Incredible new scooters we beta tested at Walker Mobility

NYCrules

Mouseketeer
Greetings everyone! My wife and I were "beta testers" for Walker Mobility's new scooters The Double Whammy and Triple Lindy. My wife used the Whammy in Pink and I used the Triple Lindy. During our week at Disney World and Universal we got plenty of envious looks and questions from other scooter users "where did you get those?" "how much power? And especially "where can I get the cell phone holder?"

We'd been sworn to secrecy and told them to check the Disboards and scooter rental vendors for new products.

Now we can go public with the scooters and our experience using them for a week.

Both models have more than enough power to last all day into night, charge them when you're "in" for the night and you'll be good to go the next morning.

Both have cell phone holders mounted on steering column for easy screen use. The front basket is big and easy to use while sitting in the scooter..Great feature!

The release is easy to get to for getting on/off rides trouble free.

Power comes from two 45 amp batteries so we never had any problem.

Both were simple to transport and light enough to be manageable.

Both are waterproof, have a very handy USB port to charge cell phones or any other USB device and the "key" is a Guitar style amp plug very easy to use.

We found both to be very comfortable, easy to maneuver and beautiful machines.

We will be going back to Orlando in July and already have our two reserved for the parks and a 4-day cruise from Port Canaveral. Check them out at Walker Mobility.

Take care and happy vacationing. NYCRules...
here's a pic from their webste.

Attachments

• 3scooters.jpg
    3scooters.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
Don't like the cellphone holder - too easy to become a distracted driver in my opinion. Also is an easy snatch and run location for it. The rest looks okay, the double battery sounds good as long as they are newish.
Unfortunately they are almost necessary in the parks, but I don't like the placement on these.

I do like the foot brake release though, but yikes those prices are high!

I will admit I don't like the guitar amp keys, I have seen way too many problems with them. There is a reason that Disney has switched away from them after all.

But for me personally, the deal breaker on these are the thumb controls, unfortunately I have problems with them as the day goes along, but that is a personal issue, some may do better with them than the alternatives.

We have used Walker in the past and they had decent service, but really Gold Mobility puts them (and everyone else) to shame. But really this looks like another great option and competition is always a good thing, keeps everyone on their toes and benefits the consumer in the end. So please don't take this as bashing Walker and saying Gold Mobility is great, both have their place and you have to go with what works for you. I am just letting people know my initial thoughts after looking at these.

Last edited:

Does anyone know what company makes these? They don't list the manufacturer on the website.

Does anyone know what company makes these? They don't list the manufacturer on the website.
Looking as deep as I can, it appears that they may actually be custom built just for them. I am sure they are making them themselves, but I honestly can say I have no clue who is manufacturing them.

It looks like a "Ranger" mobility scooter, but they went out of business years ago. I don't know either.

Looking as deep as I can, it appears that they may actually be custom built just for them. I am sure they are making them themselves, but I honestly can say I have no clue who is manufacturing them.

The photos in the first post are below about the new Walker Mobility mobility scooters.

3scooters-jpg.388024

I found the following website about an older Ranger company mobility scooter that looks similar below. But this company called Ranger is no longer in existence. They do look similar. I guess a new company is making something similar as far as the batteries, but the tiller hand grip uses the old style among other things.

https://www.scooterlink.com/product.cfm?p=Ranger-Safari-3-Wheel-Electric-Scooter-380116&id=777

03.2%20-%20Solo%20HD%20032613.jpg

The Heavy-duty Ranger Solo electric scooter is one of the best combinations of strength, power, and maneuverability on the market today. It’s easy to operate and the frame separates in seconds with the pull of a handle for quick and easy loading. The fully variable speed control provides smooth starting and stopping, a dial control allows you to set your maximum speed, and the Electro-magnetic brake comes on automatically when you stop and releases when you start up again. With control at your fingertips, the four positive locking tiller positions provide easy access and a comfortable ride. The 24 volt DC motor combined with rear wheel drive provides the power to get you where you want to go and is equipped with added special gearing to give the rider 20% more power. The Heavy-duty Ranger Solo electric scooter goes where you go!

Specifications
  • Weight Capacity: 450 lbs.
  • Maximum Speed: 4 mph
  • Turning Radius: 34"
  • Ground Clearance: 4"
  • Range of Travel: 15-20 Miles
  • Overall Length: 45.5"
  • Overall Width: 24"
  • Seat Width: 21"
  • Seat Depth: 17"
  • Front Wheels: 9" X 3 1/2"
  • Rear Wheels: 10" X 3"
  • Heaviest Piece: 42 lbs. (Rear Assembly Unit)
  • Breaks Down: 4 pieces
  • Total Weight w/Batteries: 166 lbs.
  • Motor Type: 24 Volt DC
  • Charger: Off Board
  • Controller: 70amp
  • Seat to Floor Measurement: Lowest Setting 23"/ Highest Setting 26"
  • Largest Battery Available: U-1 35 AMP
  • Warranty: One Year Parts Only Warranty
  • Degree of Incline: 6 degrees

This is all that I could find so far. Google mostly shows parts for the no longer made Ranger Safari.

It is always good to have new choices for mobility devices and competition among different companies.

Last edited:

Yea, distracted driving with the cell phone right there.

Since I no longer work, I haven't had as many close calls with car drivers on their phone. When at WDW, I just use my phone, but I don't have a holder on my wheelchair. I did buy one of those lanyards with a waterproof plastic cover when it rains, but it is difficult to type through the plastic cover sometimes.

Yea, distracted driving with the cell phone right there.
Only if you let it be distracting, don't use it while driving and you are good. The cellphone holder on the Gold Mobility scooter was nice, as I wasn't worried about my phone falling out of my pocket, which is indeed an issue for me. Honestly, my screen is blank unless an alert comes in and then I can pull off to the side and deal with it if necessary or ignore it and keep going. Honestly, no different than a holder in my car aside from the fact that my car has bluetooth and far less distracting than most radios these days.

wow! didn't expect some many responses. The cell phone holder was not any sort of distraction for me or my wife, used only used it for ride times and park maps. You just need to use "common sense," if you let it BE distracting it could be. When on vacation we just use them as needed, it costs too much for park passes than to spend lotsa time on the phone or internet anyway, maps and ride "time" alerts are handy and save time and waiting. I also lost an iphone 2 yaers ago, slipped out of my pocket and I did not realise it until I went to check epoct map and phone was gone ($600 mistake).
Not sure who makes the scooters but didn't see anything else in Disney or Universal that even came close. I used a Pride Ranger a few yaers back and just no comparision with these, Ranger was ok but these are so much better. Ranger is ike a subcompact car and these are like luxury seden...thanks for all the responses and hope this other info helps.

Thank you NYCrules for posting your experience.

wow! didn't expect some many responses. The cell phone holder was not any sort of distraction for me or my wife, used only used it for ride times and park maps. You just need to use "common sense," if you let it BE distracting it could be. When on vacation we just use them as needed, it costs too much for park passes than to spend lotsa time on the phone or internet anyway, maps and ride "time" alerts are handy and save time and waiting. I also lost an iphone 2 yaers ago, slipped out of my pocket and I did not realise it until I went to check epoct map and phone was gone ($600 mistake).
Not sure who makes the scooters but didn't see anything else in Disney or Universal that even came close. I used a Pride Ranger a few yaers back and just no comparision with these, Ranger was ok but these are so much better. Ranger is ike a subcompact car and these are like luxury seden...thanks for all the responses and hope this other info helps.

The Victory10 from Gold Mobility is my preference, but I like its controls over the ones on these, again personal preference there, nothing more, nothing less.

I like the Victory 10 as well but the Lindy provided much longer and stable power. Met with some friends the 3rd day and his "Vic" was slowing down by the time we went to the Epcot fireworks.

Hi, NYCrules. I see the Triple Lindy has a weight capacity of 450-lbs and the Pride Victory 10 has a weight capacity of 400-lbs.

I still can't find out who makes the Triple Lindy with a weight capacity of 450-lbs using Google search except for your post. I have always been curious who the new manufacturer is now.

The Victory 10 is made by Pride Mobility and has a driving range of 15.50 miles and uses batteries of 40-Amps.

I see the Triple Lindy uses batteries of 48-Amps.

Does anyone know who makes the Triple Lindy for Walker Mobility Scooters?

I presume the Triple Lindy's larger batteries using 48-Amps increases the weight capacity to 450-lbs.

The Pride Victory 10's batteries use 40-Amp batteries with lesser weight capacity to 400-lbs.

I wonder if both mobility scooters traveled the same distance over three days and how old the Pride Victory 10 batteries were which might affect the recharging if it was using older batteries that had some dead cell that wouldn't recharge.

When I was a newbie with my first mobility scooter, after a couple of years, my batteries didn't last at long, but they still charged to 100%. I didn't realize at the time that it was only reading the working battery cells and not the dead cells. That was also the reason it charged using fewer hours because it only had to charge the working cells.

Of course, I was at MK when my batteries went from 50% charge to 0% charged in a matter of minutes. Lesson learned for me.

But that was over a decade ago and all the new technology is continuing to improve.

I have bought a new folding electric wheelchair that is lighter and drives further and charges in less time since it uses two Lithium-Ion batteries that only weigh 2-3-lbs. each. That still amazes me to this day.

I like the Victory 10 as well but the Lindy provided much longer and stable power. Met with some friends the 3rd day and his "Vic" was slowing down by the time we went to the Epcot fireworks.

Well honestly, the Victory 10 from Gold Mobility lasted all day without dropping a single light (except Animal Kingdom), granted they use an extended range battery, but still works for me.

Hi, NYCrules. I see the Triple Lindy has a weight capacity of 450-lbs and the Pride Victory 10 has a weight capacity of 400-lbs.

I still can't find out who makes the Triple Lindy with a weight capacity of 450-lbs using Google search except for your post. I have always been curious who the new manufacturer is now.

The Victory 10 is made by Pride Mobility and has a driving range of 15.50 miles and uses batteries of 40-Amps.

I see the Triple Lindy uses batteries of 48-Amps.

Does anyone know who makes the Triple Lindy for Walker Mobility Scooters?

I presume the Triple Lindy's larger batteries using 48-Amps increases the weight capacity to 450-lbs.

The Pride Victory 10's batteries use 40-Amp batteries with lesser weight capacity to 400-lbs.

I wonder if both mobility scooters traveled the same distance over three days and how old the Pride Victory 10 batteries were which might affect the recharging if it was using older batteries that had some dead cell that wouldn't recharge.

When I was a newbie with my first mobility scooter, after a couple of years, my batteries didn't last at long, but they still charged to 100%. I didn't realize at the time that it was only reading the working battery cells and not the dead cells. That was also the reason it charged using fewer hours because it only had to charge the working cells.

Of course, I was at MK when my batteries went from 50% charge to 0% charged in a matter of minutes. Lesson learned for me.

But that was over a decade ago and all the new technology is continuing to improve.

I have bought a new folding electric wheelchair that is lighter and drives further and charges in less time since it uses two Lithium-Ion batteries that only weigh 2-3-lbs. each. That still amazes me to this day.

Is that 48 amps (on the Triple Lindy) Lithium Ion? If so, it will exceed the maximum capacity allowed by the FAA to fly...

Hey RaySharpton. Sorry but I don't have a clue as to the manufacturer, as for the battery amp iI looked on Walkers website and it says power comes from 2 45 amp batteries. Hope that helps. NYCRules.

Is that 48 amps (on the Triple Lindy) Lithium Ion? If so, it will exceed the maximum capacity allowed by the FAA to fly...
Actually, it depends on how they are installed, if they are securely attached to the ECV in protective housing that prevents short circuits, then it would be allowed, but extra check in time and advance notice to the airline must be provided. If the batteries are removable they would not be allowed.

I just checked TSAs website on it, the rules are complex, so you would want to double check to make sure the vehicle fully complies with both FAA regulations and any riles imposed by the airline.

Actually, it depends on how they are installed, if they are securely attached to the ECV in protective housing that prevents short circuits, then it would be allowed, but extra check in time and advance notice to the airline must be provided. If the batteries are removable they would not be allowed.

I just checked TSAs website on it, the rules are complex, so you would want to double check to make sure the vehicle fully complies with both FAA regulations and any riles imposed by the airline.

TSA is not the place to check. The FAA actually governs this particular issue. The Hubs works for a major airline, and deals with the FAA daily, and can quote all this stuff literally chapter & verse - and he does every.single.time.I.fly.anywhere LOL.

You are absolutely correct about how complex these rules are, and to confuse matters even more, when there is a "housing" for the batteries, each airline gets to have it's say as to how they will handle it - what (for example) American Airlines has no problem with, Delta may refuse to carry, United may refuse but Southwest will allow. Some airlines will allow *some* devices in the hold with lithium-ion batteries, but not others, and often the call is made by a gate agent, the pilot, or a flight attendant, so it can vary widely from airline to airline, flight to flight, airport to airport. Some airlines require that all lithium ion batteries fly in the cabin, regardless of any housing that may be present to protect the battery. As a courtesy, when I fly, I always bring both of my batteries into the cabin, in a single bag, and before I take my seat I notify the Sr FA exactly where I will be stowing that bag. (Sometimes, they will move it to a special compartment (depends on the aircraft & pilot request) but most of the time they prefer for it to be directly overhead in the bins.

Because it can vary so widely, just flying one carrier, let alone multiple airlines, that's why I recommend staying within the FAA's guidelines, especially when it comes to lithium-ion batteries, as they are *very* specific. And always contact your airline, let them know specifically the make and model of your device, and then arrive at the airport early - and be prepared to remove the batteries from your device if you bump up against a gate agent who is having a bad day. (And yes, the TSA will allow a small toolkit with screwdrivers and pliers; I keep my tools packed in a pocket in my battery bag)

Here's the FAA's verbiage, copied and pasted (emphasis is mine):

Wheelchairs and mobility devices with lithium ion batteries, normal design, battery installed

Electric wheelchair, mobility scooter
Lithium metal (non-rechargeable lithium) batteries are forbidden with these devices.
The battery may remain installed only if it is securely attached to the mobility device, the battery housing provides protection from damage, and the terminals are protected from short circuit. The battery cables may remain connected only if the device is protected from accidental activation. For complete passenger instructions contact your airline. Advance arrangements and extra check-in time may be necessary.
See: 49 CFR 175.10(a)(17)

Electric wheelchair, mobility scooter
This description is for a wheelchair or mobility device that does not have a protective housing for its lithium ion battery. Lithium ion battery size is limited to 300 watt hours (Wh) or 25 grams equivalent lithium content (ELC). One spare battery not exceeding 300 Wh or two spare batteries not exceeding 160 Wh (13.5 grams ELC) each may be carried in carry-on baggage.
Lithium metal (non-rechargeable lithium) batteries are forbidden with these devices.
Lithium ion batteries must be removed from this type of mobility device and battery terminals protected from short circuit. The lithium ion batteries must be carried in carry-on baggage only. The passenger must advise the airline of the battery location. The airline must notify the Pilot-in-command of the battery location in the cabin.
For complete passenger instructions contact your airline. Advance arrangements and extra check-in time may be necessary.
Though allowable, airlines may not be able to accommodate the folded-up wheelchair/device in the passenger cabin. The device, with batteries removed, may travel as checked baggage.
See 49 CFR 175.10(a)(17) for additional requirements and conditions.​

And again - all of the above is strictly about lithium-ion batteries. Different battery chemistries have different rules & regs. So, someone using an SLA battery may never have to think twice about this stuff. And because of consumer devices with exploding lithium-ion batteries like hover boards, vape pens and cell phones, it's made traveling with a lithium-ion powered personal mobility device more difficult and confusing. I hate that, because Li-ion batteries are great for our devices; they last longer, recharge (relatively) quickly, and don't have the "memory effect" that you can see develop with older battery chemistries.

BUT - to get back to my original question regarding the Triple Lindy LOL - we still don't know what kind of battery chemistry the Triple Lindy has (although thanks to the OP, we do know that it carries 2 each 45 amp batteries, but we don't know the watts, which is the measurement that the FAA and the airlines use). This is the sticker from one of my batteries; with the volts & the amps, it's possible to calculate the watts:

battery info.jpeg

According to Walker's page, the batteries are "made in the US" which leads me to believe that they are SLA or similar. There are two battery cases under the seat that hold what will probably be something about the size of a standard car battery in each compartment. Typically, Li-ion batteries large enough to power a device the size of the Triple Lindy are made overseas.

I think I may have just answered my own question...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter