Industrial accident at Epcot?

Don’t blame people or Disney until you have details. This person was not a Disney employee. You were way too much in a rush to jump to conclusions. It is the contractor who must look at what occurred.

The reports from Disney and local media this morning are that the individual worked for Sunbelt Rentals and was not their employee.

There have been at least 3 industrial accidents on Disney property within less than a year. To me that's alarming and signals that something needs to be looked at.

It's 3 too many I'd agree. However, the amount of construction on Disney property right now is staggering. Odds are not in favor that the period will be accident free.

If I remember correctly, at least one was a cast member that had a health event the triggered his untimely end. We don't know what happened here, but certainly is in the realm of possibility that the contractor had a health event as well.

There have been at least 3 industrial accidents on Disney property within less than a year. To me that's alarming and signals that something needs to be looked at.

My guess is that right now on an every day basis there are probably workers from 50 to 100 different construction firms on the grounds at WDW.

And 4 workers have died during the construction of I4. Unfortunately, construction accidents happen and that’s why the OHSA exists and they will be involved here. OHSA will make recommendations and fines fault is found. In other words, safety and safety procedures are always under investigation.

It would be excellent if there were no accidents but they do happen and as such with the amount of construction around Disney (2 major hotels, GOTG, Star Wars, gondolas, extensive major road work etc) unfortunately neither totally unexpected or alarming. And the construction is done by outside contractors and accidents are their responsibility.

Again we don’t know all the details. Walt Disney World is as large or bigger than some cities. It’s the countries largest single site employer. It’s unfortunate but things happen. I’m sure Disney will look into what happened. I’m not entirely concerned about worker safety because these incidents over the past decade or so haven’t all happened in the same area.

With that you'd have every compliance officer wondering that about controls at the system level. Being spread across the system isn't necessarily a good thing,

Last edited:
With that you have every compliance officer wondering that about controls at the system level. Being spread across the system isn't necessarily a good thing,
I’m not saying it is a good thing. No workplace incident is a good thing however personally I’m not concerned that there is a widespread issue at hand.

Of course it will be looked at.

If anyone thinks Disney is to blame without looking at even a basic investigative report is just plain naive and wrong.

Sometimes working conditions need improvement. Sometimes people are just stupid. Sometimes things just plain happen. NOBODY here knows what happened with any of these events.

Disney has 62,000 employees. Show me any town with anywhere near that number and I will show you a town with a busy ER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter