Inexpensive, but decent hotels near WDW

Crazy4DisneyandTink

Mouseketeer
Our family will be at WDW August 2021 celebrating my daughter's high school graduation. We'll be staying at the Poly and doing a VIP tour. I just recently decided to fly in a day before our Polynesian stay and stay at hotel near WDW because on our 1st official day of vacation we'll be going to MK and I don't want to be exhausted on our first day. The plan is to fly in stay at a relatively nice hotel for one night, eat and relax before we hit the parks for 7 days.

Any recommendations on nice, but inexpensive hotels no more than 15 minutes from the Poly?

Thanks in advance! :tink:

We stayed at the Monumental on International Drive. Same situation....arrived the afternoon before our Disney resort check in. It was inexpensive, close to the outlets, and had a nice zero entry pool that we relaxed in later in the evening. I'd stay there again if we decide to arrive a day early again next year.

I-Drive can feel too touristy, unless thats what you are after. Try Town Plaza Suites and Springhill Suites by Marriott on Flamingo Crossing BLVD. Literally closer to AK than some of the MK resorts are. And while there are plenty of shops and restaurants around you aren't beat over the head with it like you are on I-drive.

I-Drive can feel too touristy, unless thats what you are after. Try Town Plaza Suites and Springhill Suites by Marriott on Flamingo Crossing BLVD. Literally closer to AK than some of the MK resorts are. And while there are plenty of shops and restaurants around you aren't beat over the head with it like you are on I-drive.
Agreed! When we are on vaca, that is what we are after. We plan on retiring to the area when it is time and will probably search out other places to spend time after a while.

You could go for a Disney value resort for that one day! We have also stayed at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn Express and the nearby Hampton Inn for nearby, nice, and inexpensive.

You can try any of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels. I know there's a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn on Palm Parkway, about 5 min from the Disney Springs entrance on SR 535.

Are you planning on using Magical Express or will you have transportation at the beginning of your trip? If ME, then stay at the airport hotel and then use ME the next morning.

Are you planning on using Magical Express or will you have transportation at the beginning of your trip? If ME, then stay at the airport hotel and then use ME the next morning.

For our last few trips I have been renting a car, so I'll probably do the same next year because it's so convenient. Thanks for the advice!

I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express nearby. It was beautiful as it was very new (5 years ago) and they had transportation. Problem is I do not remember the address or which one. However, I usually have good luck with IHG properties and I love the warm cinnamon rolls at Holiday Inn Express for breakfast!!!

Also they have a great club for accumulating points.

I like the Drury Inn. It’s on I-drive. They have the 530 kickback with a free food buffet and free alcoholic drinks then they have breakfast in the morning. It’s great for one night especially since you get dinner & breakfast for your room price.

Marriot is literally giving away rooms at the moment... for a condo the Sheraton Vistana Resort is great!

Our family will be at WDW August 2021 celebrating my daughter's high school graduation. We'll be staying at the Poly and doing a VIP tour. I just recently decided to fly in a day before our Polynesian stay and stay at hotel near WDW because on our 1st official day of vacation we'll be going to MK and I don't want to be exhausted on our first day. The plan is to fly in stay at a relatively nice hotel for one night, eat and relax before we hit the parks for 7 days.

Any recommendations on nice, but inexpensive hotels no more than 15 minutes from the Poly?
Thanks in advance! :tink:
If you don't want to deal with non-Disney transportation, I would recommend getting a room on-site at Disney. If you don't mind arranging your own transportation, I would look into one of the Disney Springs hotel so you can walk to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter