Inexpensive Go Pro Type Camera?

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
Do many of you use these for beach days? Or other cruise related water activities? We are doing the 4 night Dream cruise with stops in Nassau and CC. The current plan is to stay on the boat at Nassau, but at CC enjoy a beach day. I wondered if a camera like this would be fun to have for water pics, plus keep my cell phone from getting sand and water logged (what we would use for photos otherwise, but would not take it in the water). Are these knock of Go Pro type cameras easy to load the photos on your PC? We do not need an activity type camera like this often enough to justify a pricey Go Pro one, but I've seen several people reference $50-$70 ones that seem to work well. Just curious as to what others experiences have been.

You could also consider an actual go pro, just one of the older models. If you don't mind buying used, you can find an older version in that price range. They update every year roughly, but if you don't need all the top of the line features the first few models had just about everything you'd need.

I have this one and it’s great! It comes with a waterproof case and lots of different ways to attach it to things. I also bought a floating grip handle for when I want to swim with it. I’ve used it at the waterpark a couple times and it’s pretty good if you ask me. I will link to a video I took with it. Only the underwater portions are with this camera.

Campark Action Camera 4K WiFi Ultra HD Sports Cam Underwater Waterproof 30M 170°Wide-Angle Lens with Remote Control 2 Recharge Batteries and Mounting Accessories Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R64P4G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HY9GDb9B5SYBW

Grip - Victure Floating Hand Grip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKR5ZGH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

My video -

You could also consider an actual go pro, just one of the older models. If you don't mind buying used, you can find an older version in that price range. They update every year roughly, but if you don't need all the top of the line features the first few models had just about everything you'd need.

Yep- this! We have an older model and it works perfect. As my kids say-"GoPro or we don't go!" :sunny:

My dad has an Activeon in addition to a Go Pro and is quite happy with it's performance despite the low price tag.

Aby

I got a Campark (as mentioned above) and while it did work pretty well, if you have any sort of waterproof case for your camera, I highly recommend testing it out before the trip! I had tested the camera but not the case, and it was a rude awakening when halfway through the snorkel, water began to leak in from the case! I was still able to get some good shots before then and during activities like Pelican Plunge that didn't have constant submersion, but it definitely wasn't great. The case was the only problem I had with Campark, though, and I think it's a very good pricewise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter