In-Room Celebrations- worth it or not? ?

waterbaby2086

Earning My Ears
We are spending Christmas at port Orleans riverside and are looking at doing one of the Christmas themed in-room celebrations as a surprise Christmas eve night. We have 3 kids (a boy and 2 girls) and noticed that the packages pre selected items dont really cater to us having 2 girls and a boy. Can we change items in the packages at all? Also, in general are the in room celebrations worth the price tag or can anyone suggest a more affordable surprise option?

Thanks!

hmm. worth is so subjective. i look at in-room celebrations before almost every visit, and i have yet to book one. to me, a lot of the included items are the kinds of things we enjoy shopping for (picking ears, special stuffed animals, that kind of thing). so for me, it isn’t worth it to have these items delivered for us. and yet i look. i’m not sure what would feel worth it to me, but if i ever see it i would consider a celebration.

if you’re looking to really customize something for your family, there’s a ‘create your own’ option. it might feel like a good balance between personal and a reasonable cost?

I did the romantic one for my hubby and we loved it! It was a wonderful surprise for him and we both enjoyed all of the treats that came with it. The decorators did a fantastic job!

I did the create your own in October. I have teen girls and everything else would have been a waste. This way I picked the container and all the goodies inside. I knew they would love all of it. My only downfall was that it was not in my room when we checked in. So I had to get it from the front desk the next morning. But they loved it and we had multiple people ask us where we got it at breakfast bc it was wrapped up in cellophane and bows. It was super cute!

I did the create your own in October. I have teen girls and everything else would have been a waste. This way I picked the container and all the goodies inside. I knew they would love all of it. My only downfall was that it was not in my room when we checked in. So I had to get it from the front desk the next morning. But they loved it and we had multiple people ask us where we got it at breakfast bc it was wrapped up in cellophane and bows. It was super cute!
They will never deliver it to your room until after you have checked in. What if you went to check in and changed your room?
Denise

A few years ago, I ordered a celebration package for our room for our anniversary. I had thought it would be waiting for us after we got into the room, but instead it was handed to us at the front desk. As Denise said, they have to wait till they have the definite room you will be staying in.

Last Christmas I had ordered the in room celebration for DW and I during our stay at PORS. Though we did enjoy what came with the in-room celebration, I can definitely see how it would not cater to everyone's taste. As others have said, I would recommend creating your own celebration package. At least that way you can have control over what will go into the package. Is it worth the price tag? I would have to say not really. We do have some nice keep sakes that we can put out as decorations for the holiday season, but not enough to justify the high price tag (IMO). If you do choose to do the in room celebration and are flying to WDW, I would highly recommend making sure to have enough room in your luggage. Though I was able to collapse/fit the totes underneath DW and my seat on the plane, it was met with snide comments and "death" stares from the airplane staff. Not a fun experience at all and I am still kicking myself for not being better prepared.

I think a more affordable way would be if you buy the stuff you want in advance, either online or at local stores, and then one parent sets the stuff around the room while the kids are out with the other parent. Then you still get to surprise the kids and you get to choose all your own items, at more reasonable prices.

We are spending Christmas at port Orleans riverside and are looking at doing one of the Christmas themed in-room celebrations as a surprise Christmas eve night. We have 3 kids (a boy and 2 girls) and noticed that the packages pre selected items dont really cater to us having 2 girls and a boy. Can we change items in the packages at all? Also, in general are the in room celebrations worth the price tag or can anyone suggest a more affordable surprise option?

Thanks!

As a pp mentioned, worth is subjective as it's different for everyone. With that said, I just got back from a trip with my 6 yo niece and ordered the Halloween in room celebration for her and she just loved it! They are pricey, but for me, it was totally worth it to see my niece's reaction when we entered the room. I don't think you can modify the packages, but as others have suggested, you can make up your own with things you know your kids would like :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!