Indiana Jones at HS

It's a stunt show based on a few of the scenes in Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's about 30 minutes long I would guess, with a couple of slower portions while the sets are changed. If you think that would appeal to your 3yo, then sure.

Bring snacks! All kids are different and you know your kids best, but I think this would be boring for most 3-year-olds. :)

Bring snacks! All kids are different and you know your kids best, but I think this would be boring for most 3-year-olds. :)
Thank you! Just trying to balance the day as we hope to get TSM and Disney Junior Live and struggling what 8 year old will like (he's not into Star Wars) he loves Lightnin McQueen things like that.

Thank you! Just trying to balance the day as we hope to get TSM and Disney Junior Live and struggling what 8 year old will like (he's not into Star Wars) he loves Lightnin McQueen things like that.

Your 8 yr old will LOVE it! Our youngest was just shy of 4 the first time he saw it, and he was mesmerized. He hadn't seen the movies at that time, of course, but it didn't matter. The action was enough to keep him interested.

I've not taken one that little to IJ but a few years ago the people behind us had a 3 y.o.-ish girl who screamed bloody murder at every sight of fire or sound of loud noise. Poor thing, I don't know why her parents didn't bring earplugs for her if she's that sensitive. Or asked a CM if it was loud. Or listened outside the theater during the previous show, you can totally hear Indy from a distance.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was on our pre-trip movie list. If your three y/o doesn't have the patience of the maturity to watch all of Raiders, you could show him/her the scenes that are depicted in the show.

Here are the scenes as I rememeber from our last visit in the 90's
Rolling ball
Marion's abduction in the market
Indy / German Mechanic fight

You could probably find these clips on YouTube!, if you didn't have the movie available.
I'm sure others will chime in, if my information is incorrect or dated.

My 2 boys LOVE this show. They saw it first at 2 and 5. We went to it twice that trip because they loved it so much. They still loved it at 4 and 7 and again at 6 and 9.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was on our pre-trip movie list. If your three y/o doesn't have the patience of the maturity to watch all of Raiders, you could show him/her the scenes that are depicted in the show.

Here are the scenes as I rememeber from our last visit in the 90's
Rolling ball
Marion's abduction in the market
Indy / German Mechanic fight

You could probably find these clips on YouTube!, if you didn't have the movie available.
I'm sure others will chime in, if my information is incorrect or dated.

Your information is still correct. Which means the attraction is dated.

At ages 3 & 5, my kids didn't like it. We were seated front row (due to a last minute 3 yo potty emergency, a wonderful CM saw our panic that we'd miss it and gave us priority seating, but I digress...), which may have ended up making it too intense. But, the kids also just didn't get it. For the adults in the group, it's an old favorite nostalgic show. We're making the kids sit through it again in 2 months, at ages 5 & 7. :) My guess is that the 7yo may be into it this time.

So, your 8 yo may like it, but don't count on the 3 yo. It can be over their heads &/or boring, or even possibly be scary due to the sounds and fire. But, it's not *that* scary. Our 3 yo just looked away and quietly complained. ;)

My 4 year old enjoyed the show even though he has never seen an Indiana Jones movie. He liked the action and the stunts.

Might possibly be scary. I agree with watching scenes before

You will love it more than your kids. But I don't think its too scary or anything so your kids should be fine. Couple of really funny laugh out loud parts too.

Your information is still correct. Which means the attraction is dated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/

Raiders came out in 1981. If you were born on opening day, you'd be 36 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_Epic_Stunt_Spectacular!

IJSS opened on 8/25/89. If you were born on opening day of IJSS, you'd be almost 28 years old.

Assuming an opening day performer was around 22, they'd be 50 about now. It'd be like Crystal Skull, geriatric stunts. ;)

Maybe that's how they could "refresh" the attraction? Include stunts from Crystal Skull! :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!