In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

BOG. People go nuts over it. We had lunch there once, and I'm over it. It is a beautiful space, but there was nothing about the meal that I particularly enjoyed. I will take Cosmic Rays, or Columbia Harbor House any day over BOG.

Peter Pan. We always ride when we're in DL or WDW because its a classic, but for me it just isn't that remarkably different from other classic dark rides that don't draw the same crazy wait times.

Also, the Contemporary. I was excited to see it because it seems like so many people love it, but I felt like I was in an airport. Didn't get it at all.
Mainly due to capacity. Pirates and HM do like 4x the throughput of Peter Pan per hour.

Sit down dinners inside theme parks are overrated to me. I'm paying $100+ to get in only to take 2 hours to spend $150 for my family to stuff themselves to the point they have to go back to the room to sleep off the food. Counter serve options are solid at Disney at a lower cost, and it keeps my family moving. Sit down dinners can happen at Disney Springs or outside the park, with better quality and much lower prices.

Mainly due to capacity. Pirates and HM do like 4x the throughput of Peter Pan per hour.
Exactly. The Peter Pan ride is liked well enough by many, but the line is usually so long only because the low throughput of the ride system and its location right in the heart of Fantasyland.

Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid probably has an hourly ride capacity around 3 times that of Peter Pan. If you magically swapped the locations and the hourly ride capacities of these 2 attractions, you would see the Little Mermaid would be the ride with a 90 minute wait and Peter Pan would have the 20 minute wait.

Test track.

I just haven't really enjoyed it since the last re-do. And it's the second highest rated attraction at Epcot according to touringplans.

I don't really hate anything! Here in California I LOVE POTC...not so much in Florida! I'm just used to having the two drops and the burning logs plus the lay out is a bit different. Although I understand why they did it that way. I love pretty much everything accept all the walking!lol

Is the biggest difference between the two versions the extra drop?

Parades and Dole Whips :duck:

I don't mind parades but the angst and drama of getting the "perfect viewing spot 2 hours early" and the rants about other people makes me avoid them probably 90% of the time. Then even the ones I watch are okay but nothing worth killing that much time or fighting the crowds for.

Parades and Dole Whips :duck:

I don't mind parades but the angst and drama of getting the "perfect viewing spot 2 hours early" and the rants about other people makes me avoid them probably 90% of the time. Then even the ones I watch are okay but nothing worth killing that much time or fighting the crowds for.

This is us as well. We can take it or leave it when it comes to parades, so we definitely aren't the get a good spot 2 hours early type people at all. If we happen upon a parade and have a half decent vantage point, then we'll watch it. Last year during the daytime parade at MK we ended up in the middle of the hub as the parade was coming into view. People were 4 and 5 deep at the curbs, but the middle of the hub was empty. We stood there and watched the parade and had an excellent view.

CRT - maybe because it was so hyped it failed to live up to the over the top expectations
Ohanas - it was just ok - the fact that I can get the bread pudding next door at Konas makes it less of a thing
POTC - admittedly spoiled having gone to Disneyland now
Illuminations - my wife loves it, I do not.

Sit down dinners inside theme parks are overrated to me. I'm paying $100+ to get in only to take 2 hours to spend $150 for my family to stuff themselves to the point they have to go back to the room to sleep off the food. Counter serve options are solid at Disney at a lower cost, and it keeps my family moving. Sit down dinners can happen at Disney Springs or outside the park, with better quality and much lower prices.
I guess it just depends on your family food priorities. We literally will plan vacations around meal times and trying out restaurants. It's just something we all really enjoy. But I can see how it wouldn't be something you want to spend time on if that isn't your focus for sure.

I would have to say the weather. I keep on hearing my friends talk about how much they love the warm sunny weather down in Disney World. I always say "Are you kidding me?" The sunshine is great don't get me wrong but the heat that comes with it literally makes me sick. I can only handle so much sunshine assaulting me. Its like wrapping your self in a wet blanket and then crawling into an oven. I hate to say it but we are actually not coming back in 2018. Instead we are planning a Disney Cruise or an Aulani trip. Im afraid the magic is gone.

Illuminations--unless it's changed from when we were there 3 years ago. Any parade (we're not parade people), Journey Into Imagination--hate I have to put it here, but the original was better :sail:

I am yet to visit Pandora, but I completely agree. From the moment I learned that they were building a whole land based on Avatar I did not understand why. I still have not even seen the movie and the fact that there is a whole land at Disney World does not make me want to see the movie either. I will go to Pandora when I have the chance and I am sure that I will think it is pretty and interesting because it is new, but I still think it was a strange decision on Disney's part to spend that much time and money on an entity that does not have much of a cult following.
We haven't seen it either and it may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lol when I tell my DBF about it he asks why did they build a land based on Avatar, that movie came out years ago :joker: I still look forward to seeing it though, but I've always wondered what Beastly Kingdom would've been like had they gone ahead with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter