In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But those hands touch your face, eyes, mouth and even your private areas throughout the day and on your subsequent bathroom visits after using that communal bathroom soap. And you hands touch far FAR worse things than communal soap and shampoo all day long at the parks. Its just an irrational hangup worrying about sharing shampoo and conditioner... Though I suppose I can commiserate. I too suffer from GAD and have my own irrational hangups and fears. I guess you'll just have to roll like we do and bring your own shampoo and stuff from home.
(Boy people get nasty here. )

(Boy people get nasty here. )

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have worded it that way (with the word "too"). Didn't mean to imply you had GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) like me. You should see how we "sanitize" our hotel room when we check in LOL. It's rather comical...and in the grand scheme, I know, pointless as I will undoubtedly touch so much more terrible things throughout my day at the parks. Yet I still do it. It makes me feel more at ease.

Luckily, though, if the idea of using the dispenser type shampoo and such in your resort room bathroom is truly off putting, one can avoid it by bringing their own. I wouldn't use the communal shampoo in the resort room but it's because I like my brand.

Honestly...those shampoo bottles are likely cleaner than the public restrooms, hand rails, ride vehicles, tapstiles, and zillions of other things you touch on a daily basis at Disney.

I'm semi-crazy about sanitation. I used to be worse. I bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the table and high chair for my toddler whenever we go out to eat. I use hand sanitizer on him and on myself at restaurants. I also put hand sanitizer on him in the car if we've been somewhere I consider dirty (library, playground, etc.). Despite all of my precautions, he was hospitalized back in May (just for 1 day, thank goodness) due to a respiratory infection he picked up in, you guessed it, Disney World! After that experience, I really can't get hung up on things like shampoo bottles because I've come to grips with the fact that I can't prevent every infection no matter what I do.

Yeah ..... I'm deciding on whether I should pack spray foam clorox or a plastic bag to tie over the thing and forget about it. No doubt in my mind these things are not going to be well cleaned or disinfected based on overall cleanliness of rooms/bathrooms. That chrome and pump head is going to need lots of attention to be kept clean. I'm thinking it will get some water sprayed on it and that is it.

All I visualize is guests washing themselves, reaching up for more soap, washing themselves ... lather and repeat. Yeah, no, I am not touching them.

And I have no doubt that guests will pump the last bit out of them into their own bottles. There is a REASON we always got small bottles ... that it's enough for one day, no more. Offering up folks a week's supply at once ... sadly that will flow quickly. There is a reason when they tried this before, they ended up taking them out.

There is nothing new under the Sun----who remembers when the Values had the Shower Soap/Shampoo Dispensers?

Those things were hideous-the soap and shampoo came in plastic bags.

Yup. Didn't use them. And it didn't work out so they took them out. AND those had less working parts than these pump style.

We're staying at POR in November. I'm really hoping these are installed before our trip. If they are we won't be carrying our own shampoos, conditioners etc. With the individual bottles there are not enough for a family to use so we have always traveled with our own full size bottles. I'll take advantage if it's there!

We're staying at POR in November. I'm really hoping these are installed before our trip. If they are we won't be carrying our own shampoos, conditioners etc. With the individual bottles there are not enough for a family to use so we have always traveled with our own full size bottles. I'll take advantage if it's there!

While I do realize the added convenience some may have with fixed wall dispensers, do not forget that you can always call Housekeeping to ask for more bottles, go ask front desk or ask any Housekeeping CM you see in the hotel.

While I do realize the added convenience some may have with fixed wall dispensers, do not forget that you can always call Housekeeping to ask for more bottles, go ask front desk or ask any Housekeeping CM you see in the hotel.
I know I'm whining, but that's annoying. Even when all of our little bottles are the only thing in the trash that housekeeping dumps out for us, they don't replace the ones in the shower! I have to call. It gets old day after day. Last spring I finally placed a call to housekeeping and asked them to make a note to replace our toiletries every day. Does this only happen to us? From these posts I get the feeling that everyone's toiletries are replaced daily.

The larger communal bottles would solve my problem for sure, but I just want my vacation to feel like a vacation. I'm not at the gym, don't make me feel guilty for it by putting large pump bottles in the shower!

I know I'm whining, but that's annoying. Even when all of our little bottles are the only thing in the trash that housekeeping dumps out for us, they don't replace the ones in the shower! I have to call. It gets old day after day. Last spring I finally placed a call to housekeeping and asked them to make a note to replace our toiletries every day. Does this only happen to us? From these posts I get the feeling that everyone's toiletries are replaced daily.

The larger communal bottles would solve my problem for sure, but I just want my vacation to feel like a vacation. I'm not at the gym, don't make me feel guilty for it by putting large pump bottles in the shower!

Wow, we always get ours replaced other than a couple days we didn't get housekeeping (we were resting). We usually only need half a bottle (we do bring some personal) I put the unused ones in my bag. Very often when they see them gone they actual start leaving me double. One recent trip we were left 2 per day the entire trip.

Wow, we always get ours replaced other than a couple days we didn't get housekeeping (we were resting). We usually only need half a bottle (we do bring some personal) I put the unused ones in my bag. Very often when they see them gone they actual start leaving me double. One recent trip we were left 2 per day the entire trip.
Like I thought, it's just us! LOL. I do bring a bottle of allergy-safe shampoo for one of my kids. I've wondered if housekeeping sees that (medium sized bottle) and assumes we don't need extra.

Like I thought, it's just us! LOL. I do bring a bottle of allergy-safe shampoo for one of my kids. I've wondered if housekeeping sees that (medium sized bottle) and assumes we don't need extra.

Could be or thinks you aren't using Disney's at all. They still should leave it, we often take extras home for the nieces.

The one we bring we put in a travel unmarked container so they don't know what it is.

Well, I never use the shampoo either so its no big deal....my husband will use anything though! I just liked the old Mickey ears. And I agree....a whole lot less waste! and certainly less expensive.

Can you currently get more of the small bottles if you run out? I

Of course.

In the past, I've had to buy the larger bottles in the souvenir shop (we go carry-on only on flights).

Depending on what else is going on your carryon "311 liquids baggies" you could also bring 100ml containers with decanted shampoo in them. Or couldnhabe briught empties to decant what you purchased to take home.

I don't see how this is going to be a cost-saver.

They look much smaller than the large Dasani bottles that I carry with me, just in case, when I'm having a shower.

Lol.

"I hoard them."

That's why.

But it isn't. They aren't leaving half empty mini bottles in the room. They are replacing them. So taking it home or using and leaving, doesn't matter. It's being replaced.

Plus...http://thekingdominsider.com/happens-leftover-unused-toiletries-disney-world-hotels/

Maybe but I just don't know if that many guests are going to do that. Not for $15 a day. That isn't nearly enough money for me to bother with giving up getting my room straightened up and my trash emptied. I have a feeling that for a huge chunk of guests, it won't be either. But, I'm just guessing.

Ah see I've been leaving my room messy and not having anyone come in for free! I'll take $15 per day.

Yeah, but those things can go through airport security. Dasani bottles of shampoo and conditioner can't. A few guests might plan ahead enough to bring empty travel-sized containers but most won't, and the restrictions and potential mess of traveling with liquids will limit how "steal-able" bulk toiletries will actually be.

You can put them into checked luggage...

I hate to admit it :o but since I really don't think there is much of a germ factor with the soap and shampoo, I'd be the one bringing full size empty bottles and filling them up. I fly Southwest so I'd just check another bag coming home. :rolleyes1

I just think they'll become unsightly if not kept up properly.

This is just keeping up with trends in hotel management.

I have seen this set-up or similar in hotels in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Denver, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Miami, Berlin, Paris, London. All nicer, well reviewed places including Hilton, Sheraton, Leading Hotels of the World and high end Strip hotels in Vegas.

This system looks like the bottles will be replaced with each refill instead of the other method of filling with larger containers. I hope this sticks, it is better for the environment and it means that all classes of hotels on property will get the same stuff instead of the garbage they give to values/mods.

But I bring my own stuff anyways, I like my own brands.

I've stayed in nice hotels and have never seen a set up like this. It looks like the bottles will have to be replaced and not the pumps. I have problems with pumps clogging at home and I can see that happing with these as well. Will they still have hand soap at the sink? I hope they don't put these in the deluxe resorts. I already bring my mini keruig and mugs because I don't know how often they throughly clean the pod machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter