In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't bother me at all. Every gym I've ever gone to has had them in the shower and I use them there. I always have to place the different bottles in different places in the shower because I can't read the labels without my glasses so it will certainly help with that.

I wonder if it has something to do with the option to forgo housekeeping for your stay? My hair is long enough that those little bottles don't last long. If I decided to take them up on the no housekeeping offer, I would still be calling every couple days asking for more tiny bottles. This way, there will be plenty even if you're staying for an extended amount of time.

I agree with your point. Besides, as I noted on my previous post, if the wall-mounted bottles hold 10x the capacity of the small bottles, and one guest out of 5 leaves their room with Dasani bottles full of shower gel, shampoo and contitioners, this is going to cost Disney a lot more.

You really think 20% of guests will steal shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner? And, yes, I do think filling a water bottle to take home is stealing.

I wonder if it has something to do with the option to forgo housekeeping for your stay? My hair is long enough that those little bottles don't last long. If I decided to take them up on the no housekeeping offer, I would still be calling every couple days asking for more tiny bottles. This way, there will be plenty even if you're staying for an extended amount of time.
Maybe but I just don't know if that many guests are going to do that. Not for $15 a day. That isn't nearly enough money for me to bother with giving up getting my room straightened up and my trash emptied. I have a feeling that for a huge chunk of guests, it won't be either. But, I'm just guessing.

Maybe but I just don't know if that many guests are going to do that. Not for $15 a day. That isn't nearly enough money for me to bother with giving up getting my room straightened up and my trash emptied. I have a feeling that for a huge chunk of guests, it won't be either. But, I'm just guessing.

Agreed. Plus these have been installed in resorts that are not currently testing the forgo housekeeping nor plan on testing it.

With the amount of guests that thought it was okay to take the decorative pillows and bed runners home as souvenirs, I wouldn't be surprised if 20% is low.

Crazy. But (not that is justifies it), the pillows and bed runners were unique to the hotel (i.e. one couldn't go buy it at a store). The bath products are available for purchase elsewhere - taking them would only be as a money saving venture.

I'm the opposite. I feel like I straighten up for the housekeeper. LOL. Most of our stays now are DVC, but I would definitely take $15 at another resort.

I recently stayed at a high end hotel in Boston that had that set up. I liked it because I could use as much as I wanted (I have thick hair that sucks up shampoo) and the bottles were in a convenient spot with pumps instead of shake or squeeze openings.

I was thinking the same thing. I've stayed at several high-end hotels that have had the wall-mounted dispensers and it doesn't bother me. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I prefer to use my own brand. But my DD usually uses the shampoo and conditioner provided in the rooms. Her hair is so long and thick the bottles provided in hotel rooms are sometimes too small for her so the dispensers will be a plus.

"I hoard them."

That's why.
It was a joke. I was using the word hoard to mean that I save lots of what most people would consider trash. If the little bottles have even a drop of shampoo in them at the end of our trip, I bring them home. They're useful for a single overnight for work or to throw in my gym bag. My entire family shares the one set of tiny bottles on our vacations, so I don't ever bring home full bottles.

Someone posted earlier about the not even having to provide toiletries. I worked at a resort where we switched over to the wall mounts and when the upkeep on them became too much (breakage, leakage, becoming unsightly as they didn't get cleaned well) they eliminated toiletries all together. Hope this does not happen here.

I'm the opposite. I feel like I straighten up for the housekeeper. LOL. Most of our stays now are DVC, but I would definitely take $15 at another resort.
I'm the same way. I end up pseudo making the bed every morning no matter what, but when housekeeping is coming, I always make sure everything is straightened up. Last December, we stayed in a 2 bedroom at Boardwalk on points so Mousekeeping didn't come every day. We had taken my daughter out of school so she had brought a lot of her work with her to do in the mornings, evenings, and during midday breaks. It was nice for her to not have to put her work away each day and instead be able to leave out her little piles of math, science, and English work. I'm more than content to pocket the extra cash and give up daily Mousekeeping.

I also don't mind the change in toiletries. In fact, I prefer it. I'll be able to use more shampoo. As is, it was really hard for all three of us to get in a good shower without running out of shampoo (how families with multiple children do it, I'll never know) and we were really rationing the shampoo and conditioner. Now, we will be able to use a normal amount.

I was thinking while reading all the PP comments about how it was for cheap hotels that I always thought it was just the opposite. That it was something spa or boutique hotels did. Not cheap hotels. I believe these dispensers are a trendy thing now. Part of the whole refill, reuse, reduce waste and all that.

I've only seen it at cheaper hotels such as a Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard Marriott, etc (3-3.5*). I have never seen it at a Kimpton, nor even a regular Hyatt or Hilton or Le Meridien etc, generally 4* and up places.

I have mixed feelings on it. It's a plus if it does reduce waste, but I do feel it's cheap for an expensive room and a little tacky. Just my opinion. I'd rather them leave the little bottles and plant more trees or something :D

I'm the same way. I end up pseudo making the bed every morning no matter what, but when housekeeping is coming, I always make sure everything is straightened up. Last December, we stayed in a 2 bedroom at Boardwalk on points so Mousekeeping didn't come every day. We had taken my daughter out of school so she had brought a lot of her work with her to do in the mornings, evenings, and during midday breaks. It was nice for her to not have to put her work away each day and instead be able to leave out her little piles of math, science, and English work. I'm more than content to pocket the extra cash and give up daily Mousekeeping.

I also don't mind the change in toiletries. In fact, I prefer it. I'll be able to use more shampoo. As is, it was really hard for all three of us to get in a good shower without running out of shampoo (how families with multiple children do it, I'll never know) and we were really rationing the shampoo and conditioner. Now, we will be able to use a normal amount.
Yep, I fix the bed, clear he toiletries off of the sink, clean off the table area.

UPDATE: This is a trial in building 14 at POR. It will be interesting to see if this they believe this is a good model to implement at all resorts.
I hope they give this a really long trial run before making a decision. Give them time to get used and abused and build up "gunk" and see how much extra effort it requires to keep them cleaned and maintained. They are already struggling with having enough time to give the rooms a good cleaning. Are they going to allow extra time for these?

If they can keep these cleaned and properly filled with non-diluted product, I think I would be OK with them. But that might be asking more of housekeeping than they can deliver.

I guess we will see...

I hope they give this a really long trial run before making a decision. Give them time to get used and abused and build up "gunk" and see how much extra effort it requires to keep them cleaned and maintained. They are already struggling with having enough time to give the rooms a good cleaning. Are they going to allow extra time for these?

If they can keep these cleaned and properly filled with non-diluted product, I think I would be OK with them. But that might be asking more of housekeeping than they can deliver.

I guess we will see...
I have similar thoughts about the no-housekeeping offer
They may well be expecting way too much out of their guests that take them up on the offer
Trash build up can lead to nothing good. And if Disney thinks they have guests that won't let trash build up, they are sorely mistaken
While it wouldn't impact me directly if this became a widespread practice it could well cause issues that spill over to all rooms
And dealing with that may well require more effort than they are saving by not cleaning up daily.

They don't bother me at all. Every gym I've ever gone to has had them in the shower and I use them there. I always have to place the different bottles in different places in the shower because I can't read the labels without my glasses so it will certainly help with that.

That is me, exactly. Shampoo to the left, conditioner to the right.

I know. I was also thinking that many spas use them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter