In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted earlier about the not even having to provide toiletries. I worked at a resort where we switched over to the wall mounts and when the upkeep on them became too much (breakage, leakage, becoming unsightly as they didn't get cleaned well) they eliminated toiletries all together. Hope this does not happen here.
This is exactly what I believe will happen, not eliminating them but, they are not going to be cleaned well or kept up with and I will be reading a bunch of posts about how nasty the bottles were in their rooms shower. Mousekeeping will have to wipe down each bottle and especially the ledge they are sitting on, and I do not see that happening.

I always use my own toiletries due to brand preference and crazy hair and skin. However, I like to bring a set of the bottles home for our guest bath. I hope they decide this won't work!

I'm not sure about something: to those who think soap dispensers will get messy over time, what do you use to clean your bath?

To me, soap is already effective at cleaning, by breaking oil-water bonds. Using disinfectants on all surfaces would only strenghtens the most resistant bacteries and germs, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure about something: to those who think soap dispensers will get messy over time, what do you use to clean your bath?

To me, soap is already effective at cleaning, by breaking oil-water bonds. Using disinfectants on all surfaces would only strenghtens the most resistant bacteries and germs, wouldn't it?

Soap scum comes to mind.

Other peoples hair etc. Do I need to say any more.

There is no way the entire contents of each bottle will completely turn over -- those are going to be filled with caked-on, bacteria-laden ancient year-old conditioner remnants. The lids will be embedded with mold. There will be no way to completely clean them all the way around - especially given Disney's understaffed housekeeper situation. Even if you bring your own shampoo and conditioner, I would be horrified to brush up against one of those in my shower. I cannot overstate how much this skeeves me.

There is no way the entire contents of each bottle will completely turn over -- those are going to be filled with caked-on, bacteria-laden ancient year-old conditioner remnants. The lids will be embedded with mold. There will be no way to completely clean them all the way around - especially given Disney's understaffed housekeeper situation. Even if you bring your own shampoo and conditioner, I would be horrified to brush up against one of those in my shower. I cannot overstate how much this skeeves me.
Common sense tells you they will not leave bottles in there for a year. Look at the set up again. The bottles can be replaced. They will not be as much waste as the travel size bottles are.

Most of the designs I've seen consist of some kind of sealed packaging that goes inside the larger bottle, fixed on the wall.
I'm not even sure other models exist, would you really imagine housekeeping traveling around with 100 lbs tanks?

I wonder if it has something to do with the option to forgo housekeeping for your stay? My hair is long enough that those little bottles don't last long. If I decided to take them up on the no housekeeping offer, I would still be calling every couple days asking for more tiny bottles. This way, there will be plenty even if you're staying for an extended amount of time.

This would definitely make me more likely to take that option if it is offered. I keep our room tidy enough that daily housekeeping isn't necessary at all, but daily shampoo replenishment absolutely is.

With the amount of guests that thought it was okay to take the decorative pillows and bed runners home as souvenirs, I wouldn't be surprised if 20% is low.

Yeah, but those things can go through airport security. Dasani bottles of shampoo and conditioner can't. A few guests might plan ahead enough to bring empty travel-sized containers but most won't, and the restrictions and potential mess of traveling with liquids will limit how "steal-able" bulk toiletries will actually be.

We bring our own shampoo and body wash etc. and also our own hand soap pumps (usually B&BW) to use in the room. I haven't used shared bar soap to wash my hands since I was a kid. Before household soap pumps were invented, lol. So I like the more hygienic idea of the hand soap dispenser, so I don't have to bring my own. I won't use their shampoo or body wash in a dispenser. This is definitely a cost savings for Disney if implemented, no doubt.

Last edited:
We had these at a (nice) resort we stayed at during spring break (not in FL) I liked them. I find those little bottles kind of annoying. It's hard for me to get enough out especially for shampoo as I have long thick hair. They've been in gyms forever. I'm the biggest germophobe on earth and I never thought about the possible ick factor.

I've never seen ones like that though where the pump stays in place and the bottom gets replaced...not sure what I think about that

Most of the designs I've seen consist of some kind of sealed packaging that goes inside the larger bottle, fixed on the wall.
I'm not even sure other models exist, would you really imagine housekeeping traveling around with 100 lbs tanks?

The only time we've ever experienced these kinds of wall soap dispensers so far is at Great Wolf Lodge. The soap gets poured right into the plastic dispenser. No sealed packaging. And housekeeping has large multi gallon jugs of refill soap in their carts, we've seen them. No 100lb tanks that's for sure.

Hands that are washed in public then rewashed when returning to room are one thing. Eyes, lips and private areas washed with communal dispensers are a whole differant thing. Yuck. Not for me.

But those hands touch your face, eyes, mouth and even your private areas throughout the day and on your subsequent bathroom visits after using that communal bathroom soap. And you hands touch far FAR worse things than communal soap and shampoo all day long at the parks. Its just an irrational hangup worrying about sharing shampoo and conditioner... Though I suppose I can commiserate. I too suffer from GAD and have my own irrational hangups and fears. I guess you'll just have to roll like we do and bring your own shampoo and stuff from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter