Individual Disney Youth Education Seiries (YES program) discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerjoy

Earning My Ears
I have been checking in with the YES program periodically, waiting for the late November programs to post. I have an 8 year old who would LOVE some of their classes for our Thanksgiving trip.

Well, today I go to check again and the website redirects me to a link that says this:
Enrollment in the Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment and Disney Student Seminars – is no longer available.

Has anyone heard anything about the individual YES program? I am heartbroken as I just found out about it a few months ago, and it seems like such an amazing opportunity.

I have been checking in with the YES program periodically, waiting for the late November programs to post. I have an 8 year old who would LOVE some of their classes for our Thanksgiving trip.

Well, today I go to check again and the website redirects me to a link that says this:
Enrollment in the Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment and Disney Student Seminars – is no longer available.

Has anyone heard anything about the individual YES program? I am heartbroken as I just found out about it a few months ago, and it seems like such an amazing opportunity.

You should try and call 1-877-WD-YOUTH and ask there.

I've been checking as well, and did see some openings for fall dates over the past few weeks. Just recently I saw the same message as you, and just assumed all the spots had been taken at this point so the registration is closed.

I finally heard back, after leaving a voicemail for the YES program. The Individual enrollment has been discontinued. CM said the reason was all of the construction going on...personally, I just think not enough people knew about it, and they were not filling the classes.

Prices were higher this year than regular park tickets. I think they wanted to discontinue any discounts that were being used to get into the parks.

I finally heard back, after leaving a voicemail for the YES program. The Individual enrollment has been discontinued. CM said the reason was all of the construction going on...personally, I just think not enough people knew about it, and they were not filling the classes.
They are still enrolling groups, though, correct?

I figured it must have been eliminated because my email to wdw.yes.individual.enrollment@disney.com came back as undeliverable :( So thought I would look here to see if that was correct :( looks like it is.

I agree that the discount isn't what it used to be. I looked back at old emails and this was the prices we paid in 2010
"10 Day Park Hopper YES Open Enrollment Ticket= $189.96
10 Day Premium YES Open Enrollment Ticket= $205.22

(all prices above include tax)"

Thankful that we had that opportunity!! That was before they switched to an outside company

Aw, that's a shame. We liked the programs so well we'd have done them even at an additional charge. The careers in marine biology class was one of my daughter's all time favorite Disney experiences.

I almost flipped out when I first read the post. I was an instructor for the YES Program in 2000. In 2000 Yes Program was under the Disney Institute. They offered cooking classes, photography classes, wine tastings, and camp programs. The Yes tours were not available for a single person. After I finished my internship I heard the company was restructuring these programs out of the Institute (Institute was where Saratoga Springs is now). The Yes Program was moved to offices in Celebration. I know that tickets for the tours were cheaper than regular park admission at that time. I really think that the tours were the reason that school boards allowed students to go to Disney. The YES Program was the educational piece. Now I'm hoping that Disney does not cut all of these tours.

Aw, that's a shame. We liked the programs so well we'd have done them even at an additional charge. The careers in marine biology class was one of my daughter's all time favorite Disney experiences.
It is amazing how memorable the classes are! We were blessed to be able to participate in the Yes program 3 different trips. The memories from those 3 trips stand out greater than all the others. We just pulled out the papers given to us at our last one several years ago on how to create a hydroponic garden so we can try it. My son still has a pin a cast member gave him for the question he asked during the Q&A our first YES trip. We laugh when there is a delay in before we launch on Space Mountian because we learned how more weight increases the speed so they delay a ride slightly so it doesn't get too close to the one before it. Getting to the park before it opens and going backstage was pretty cool too. So many memories...

That's such a bummer! We did the program a few times and my son really enjoyed it! We still talk about the magnets on the people mover!!

This is really disheartening. I was looking forward to enrolling my daughter next year for her 16th birthday. I guess the only way to do it now is to plan a girl scout trip..sigh

I just called today because I was having trouble finding info. They don't do it anymore. You have to be part of a group (school, church, etc). I'm really disappointed.

Maybe with this thread we could collaborate and come up with 10 for a group. I know that I can do May 26 through June 2, 2018. Think we can come up 9 others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!