Increase in Tambu Lounge secret menu Ohana dishes

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Anyone else spot this?
We were going to hit Tambu Lounge for the noodles, skewer and bread pudding to share instead of booking Ohana... I don't know whether my spidey sense tingled but I then booked Ohana, to find a couple of days later the secret menu noodles at TL are now at I think $9 and the bread pudding has gone from $6 to $12!
Thoughts?

Yes. The Disney Food Blog did a feature on it yesterday. What “thoughts” are you looking for? A big increase

The bread pudding was underpriced at $6 with the huge portions we always received. If the portions remain huge, I will continue to order it at $12, although obviously, nobody likes a price increase. I’d still pick Tambu over Ohana though.

I’m still unsure how to answer you . I would likely choose Ohana
Then that is a valid choice. Some people myself included would have viewed the small portions served in tambu lounge as enough to get a taste of ohana, especially when ddp credits are limited. Good to know 😊

The bread pudding was underpriced at $6 with the huge portions we always received. If the portions remain huge, I will continue to order it at $12, although obviously, nobody likes a price increase. I’d still pick Tambu over Ohana though.
Thank you for the feedback on the portion sizes! Maybe one to share then? We happened to have the capacity to shuffle out adrs but if we hadn't the plan was to sample the ohana cuisine at tambu lounge.
Maybe it doesn't seem like a big price increase but this will likely be our last trip to DW and the list of things over the 2 weeks we want to do is gargantuan... ogas cantina, trader Sam's, build a droid, eat at cali grill, try the bacon and eggs at the wave... I have a list as long as my very long arm and every time something on my list gets more expensive it becomes a 'what can we get rid of' discussion...
You can't do DW in 2 weeks to last you forever, but it's worth a try!

Thank you for the feedback on the portion sizes! Maybe one to share then? We happened to have the capacity to shuffle out adrs but if we hadn't the plan was to sample the ohana cuisine at tambu lounge.
Maybe it doesn't seem like a big price increase but this will likely be our last trip to DW and the list of things over the 2 weeks we want to do is gargantuan... ogas cantina, trader Sam's, build a droid, eat at cali grill, try the bacon and eggs at the wave... I have a list as long as my very long arm and every time something on my list gets more expensive it becomes a 'what can we get rid of' discussion...
I mean, it’s a huge price increase, no doubt, but it’s popular and it was a great deal. I still think the Ohana food will be popular to order at the bar, even with the price increase. When my husband and I go, we share potstickers, wings and bread Pudding.

I mean, it’s a huge price increase, no doubt, but it’s popular and it was a great deal. I still think the Ohana food will be popular to order at the bar, even with the price increase. When my husband and I go, we share potstickers, wings and bread Pudding.
What are your favourite items? Cooking from an ohana newbie 😊

It went from a good deal to a ripoff, basically. I don't think I'll be back for the bread pudding at $12 (it wasn't as good as the one at Raglan Road, anyway). I'm also usually only at the Poly to go to Trader Sam's.

$6 for the bread pudding was an excellent deal, and at that price, I would order a drink to go with it.

$12 is way too much, and I won't be going there anymore for that. At $8 or even $9, I can chalk it up to normal price increases. $12 I can't do. A 100% price increase doesn't impress me.

why is it your last trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter