high school SENT HOME 300 kids on Tues. on top of the ones who called in sick.

This is the worst year ever.

Schools in Massachusetts are seeing the same thing. DS8 was sent home Wednesday afternoon with a cough and fever of 102. Went to the doctor yesterday and confirmed (we thought) the flu. DW had to take him again today and he was diagnosed with pneumonia (sp?). Obviously, whatever this flu bug is, it is not to be fooled with, since he was fine when he went to school Wednesday morning!

Ironically we had a 3 day booked on the Wonder next week (2/20) which we decided to cancel. Good thing, or I would be reading the fine print about how to file an insurance claim.

It's the same here in Ohio. I'm a traveling teacher and 3 of my schools closed from 1-2 days due to illness. Sometimes you just don't know. I have to agree about not blaming disney. How does anyone know if the people are getting sick from something they picked up while on the ship? Perhaps they had been exposed at home and just got sick on board? Could they have picked it up from other passengers who were already sick or who were carriers? It is just like something like chicken pox. Obviously, someone went somewhere while they were contagious, maybe not on purpose, sometimes you don't always know.

We did not personally see any "stomach bug" illness while on the Wonder SS MemberCruise or at WDW afterwards. However upon returning home to NV, DD comes home from school Wed saying 8 of her class of 28 are out sick. Well yesterday it was 11. Today the school calls to come get DD. She has a 100 temp and sore throat . No signs yet of the stomach bug. Fingers crossed.

We blame Disney for not letting us stay longer.;)

We have a high illness rate here in the Philly suburban area. Some flu I think, but many with a fever that lasts around a week. Many of these have a cough with it. My kids have colds now too. It has been a very bad year for illness.

It sounds like it's the same bug all over - NLV seems to have abated. DD8 came down with it on Thursday am, started with about 100 fever, a little cough and a sore throat. Yesterday she was up to 103.8 and we went the the Dr. who said that's the course of the virus and very typical. Poor kid was supposed to be in a dance show tomorrow that's a fundraiser for Make a Wish and unless we have a miracle, she won't be able to participate.

Hmmmm. does this mean and extra year of school with a 50% discount on our school taxes?????????? I think we should DEMAND

Hmmmm. does this mean and extra year of school with a 50% discount on our school taxes?????????? I think we should DEMAND COMPENSATION!!!!! I mean really - we have been planning for a year for the field trip to the bowling alley - now what?? What do you mean 'called to pick up from school'? Confined to home?? Horrors!! Sorry about the tongue in cheek, just couldn't resist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter