Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Aug 29th - 8th Annual - All Welcome

I'll be there, I'll be alone, and I'm rather shy so please feel free to introduce yourself, and I don't know what I'll be bringing yet - we'll see what happens on Friday evening / Saturday morning.

As a side note, is there a reason there are two threads for this event? The DISUnplugged show notes link to a thread titled 'GKTW Event: Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Aug 29th - 8th Annual' (http://www.disboards.com/threads/gk...-disney-meet-sat-aug-29th-8th-annual.3378827/) but the link in the ADP signature goes to this thread. I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I'll be there, I'll be alone, and I'm rather shy so please feel free to introduce yourself, and I don't know what I'll be bringing yet - we'll see what happens on Friday evening / Saturday morning.

As a side note, is there a reason there are two threads for this event? The DISUnplugged show notes link to a thread titled 'GKTW Event: Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Aug 29th - 8th Annual' (http://www.disboards.com/threads/gk...-disney-meet-sat-aug-29th-8th-annual.3378827/) but the link in the ADP signature goes to this thread. I'm just curious.
No real reason. It's just to make sure others who visit different forums have an opportunity to see it.

We're the ones who brought the Mickey-shaped snickerdoodles last year. We came way late, near the end, but we're able to come much earlier this time around! We are bringing the Mickeydoodles again. :)

Hi @AyraBelle :wave2: I too was there alone (and shy) last year as a first timer. Needless to say Aaron and the team and the DIS community did a great job making the event fun, welcoming and entertaining. Not sure what I am wearing yet (thinking my EPCOT tshirt), but you can look for this solo traveler to be there!

Thanks, @StLDisFan :D

For reference, if I end up wanting to bid on something what would the preferred payment method be? I don't often carry around much cash or my checkbook, but if that is what I should do then I can make sure that I bring either one.
Thanks!

Hi, looking for advice on protocol. I've never been to a meet and thinking i might like to come this weekend. I will bring a dish, but was wondering if i need to RSVP. It will be me, hubby and daughter (6). Also, when bringing food, about how many people should i prepare for? I also would like to know preferred payment for auction items. Thank you!

Hi, looking for advice on protocol. I've never been to a meet and thinking i might like to come this weekend. I will bring a dish, but was wondering if i need to RSVP. It will be me, hubby and daughter (6). Also, when bringing food, about how many people should i prepare for? I also would like to know preferred payment for auction items. Thank you!

Hi there,
There is no RSVP process. Admission is free. Just come as you are.
As for food, just bring a dish to share. Bring as much as you'd like. Enough to share for a reasonable portion of attendees. See you this Saturday.

Thanks, @StLDisFan :D

For reference, if I end up wanting to bid on something what would the preferred payment method be? I don't often carry around much cash or my checkbook, but if that is what I should do then I can make sure that I bring either one.
Thanks!
We will be accepting cash, checks, and credit cards.

I'm really bummed. We had to cancel our plans to come to the meet. This is the only meet that is a close enough drive for us. Some last minute stuff has come to light, and we cannot make it. This would have been my first meet too. :sad1:

It looks as if we may be a no show as well. A late family event has come up and we need to go there instead. This will be the first we have missed in 5 years, what a bummer. I look forward to next years....smjj :(:(

Making the most of it this weekend! Went to the Art Museum -- it is fantastic! Lunch at Bluebeards was amazing and coffee at Calvin Fletcher's next door was equally great. Visited Indy Reads Book Store and nearly adopted a kitten.

Staying at the LeMeridien downtown and just love the place! So classy! They even upgraded me to a deluxe corner room!

Now I am enjoying Pearl Street Pizza after a stroll around downtown (which is HOPPIN', btw). This is such a great town; I cant belive i didnt make a weekend of it last year. All out-of-towners need to check this city out!

Can't wait to make my way up to Noblesville tomorrow -- Noble Coffee Shop and Sweet Home Cupcakes (what I will be bringing to the meet) . See everyone there! :wave2:

I looked back on past meets, going back even before this current series you have been running for so many years now. From such humble beginnings....

I remember those first meets! Castleton food court, Loon Lake Lodge, Circle Center Mall....... fun times!

I am so totally bummed!!! I would love to be coming out, but I have a wedding to attend. I never have anything going on that I can't change..except this one weekend! :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!