India Pavilion in EPCOT?

A BRIC country makes sense, and since they have China and Russia is unlikely, that leaves Brazil or India. I would imagine that there is more that they can do with an overview/stereotype of Indian culture in terms of a pavilion and dining. Therefore, given the existing high rate of tourism from Brazil, would a Brazil pavilion bring in more guests from South America? My guess is not enough to be significant, so I think an Indian pavilion makes a great deal of sense.

A BRIC country makes sense, and since they have China and Russia is unlikely, that leaves Brazil or India. I would imagine that there is more that they can do with an overview/stereotype of Indian culture in terms of a pavilion and dining. Therefore, given the existing high rate of tourism from Brazil, would a Brazil pavilion bring in more guests from South America? My guess is not enough to be significant, so I think an Indian pavilion makes a great deal of sense.
That's what I thought. Not to mention that, as I've said, it would also pull in visitors from the UK due to the fact that Indian cuisine is very popular there, and an India World Showcase would introduce even more flavours beyond that typical of a Friday/Saturday night takeaway.

That's what I thought. Not to mention that, as I've said, it would also pull in visitors from the UK due to the fact that Indian cuisine is very popular there, and an India World Showcase would introduce even more flavours beyond that typical of a Friday/Saturday night takeaway.

Absolutely! Other than Sanaa and a little in AK, they don’t seem to have much in the way of Indian food. As another Brit, this does seem a little lacking, and I believe that guests from the U.K. are the most common after the US and Canada. Of course, they could spend a lot less money and make the U.K. pavilion far more authentic by adding Chicken Tikka Masala to the Rose and Crown menu instead. :D

Absolutely! Other than Sanaa and a little in AK, they don’t seem to have much in the way of Indian food. As another Brit, this does seem a little lacking, and I believe that guests from the U.K. are the most common after the US and Canada. Of course, they could spend a lot less money and make the U.K. pavilion far more authentic by adding Chicken Tikka Masala to the Rose and Crown menu instead. :D
I should totally suggest that! Tikka's my favourite!

I’ve never understood that argument that a Brazil pavilion would attract more Brazilian tourists. I mean who spends thousands to fly a hemisphere to see a postcard imitation of home?

I’ve never understood that argument that a Brazil pavilion would attract more Brazilian tourists. I mean who spends thousands to fly a hemisphere to see a postcard imitation of home?

I totally agree, which was what I was trying to say - Disney would need to work out whether a Brazil pavilion would attract more South American guests, but I personally doubt it.

I’m in the U.K., and the only thing people from here seem to enjoy about the U.K. pavilion is walking around looking at prices and being astonished that they can sell basic British supermarket items for such a huge mark up. Other than that, the consensus seems to be that it’s a bit embarrassing. I would guess that other nationalities probably feel fairly similarly about their pavilions.

I’m sure I will now get lots of Brits telling me that they love the U.K. pavilion, but that’s what people in real life have been telling me since I started planning my upcoming trip.

I totally agree, which was what I was trying to say - Disney would need to work out whether a Brazil pavilion would attract more South American guests, but I personally doubt it.

I’m in the U.K., and the only thing people from here seem to enjoy about the U.K. pavilion is walking around looking at prices and being astonished that they can sell basic British supermarket items for such a huge mark up. Other than that, the consensus seems to be that it’s a bit embarrassing. I would guess that other nationalities probably feel fairly similarly about their pavilions.

I’m sure I will now get lots of Brits telling me that they love the U.K. pavilion, but that’s what people in real life have been telling me since I started planning my upcoming trip.
I get that. It’s supposed to be a caricature of what the real place is like, and as someone who has yet to travel outside of the country (hope to change that some day) it’s pretty cool to just walk around and talk to the cast members and get a fanciful version of the real thing.

I don’t think an entire new country would attract new visitors just to see it in itself anyways. It’d just be something more for guests already going to the world showcase to spend money at

I should totally suggest that! Tikka's my favourite!

It’s better than Scotch eggs!

I get that. It’s supposed to be a caricature of what the real place is like, and as someone who has yet to travel outside of the country (hope to change that some day) it’s pretty cool to just walk around and talk to the cast members and get a fanciful version of the real thing.

I don’t think an entire new country would attract new visitors just to see it in itself anyways. It’d just be something more for guests already going to the world showcase to spend money at

Definitely. And I want to point out that I’m not criticising the pavilions at all - I’m really looking forward to seeing them, eating yummy food, getting Japanese candy, watching the entertainment and so on. I am even looking forward to seeing the UK pavilion, though it’s not top of my list. I was just trying to illustrate my/your argument that a pavilion of country X is unlikely to be a draw for people from that country.

It’s better than Scotch eggs!

Definitely. And I want to point out that I’m not criticising the pavilions at all - I’m really looking forward to seeing them, eating yummy food, getting Japanese candy, watching the entertainment and so on. I am even looking forward to seeing the UK pavilion, though it’s not top of my list. I was just trying to illustrate my/your argument that a pavilion of country X is unlikely to be a draw for people from that country.
Oh definitely! I’ve heard this argument before, but I always like hearing it from someone who lives in a country represented in WS. Not really a perspective I can relate to on the matter

I agree that it wouldn’t make me want to visit more or at all .... but I will say having been to Hong Kong Disneyland I enjoyed their take on “America” in it’s a Small world so I would think people from the country represented in World Showcase would enjoy it as one small part of their trip

I so hope this happens. Indian food is my favorite, especially korma and masala dishes. Hopefully we get both Brazil and India, but India would be my first choice for a new pavilion. A pirates type Jungle Book ride would be great, too.

Heck with the UK. The first thing i thought of when I saw this rumor was the food possibilities! :banana:

I am so on board for this! I hate Indian food (I'm way too picky), but I absolutely love the Jungle Book so a ride would be incredible. Do you think they'll build the Taj Mahal? Maybe something like the Eiffel Tower where it's "off in the distance"?

I always get excited at the prospect of a new country. My alma mater has an academic building where they have rooms themed to different nationalities and I adore walking through them and seeing all the tiny details from each different country. Would love to see a new addition to WS too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter