Included and Extra Cost for CocoCay 2019

My two cents: very disappointed. Very expensive. At this point, I may cancel the cruise as it was my main reason to book.

EDIT: My husband said we'll keep it... because we booked it non-refundable! LOL

Last edited:
It's pretty much what I expected tbh, given the overpriced excursions they offer at Labadee. I don't know that it's much different from the idea of the cruise port resorts, except that RCI gets all the money. And it probably costs more.

Personally I'm not that fussed about doing Perfect Day (if we ever go to CocoCay). But we have season passes to Canada's Wonderland, so we can get our waterslide fix there. And I feel like the port resorts will provide better value at a lower price. So should we ever stop at CocoCay, it's probably the basics for me.

It's pretty much what I expected tbh, given the overpriced excursions they offer at Labadee. I don't know that it's much different from the idea of the cruise port resorts, except that RCI gets all the money. And it probably costs more.

Personally I'm not that fussed about doing Perfect Day (if we ever go to CocoCay). But we have season passes to Canada's Wonderland, so we can get our waterslide fix there. And I feel like the port resorts will provide better value at a lower price. So should we ever stop at CocoCay, it's probably the basics for me.

Silly me, I thought they were just going to make the price of the cruises a bit higher... But it's okay. I've always said I liked options...And we have a lot of options there. Even "half days" which I appreciate.

The sad part is that they probably WILL make the prices higher if you go to CocoCay. "Port Maintenance" or some other plausible-yet-dodgy reason.

I haven't booked a cruise to Coco Cay yet. My son really wants to go, and I know he will want the full day at the waterpark, with the zipline if I'll let him :) Makes it a bit more expensive than our last time there when we just rented a floating mat. I am torn on which ship to take, if I go on a smaller one such as Mariner of the Seas there will be less people on the beach etc. But the Harmony will be porting out of Port Canaveral and has Coco Cay as a stop on most of it's cruises, we'd like to try a big ship, so I could kill two birds with one stone? But I think it would be really busy on the small island with all the people! We were there on Majesty of the Seas, which is not that many people and it was really lovely and uncrowded.

I haven't booked a cruise to Coco Cay yet. My son really wants to go, and I know he will want the full day at the waterpark, with the zipline if I'll let him :) Makes it a bit more expensive than our last time there when we just rented a floating mat. I am torn on which ship to take, if I go on a smaller one such as Mariner of the Seas there will be less people on the beach etc. But the Harmony will be porting out of Port Canaveral and has Coco Cay as a stop on most of it's cruises, we'd like to try a big ship, so I could kill two birds with one stone? But I think it would be really busy on the small island with all the people! We were there on Majesty of the Seas, which is not that many people and it was really lovely and uncrowded.

Take a look at the Mariner! It's the one we booked. It looks amazing and they are adding a lot of fun stuff on it! (And that dining room...Wow!!!!)

I was hoping to try a big ship too but that offer seemed too good and I couldn't say no to such a low price.

The sad part is that they probably WILL make the prices higher if you go to CocoCay. "Port Maintenance" or some other plausible-yet-dodgy reason.

Jiminy Cricket, I keep reading that people would like RCCL to be more like DCL, well..... charge them and they will come. :duck:

Take a look at the Mariner! It's the one we booked. It looks amazing and they are adding a lot of fun stuff on it! (And that dining room...Wow!!!!)

I was hoping to try a big ship too but that offer seemed too good and I couldn't say no to such a low price.

I just booked a 2020 Mariner for 4 nights from Port Canaveral since it was a good deal. I wouldn't be surprised if RCCL winds up reducing prices with a better special before we cruise. Have an Oasis 7 night this November that we initially booked in 2016 and the price has come down 3 times since booking.

CocoCay is one of the port of calls for my Harmony cruise in December 2019. As I am not a water park person, I am not planning to purchase any of the new amenities or excursions offered, although I am really curious to see the final product which will be completed by my cruise. I am planning to walk around, take a ton of photos, eat the cruise-inclusive buffet, snorkel with my own gear, and relax at the beach :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter